What's in your collection?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Start any topic ya want! Remember, we nevah object to somethin' unless it's objectionable, and we won't know what's objectionable 'till we see it. Heh heh.

Anyhow! The item in my own collection that I'm most proud of, is a Dukes of Hazzard electric slot racing set, still factory-sealed in the box. Made by Ideal and I believe it's circa 1981. I picked up this gem at a car show. And of all things, it was from a toy vendor that dealt in die-cast toy tractors, who had this.

Just a tip for ya'll, I've found some my best DOH items at the bigger car shows and swap meets. I've also done well in antique/collectable stores, where I've picked up old Dukes matchbox cars, drinking mugs, tv trays, John Schneider records, and the like.

Another collection I have involves bootleg merchandise that was never authorized by WB. Don't get excited, I personally don't sell bootleg stuff and never will. But I collect it - sometimes as evidence, other times because the items are kinda funny. I remember finding one t-shirt in a smarmy teenager's store, that had Bo/Luke/Daisy on it, in one of their trademark poses, with "TRAILER TRASH" written underneath. It offended me so much, I had to buy it.

Brian

I got some good stuff at car shows too. Actually at Carlisle , PA mostly. Haven't been there in about 5 years though You can find anything automotive related there. YEEEHAAAWWWW... I picked an original ERTL die cast from 81? . I think it is 1/24th, doesn't say on the box, but looks to be that size. But I got a great deal on it and hadn't seen it before. Then ertl started making the 1/24th and 1/18th scale again....

Darrell

Item owned since it was originally released: 1980s Daisy Duke beach towel <4 different DOH versions were released>

unofficial companion book by David Hofstede, unofficial memorabilia guide by David Allen, five or six autographed "official cast" pictures, playstation games, 3 inch mego figures, 1980s plastic Dixie jeep, 2005 remote control General Lee, model kits and toy cars, Cooter's Place Sperryville VA key chain, stunt team picture lanyard.

Semi DOH related- Racing Champs Lynyrd Skynyrd 2000 1969 Dodge Charger in General Lee orange with 00 on the doors, a flag design on the roof.

Most recent: 2006 Dukesfest General Lee jump picture in a frame.

The only vintage Dukes stuff I have (as in I got back in the day) is that Ertl car set and a Dukes of Hazzard guitar (black with the picture of Bo, Luke and Daisy on the face.) The guitar is literally junk now as I tore off the face sticker at one point, but left the "01" and the lil' pic of the General on the head. It's held together by duct tape. I drew a bass guitar on the other side. Some of the tuning keys are missing or broken. The strings are gone. It was stolen once.

And you thought Pete Townsend was tough on his instruments. ROFLMAO.

Anyway, in recent years I've added the following: 1/18 scale General Lee, DOH poster, calender, various autographed photos of the cast, trading card collection set (almost complete), 45 record of the Dukes theme song, cast album on CD, HCSD shirt (Khee!), tons of pictures, clippings, vintage People Magazine with Cathy Bach on the cover, a few vintage issues of Tiger Beat, 16 and TV Tattletales mags with tons of John, Tom and Cathy pics, the DOH paperback "Gone Racin'", and of course the video and DVD stuff.

Yeeehaa! =)

Whats in my collection?

Ive got the tiny matchbox cars of the General Lee, Cooter's tow truck and a patrol car. Ive got a Bo action figure, a few of the DOH watches including the one that plays Dixie as the alarm LOL, some coloring books and that newer doll that got released a few years back from Toys R Us.

But I think the highlight of my DOH memorabilia is a Confederate flag autographed to me by John Schneider. Thats the coolest thing I own thats DOH! :)

Jax

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at my Duke collection (I don't have anything from when the show was originally on TV) I would have a difficult time picking out what is my favorite. I guess it would be my collection of DOH tapes from Columbia House / first season DVD because that is what keeps the show alive for me, to be able to watch it when I want to. I also have a couple of 1:25 ERTL General Lees with a couple of matchbox General Lees (and one of Rosco's patrol car and Hogg's Caddy) that I like...as well as my DOH calenders. I have one for this year and one for next year. The one for next year I got from Duke fest this year and has several autographs from actors on the show and a few stunt drivers.

I have a few other DOH items that I like, but if I were to pick out the ones that were to come to mind, it would be those listed above.

Garrett Duke

I know what ya mean about having toys as a a kid. I had some of the Dukes stuff and a lot of Star Wars stuff, but I played with it all the time.

I have 2 of the ERTL 1/18th General Lee's . I tried to pust one out on top of the entertainment center, but was overuled by the wife. I had the General Lee and the Smokey and The Bandit Trans Am out, but are both in the closet now :( . Someday I will get to put them out. I have a 2nd General Lee for my son's room . I have a couple of high shelves that have tractor trailers from my company and a shelf for the General Lee. Hopefully he will never take them down......I am praying on that......

Darrell

• 1 month later...

So far, I've got the season one DVD in my collection.

My brother watched the Dukes every Friday night when he was little (I was too young to remember myself and never saw an episode until 1996). He collected a few Duke things back then. He used to have the General Lee comforter on his bed until it was worn out. He had the General Lee with the Bo and Luke figures. He has the General Lee and Boss Hogg car figurines, he also has the soundtrack album on LP, and he also has a viewmaster of the Dukes (it's all at my house where I have them on display).

It all started with a set of 3 little match box cars my parents got me, (My dad is a big fan too, he got me started) it came with the general, patrol car, and bosses car. Then i got a T-Shirt, and then the first reunion came out, so i got a 1:24 scale model of the general, there was a car show in my area one year and bo was goin to be there with the general, so my dad and i went, i talked to Bo,shook his hand, stood next to the general, got my picture with him and had all my things signed by him, the shirt, 1:24 scale car and my picture. Couple of years ago rosco and enos came, so we went again and they signed all of my stuff, and finally last year cooter came and he signed my stuff too, now i am looking for luke and daisy to come so i can get theres. :D

• 5 weeks later...

Im 15 and in 9th grade, but i started watchin the dukes in '96 on TNN and my aunt has been getting me things from the dukes, shes some how connected to someone. I've got the usuallys the general lee toys etc, but i have a Luke Duke worne jean jacket that he wore in season one, he wore more than one, a signed John Schneider cowboy boot, and a Sorrel Brooke ( boss hogg, sorry about spelling) autographed pic.

• 2 weeks later...

I ain't got much....

7 dinky cars. The General, Boss Hogg, and two Patrol cars from the early 80's, and the rest from the 90's.

A 1:18 scale General lee

A 1:25 scale General Lee

A 1:25 scale, put together model of General Lee

A Dukes of Hazzard bed spread. (which is pretty sweet)

A Dukes of Hazzard t-shirt

The original Waylon Jennings cassette with the Dukes of Hazzard theme on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a lot of collectibles, the mego figures, the models, board games, watches, etc, etc. But I'd have to thank Jimmie Best for my most treasured memorabilia. He invited me to the set of the two reunion movies and all the photos and autographs I got from the cast and crew there are among my most treasured memorabilia that can't be replaced. Those times were a lot of fun.

Meadowmufn

--------------------------

HazzardNet Proprietor

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have much.

I got the 3 Ertl cars loose (General, Caddy, Patrol Car) although the General hasn't faired very well over the years. I stripped him with the hopes of repaintin' him, but that hasn't happened yet.

I also bought a couple years ago another set of the 3-Pack.

Die-Cast General model with incorrect features.

Miniature Die-Cast General model with incorrect features.

Dukes of Hazzard: Racing for Home.

Dukes of Hazzard II: Daisy Dukes It Out.

And I know it don't really count, but I got a Hotwheels Charger just 'cause it screamed General at me. Just finally got it to shut up.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm proud of my collection. First, I have the first two sasons on DVD as well as the series I taped from TNN and what was released on Columbia House. I also have two die cast General Lees and some autographed photos from the cast members. I used to have the coloring books when I was a kid.

But my main Dukes of Hazzard collection, which I am most proud of is the action figure collection from Mego.

General Lee with Bo and Luke (I have two sets of the figures with head varaitions. One set I had the heads switched so they can be Coy and Vance)

Dixie Jeep with Daisy Duke

Hazzard County Patrol Cars: I have 2 of them thanks to ebay and I have Rosco and 2 Cletus figures. I painted the hair black on one so he can double as Enos.

The ultra rare Boss Hogg's Caddy with Boss Hogg. I was rather bummed out that the doors didn't open.

I also have figures of Uncle Jesse and Cooter.

In the 8 in. figure dept. have Bo and Luke, with both shirt variations, long sleeve and short sleeve, Daisy, and Boss Hogg. I also have the unofficial Coy and Vance figures. I also have custom made T shirts for Bo, one blue and one brown from the pilot. And I use Huggy Bear's denim jacket on Luke and CHiPs shirt for Bo whenever I want the figures to have the look of the first season.

I was always annoyed that Mego never made 8 in. figures of the other cast members, so a friend of mine who makes custom Megos and I worked together and I now have 8 in. custom figures of Uncle Jesse, Rosco, Cooter, Enos, and Cletus.

I only wish I could find a custom made General Lee for the 8 in. figures, which for reasons unknonw, Mego never made.

But that's my collection in a nutshell.

Cheers.

Will Rodgers

The Voice Man

Here's my list of Dukes stuff. :lol:

4 coloring books, 3 little general lee, 1 big gerenal lees, plastic model of general, plastic model of Dixie, plastic model of Duke's Digger (Which are not open) autographs from John, Ben, James, and Sonny, pictures of those 4, a dukes watch, season 1 & 2 on dvd and my all time favorite that happens to be actual film of the Dukes of Hazzards that came from WB studio. :lol: