MOVIE LOCATION !!!!!!!! OR AT LEAST SOME OF IT

GOCANES

Hi, I grew up in LA, lived in Clinton and still have lots of family in and around the Clinton area. Clinton is a small "Hazzard" type town. I know that they have been filming a jump scene across the Comite River off the Overton Ford Rd. (the bridge has been out there since a flood a while ago) and that they have been parking alot of trailers, etc. at the old Silliman School. I lived in Louisiana all my life until recently and have NEVER seen an alligator or croc in Clinton...now that's not to say they aren't there, but mostly they live farther down in the southern part of LA. A few snakes, but no alligators. The courthouse in Clinton is really pretty and sits on a square in town. We have been to many Peach festivals on those grounds. It's beautiful. Cooter's garage I heard was set at the old CAS auto shop building on the west side of town. My aunt and 2 teenage cousins saw Jessica at the mall in Louisiana and all said that she was really rude and wouldn't let them take her picture. The two 14 yr. old teenagers --those are her "target" buyers - What would it have hurt to be nice to them? FYI Clinton is about 40 minutes north of Baton Rouge. Anyway, hi to any LA relatives & friends that may be reading this from the MN girl. :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I know about the movie. I have a few pictures of the General parked in downtown Baton Rouge. The car DOES have the flag on top (as it should)!!!! I don't know about the other stunt cars, but the one I did see pictures of had it. I don't know about the exact location of the Boar's Nest, but it was going to be located in a feed store in Clinton called the Feliciana Farmer's Co-Op. The business is building a new structure, but the film schedule was not going to be good for the business and construction. Clinton is located about 40 miles due north of Baton Rouge and about 10 or so miles south of the MS state line. I hunt up there and the area is very good for this movie...lots of hills, draws, back roads, and such. There will be a race scene of some sorts filmed at Baton Rouge Raceway, which is a dirt track where the local boys race on weekends just north of Baton Rouge, outside the town of Baker.

Guess I"m going to have to make a pass by the old 'Yota place this afternoon to see what I can spot.

Brian [><]

Hello,

Just to give everyone a update. All day yesterday they filmed the jail scene ( Hazard County Jail) at the corner of Scenic and Choctaw in Baton Rouge. I think the scene consisted of Daisy busting one of the Duke boys out. I also saw that they have a 60's Ford Mustang Shelby painted with Burt Renoylds face and it has Boss Hogg on the back fenders. I also happen to live in Clinton and we are having a Christmas parade which Jessica will be in and they are supposed to be shooting some scenes also. Cooters is still there and I think they are coming back to shoot some more there but I'm not sure.

Well guys i was out at the mellow mushroom in Baton Rouge and Johnny Knoxville bought be a drink...we started to talk...nothing too important,, but he says alls well in Hazzard land...he LOVES it in baton rouge. He was hanging out with a group of guys from new orleans that will be in the movie (minor roles) The next saturday i saw him at Walk Ons (A FAVE OF THE CAST) he sat by me and we watched the Tenn vs. Aub game...he was mad that Tenn lost (his home town)!!! I find it funny that he can go out almost every night and party it up, yet get into gear to play Luke Duke.

I think your best bet would be to bar hop in Baton Rouge, if you wanna meet the cast off set...Jessica simpson goes to clicks billards almost every monday...I am a regular at Walk Ons on the weekends and i have seen Stifler, Johhny as well as Jessica there this past weekend...Johhny goes to Bogies and Freds ALOT and he has been to Mellow Mushroom...Jessica live in the Univerity Club in BR on Nicholson...in a purple tinted house (from what i hear)....i guess if you wanted to be a stalker you could go there....but that wouldnt be cool....i think just bar hopping in BR on the weekends and eating at places like Sullivans, Ruffinos, and Ruth Chris would be a likely sighting of the stars...

For those of you that have met or seen Knoxville, Scott, or Simpson in person, how tall in height would would you say that each of them are in comparison with the original Dukes. I do remember hearing Jessica Simpson saying on one of the talk a couple of months ago that she would love to be 5'7.

Thanks again for all of the info!

GADuke01

If yall really want to know the truth jessica simpson is VERY RUDE! The flim crew WAS located (trailers and etc.) at a private school in Clinton but Jessica told them they had to relocate after too many little REDNECK HICK kids wouldnt leave her alone. So they moved to a funiture warehouse just outside of clinton, la. They are doing ALOT of filming in Clinton Louisiana and Zachary Louisiana. The jail is located in Zachary. My boyfriend works at a car dealership in Baton Rouge and they have a contract with Hazzardous Productions. Most of the stars are driving around in 350z and Armadas BUT Stiffler is driving a Burgundy Escalade and Jessica has some kind of Land Rover (BIG SURPRISE). Moonlight Inn is the site of the Boar's Nest and from what i hear Jessica Simpson's stunt double/ stand in is HOTTER than she is. Anyways, ill try to keep you updated. My boyfriend talks the director quite often. He's a big Nissan freak.

Hey loyal hazzard folk. I've had one of the coolest experiences of my life today. I've lived here in Baton Rouge for all of my 25 years and like you grew up on the Dukes. Anyway, to my duke sighting. I was driving my girlfriend to the airport today on I-110 south which runs through much of downtown Baton ROuge and such, when We came upon bumper to bumper traffic...this was disconcerting a t first, since I didn't want my girlfiriend to miss her plane to see her folks for the holidays.. When we came upon the problem, it turned out to be a whole slew of people on the interstate , and the cops had shut down a mile long stretch of interstate for no apparent reason...any ay we we re-routed to a sidestreet where we could get back on the interstate at some point. While exiting the interstate we saw a semi truck with some ramps on it and on the ramps...........none other than the gereral lee.!!!!!! I was awestruck...it was like a childhood dream come true.

Anyway, in the general lee, they had some dummies in the back...it looked like two women, one of them obviously daisy, and a dummy in the passenger seat. It looked to me like they were going to jump the car onto or over the interstate, which is just badass. Anyway, I had to go to the airport, and On the way back, I exited near choctaw and scenic highway, to see if I could catch some action. Anywone familiar with Baton ROuge knows where McKinley middle school is. Anyway, about a block south of there is where I found the film crew working under the interstate. To my utter amazement, no one was really keeping a tight watch on anything over there, so I parked my truck and got out. There were about 6 general lee's, all of them lableled for different purposes on the widshield. One had "post-stunt" written on it, and as for the others, I was too awestruick to notice any other details. One of the cars even had some sort of canopy on the TOP that looked like you could drive the car from the roof....odd, but I'm, sure it has it's purpose. Also, under the overpass were about 7 cop cars...new style cop cars, like crown victorias...ans all the cars had georgia plates on them..

Anyway, I got a good peek at all the cars and whatnot and even taked with one of the crew. I asked him if he was involved in the movie, since he had a pass around his neck and he said yeah but he wasn't the type of crew that gets to be near the action. Anyway, I said to him, " man this is a dream come true" and he understood where I was coming from since he said he grew up on the Dukes too.

I'm sorry if my post is erratic...it's just hard to disitill such a monumental occurence into a few paragraphs. I hope they're filming timorrow, Sunday Dec. 19. I'm gonna take my older brother out there, another childhood duke devotee, and see if we can take some pictures with his digital camera, I'm ashamed I didn''t have one with me today...I'm gonna try and make it up to you guys though and see if I can't get some pics....anyway, 10-4 over an' out

Yeah, I was actually a driver in the interstate scene on Saturday in Baton Rouge. I got a lot of inside information that I am going to share with everyone here.

First off, there are not going to be hardly any computer animated (CGI) scenes for the jumps. The car is being jumped with a super fancy Nitrogen system, alot like the one used on aircraft carriers to launch/propel jets for take offs! I saw this thing in action Saturday and it is wild!

I was a driver in a scene where they launch the General off of an on-ramp and it jumps over cars to land on the North bound lanes of traffic. We did 2 takes (because the first time, the car hit the pavement at a bad angle and veered hard right into the railing.) The 2nd one was perfect!

Then, they filmed the car jumping again, off of a ramp going 60 mph - which is probably the scene poseidun had seen. They did about 10 rehearsals to get the speed and camera position correct and the jump was successful. I heard the car bottom out hard on the pavement, which was cool to see just how much damage 1 jump can do to the car. It was still drivable, but was making noises from what the stunt driver was saying over the radio.

I also qualified Sunday to be a driver in a January scene that will be filmed in the Wharehouse district of New Orleans.

I will post that info. up also, along with my pictures as soon as that is complete.

Personally, I don't think this movie is going to be as bad as a lot of people are saying. The stunt team is a very skilled and professional group, so at least the stunts are going to be very good in the movie! As for the plot, I really don't know much but I do know that this is not going to be a comedy like the Starsky & Hutch movie was. I was told that it is as serious (if not more serious) than the original series was as the storyline goes.

Well, I will be posting more info up for you guys as I get it!

Later

MoonDuke

Moonduke, thanks for the informative post. It's nice to get an insider's perspective. Man, it'd be awesome to work on this movie in any capacity.

Have they wrapped up down there by the interstate? Are there going to be any more scenes filmed in the Baton ROuge area....I just HAVE to get a picture of those General Lee's that I missed getting on saturday.

Anyway, any info would be appreciated, but I understand if you can't divulge stuff like that.

Thanks, and be safe with those badass stunts

• 2 weeks later...

hello , im a 26 yr old paint and body man from Denham Springs La . me and my team are painting all the cars for the movie and i must say that ever since this movie has been going on it has been a great exp. for me and my crew. Honostly im about tired of orange paint and there are many, many more cars in the movie for stunt sceens or if the Hero car (General Lee) gets a lil dent we get to fix. I will bring Some Pics from work and upload a few to see all the cars. From what we know that the movie will have Rally Races,Street Races, InterState races, and god knows what else but ill try to find a way to get you Guys some pics 8)

http://www.regionaltransit.org/showadvisories.php?id=26

RTA Adjusts Service of St. Charles Streetcar and Buses for Filming of Scenes for the `Dukes of Hazzard'

Due to the filming of car chase scenes for the "Dukes of Hazzard" movie, the Regional Transit Authority (RTA) will adjust routes on some of its streetcar and bus lines. Service on the St. Charles Streetcar will be cut back at Erato on January 8, 9, 15, and 16. Bus service will be provided between Erato and Canal Street while filming is in progress.

Completion of filming on other streets will also require some detours of bus routes on January 6, 7, 8, 15 and 16 to allow crews to do preparation and completion work. The Algiers Park and Ride and the Aurora Express may be re-routed during travel times. Signage will be placed at the bus stops to alert passengers of changes, and information will be posted on RTA's website, www.norta.com. In addition, RTA supervisors will be on the routes to provide assistance and information to passengers.

http://www.bayoubuzz.com/articles.aspx?aid=2946

New Orleans, Louisiana

The Mayor’s Office of Film and Video and “The Dukes of Hazzard†film production will hold a press conference Tuesday, January 4, to detail road closures and traffic re-routing for filming. Some scenes of the film will be shot in the Central Business District, the Warehouse District, and the Lee Circle area January 6 – 9 and January 15 and 16, 2005.

“The Dukes of Hazzard†New Orleans Location Manager, Virginia McCollam, will provide detailed information, including dates, times and maps of the street closures as well as the procedures for re-routing of traffic by the New Orleans Police Department and the New Orleans Department of Public Works. Closure and re-routing information will be vital for those who live, work, or need to access businesses in the affected areas.