NEWS ABOUT THE POSSIBLE SEQUEL....

Hi Gang!

This was on the E online news wire, I thought Id pass it along...

FROM LAGUNA TO HAZZARD COUNTY: Kristin Cavallari being eyed to take over Jessica Simpson's role as Daisy Duke in an upcoming prequel to The Dukes of Hazzard, the film's producer tells People. Based on their shared MTV reality star status, we'd say their acting skills are equally execrable.

Seems like another movie got a green light to me...

Jax

Hey Gang!

Posted on the IMDB.com news wire...

Warner Bros. Cranks Out 10-15 Direct-to-Video Movies

Warner Bros. is planning to release 10-15 low-budget movies a year directly to DVD, most of them sequels or prequels to theatrical movies, the Los Angeles Times reported today (Tuesday). The studio's first release will be a sequel to 2005's The Dukes of Hazzard, which will be produced for about $5 million or less and will not include the original cast members of the movie. The studio is expected to focus on producing sequels to films that performed relatively well at the box office but not well enough to warrant a theatrical sequel.

Interesting huh? Straight to video....

What do you guys think?

Jax

I think WB's new program was inpired by uneversals Direct to DVD program.

This is my take on this production. At one point WB realized that goofed up and started throwing around ideas for a good Dukes movie that is along lines of what many feel the 05 movie should have been.

But there is a flaw in the slaw. Broken Lizard is under contract so its Broken lizard makes the movie or no movie at all. So all the plans for a good movie got thrown out the window and this is a last effort to make a quick buck while they still can

I'm really going to appreciate the big-screen movie for what it was, after reading about the "prequel" to DVD that's in the works. Blaugh.

I guess this falls under the category of "be careful what you wish for." I think all of us were interested in a 2nd Dukes movie, but for cryin' in the beer, we didn't expect them to hit bottom and then start digging for a lower level. At the small prequel budget, I figure any stunt scenes will be leftovers that were cut from the big screen flick. The cast will be assorted members of Broken Lizard with plenty of T&A sidekicks. The good news is, with it being direct to DVD, I can watch it at home while totally drunk, instead of the meager three-beer bracing I had for last year's theatre release.

Yeeehawww. *uurrrp *

Brian

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok folks got this from someone who is in correspondence with one fo the guys who is playing one of the deputies in the new prequel. This is a direct quote from him. " Worked Dukes of Hazzard 2...

Holy crap that movie is going to SUCK! It's a prequel to the first movie (not the tv show) BUT it's set in modern times...

The director is a gay hippie who was on something (not pot) the whole time... it was horrible.

I am Deputy "Call"... All I do is stare at Daisy, say "whoa" and walk away...

Anyways, at least I got to play a Hazzard County Sheriff and got some pics in costume next to the General Lee:" Now this is coming from someone in the movie so if he says it's crap imagine how bad it really is. I tried to warn you people it looks like all I was told about this movie is going to happen.Broken Lizard delivering another loser Dukes film.

It was my understanding that WB had either a 3 year contract or a 3 movie contract with Broken Lizard for any future Dukes projects.(I could be mistaken).Regardless of who the production company is, this guy who is in the movie says it's going to blow chunks and I have no doubt it will.

What were you expecting an Epic Masterpiece like Citizen Kane...Gone with the Wind? Common is a direct to DVD movie with a small budget. Have any direct to DVD movies done well, save Disney? Still, I am curious and I shall see it. Hell, its only a few bucks to rent. I can spare that.