Idea for Prequel

They should make a family friendly Dukes prequel about Bo and luke getting into run shine in their teenage years. have Tom Wopat be Uncle Jesse and have a real cast unlike 2005's movie.

What was wrong with the cast of the 2005 movie?

I guess people are still going to bash a good movie. Can't wait for this Direct-To-DVD movie to come out adn then let the that movie be trashed more...

I'm gone

Darrell

They should make a family friendly Dukes prequel about Bo and luke getting into run shine in their teenage years. have Tom Wopat be Uncle Jesse and have a real cast unlike 2005's movie.

What was wrong with the cast of the 2005 movie?

I guess people are still going to bash a good movie. Can't wait for this Direct-To-DVD movie to come out adn then let the that movie be trashed more...

I'm gone

Darrell

When I first got word that another 'Dukes' film was going to be made, my understanding was that a lesson had been learned with the '05 box-office bomb and Warner Bros. planned on redeeming themselves by making a film that closer resembled 'The Dukes of Hazzard' television series. When I heard that they wanted the new movie to made as if the '05 film never existed and were going to go with an all-new cast, I thought, "Maybe, just maybe we'll get a decent 'Dukes' movie movie." Then, a few days later when I saw Bill Gerber listed as a producer for the film, all of my hopes for a good 'Dukes' movie dwindled as I remembered that Gerber was also a producer for the '05 'Dukes' fiasco. :(

Really, I don't think this "prequel" that's currently in production will be "trashed more" than the '05 big-screen film was when it is released. With the film going straight-to-dvd, there won't be as much hype and media attention associated with it like the '05 big-screen version had. Plus, the "prequel" has virtually unknowns in it with the exception of Willie Nelson. Still, it will be interesting to see how the viewing audience feels about the "prequel". :)

So far, everything I've read in print and have seen on television entertainment shows doesn't lead me to believe that this "prequel" is going to be any better than the '05 film was. One thing, however, that does seem to be somewhat better is the casting approach for the "prequel". April Scott, from what I seen and read, is a far better choice as a "young" Daisy Duke than Jessica Simpson was. She's actually acknowledged the fact that Daisy Duke was a brunette in the series and she's glad to bringing that back to the character. Also, something else that is going to work for Scott is the fact that unlike Simpson, she is a virtual "unknown" in the entertainment world and therefore, the viewing audience won't already have made judgement on her prior to seeing her on-screen. I really feel that they should have cast unknowns in the '05 film. Think about it. In the '05 film, you had a cute blonde pop-star who "played" dumb on her own reality show as Daisy Duke, a guy that gained his celebrity status by doing really stupid stunts and gags on a show called 'Jackass' as Luke Duke, and a guy who built his career portraying a goofy-jerk, who happened to be a sidekick of a guy who tried getting his kicks with a an apple pie in the 'American Pie' films as Bo Duke. Even if the script had have been good for the '05 'Dukes' film, I don't think that it would have mattered. I feel that people would have judgement on the '05 'Dukes' film prior to even seeing the film simply based on the cast chosen. :-?

As for the let-downs that I've seen and read about so far with the "prequel", there's a few. First, if they're not wanting this new film to have any ties to the '05 film, well, why in the world did they cast Willie Nelson as Jesse Duke again? That's a direct tie-in. Then, there's the character descriptions that I read. If those descriptions hold to be true, they've once again really "slapped" the original series in the face onc e again. With this "prequel", I was really hoping that we would see a short, fat, and bald Boss Hogg and an equally chubby Lulu Hogg. I just can't understand why they can't get it right? It's not rocket-science. Also, I really feel like they're once again messing things up with the General Lee. If this film is a "prequel" and they're wanting to give the origin of the General Lee, they should have the Dukes driving around an old, less than pristine, black or primered gray Charger that is restored/partially restored at some time in the film to the icon we all know as the General Lee. In the 'Extra' television piece from the set, the General Lee looked to be nothing more than an orange Charger wearing 01s on each door. There was no Confederate flag present at all. Hopefully, the flag will appear at some point in the film and all of that "political correctness" crap won't factor in to the film. :roll:

Anyways, all of y'all have a nice weekend! :wink:

~GADuke01