Taking Back the Town

Garrett Duke

The tiger snarled viciously an arched his back in defence, his claws clamped down on the cement an his tail twitched.

"Back off!" He snarled swipping one paw in the air not ment to make contact but in warning.

"Drops your weapons an I will allow you to enter an join your kin!" He growled showing his huge canine teeth. "Its your only choice, if you run I will catch you....."

Razor snarled and gave a big roar trying to make an intimadating approache for now. His teeth bared an his chest rumbled with a vicious growl.

(Cue Brian)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That's how it is, eh....." Brian said softly. He knew now that his cousins were in obvious trouble. And if he fought the watch-tiger, there was no gaurantee he'd make it too much further, even if he won. It would haven taken more than an oversized siamese to render the law silent....and the big cat was probably just one chess piece on the board.

Running from the tiger wasn't a good option, Brian realized. Especially as he had been cooking with hamburger just an hour before.

"Awright." Brian held up one palm, and slowly reached into his jacket pocket with the other. He removed his gun, and tossed it down on the step. He took out his knife and did the same. Then he removed a black pen, a small notebook, a rubber band, a pack of cigarettes, a lighter, a pack of gum, and sixty-three cents in loose change.

"Satisfied?" Brian held up both arms halfway.

(Enter the Tiger )

The tigers eyes stayed intent but he stopped gowling and stepped down the steps cautiously. He gave the gun a quick bat with one paw sending it spinning off the concrete to a uncharted place, the knife recieved the same treated with more care, but none the less was disposed off.

Now standing closer to the black clad Coltrane Razor stepped aside as he had promised.

"Pick up the rest of your things....an go in the right side of the double doors." He replied.

"No games Brian.....it was a wise choice to enter piecefully. MaryAnne, Rosco.....boss....there all in there. Go on..." The tiger walked around behind Brian to encourage him towards the doors. "Get movin."

(Cue Brian)

"Yeah, yeah. Go chase a mouse." Brian picked up the few personal effects he'd been allowed to keep, deposited them back into his jacket pocket, and marched up the steps. He walked inside the courthouse and strode to the double doors of the booking room. As instructed, he entered through the right side of the doors.

He stepped into the booking room, cautiously.....

(cue anybody!)

**this is a joint post with Chet**

"Put 'em down," Garrett abruptly yells in excitement to break through the intense silence that had began to build between Ethan and him upstairs, "because I won!"

Ethan's face fills with disappointment as Garrett lies down his hand to show a perfect run and Ethan slowly shows his cards. "You cheat," Ethan says poutily, "I mean three damn games and you win each time! Now I know why I don't play cards!"

"You just jealous!" Garrett laughs as he slowly begins to collect the cards as footsteps begin to echo off of the linoleum flooring out in the hall way. "I'll go see who it is," Garrett grows serious as he stands from the old chair and begins to walk towards the door.

Chet and Vicki entered the station hand in hand, a big grin still written on the black haired young Duke boys face. There voices carried down the hall way an the steady thud of Chet's boots knocked on the floor.

"I cant believe I have known you all this time and never told you how I felt." Chet said looking into the red heads beautiful eyes.

Then he glanced up just as Garrett came into view an the two Dukes eyes met.

"Oh good, it's only Che- " Garrett's relieved voice slowly cuts off as he sees the attractive red haired deputy from Chickasaw County standing affectionately close to Chet, their hands intertwined with one another. "What is this?" anger rises within him as he motions towards Vicki, "I thought we were a team? What are you doing with her?!"

Chet's dark eyebrows sank as his cousins facial appearance changed from lazifair to a 'what the hell are you thinking' _expression. His mismatched eyes challenged his cousin to speak again before he could get an explanation out. Quickly he stepped up slightly in front of Vicki as if to protect her with his own body.

"We are a team Garrett....Vicki is my own personal business." He glared at Garrett. "She ain’t here to get us into trouble...shes our friend!

"A team?" Garrett steps an inch from Chet's nose to glare coldly at his cousin, feeling the warmth of anger flood through him, "If we was a team you would ask for our opinion of having a new member on our side! But I guess that's not your style," Garrett awaits for a response, "you'd rather sneak her in here and hope that I wouldn't say nothin'...is that it? Sneak her in here and I don't have a choice but to accept? Hell we planned and planed and planned this through and no where in those plans was there a woman involved, not alone a deputy from Chickasaw County. Do you know what the hell you are messing with over there? Rosco ain't nothin' compared to Sheriff Little! Sheriff Little will actually shoot and make his target...which will be us!"

Vicki gripped Chets arm as his cousin got close an then within inches of his face. Chet stared back coldly, Garrett was right, this wasn’t part of the plan. But then again he hadn't expected Vicki to come into Hazzard today of all days, but his stubborn pride wasn't going to allow him to back down from his older cousin.

"How the hell was I supposed to know that she was going to show up all of a sudden! I didnt plan this Garrett! She just happened here on this particular day." Chet snapped back in defense.

Garrett angrily mimics his cousin before he roughly shoves him away from him before sending Vicki a hardened stare. "Then perhaps y'all can leave and me and Ethan here will finish out the rest of the plan...the way it was suppose to go," Garrett eyes Ethan for a second as he shakes his head in disagreement at the idea, "Hell Chet, you growing soft here? Never have I figured you to be the type to cave into a woman and allow a woman to get in the way of your plans! We all agreed...to stick to the plan no matter what. You allow exceptions to the rules and pretty soon there will be no rule, no plan at all. No plan and this whole thing will blow up in our faces! I'll be damned if I have to get arrested and go back to jail just because of a woman!"

That was the last straw, Chet shook Vicki's grip off his arm and he swung his fist landing a healthy punch to his older cousins nose. Then he took a step back his chest heaving with anger, his eyes on fire and his nostrils flared.

"I have not gone soft you sonofab****....an you know it!" He spat the words.

"No! Chet....please stop." Vicki pleaded grabbing Chet's lower arm and pulling him back towards her.

Pain flares through Garrett nose and upper lip as blood begins to pour from both nostrils, quickly clogging within his thin hairs of his goatee. Surprise filtered with anger rushes through Garrett as he only half way hears Chet cussing him out. "Coulda fooled me, jackass!" Garrett cuss back as he slams an heavy hard hook directly onto Chet's face, forcing him to lose balance. Spotting Chet's moment of weakness, Garrett quickly follows up with another hard punch to the other side of his face to throw him onto the ground. "Gottya now sucker," Garrett spits out as he pins Chet upon the floor, "think you're manly to attack me? Do you? Hell if you know what I've been through!" With that he sends another hard punch directed at Chet, landing upon his chest.

The younger Duke grunts as his cousins heavy fist land son his chest forcing the oxygen out of his lungs. Blood smears down the side of his face from his mouth, the anger burns and wails inside of him, his eyes flicker with a twitch of hatred.

Panty he wordlessly replies to his cousins cocky words an cussing with a swift kick to the older mans groin an then a fast right fist to his ribs.

"You may have been a scummy city rat..." Chet's chest heaves for air an in anger. "But I have faced things that you have only seen in movies."

Fighting for air Garrett glares into his younger cousin's eyes before spitting out, "So you say. Interesting enough you say such thing, since you of all people don't know what I went through." Anger corses through Garrett's muscular body as he grabs a hold of Chet's shirt and thrashes him roughly into the wall.

It was a quick move, Chet saw the wall coming but he could not avoid it, the side of his face collided with the concrete immediately stunning him. He collapsed to the floor gasping for air and cussing ever word in the dictionary.

"You....stupid...sonofab****...mother@#$%." he spat blood from his mouth and made an attempt to roll onto his knees. "Your no different then them..." Chet pointed towards the stairs an the people in the jail cell below. " You think....your so much better then me....because you have been places....done things that I haven’t...."

Vicki could do nothing but stand back out of the way with her hands covering her face in fear as the two men 'duked' it out.

"Garrett!" Ethan yells in surprise as he exits from the sheriff's restroom to see the two men fighting. Surprise and shock rushes over him as he is fought on what he should do or if he should intervene. "Get control over yourself, fighting with our member surely isn't going to make things better!"

Garrett glares at his beaten cousin and becomes aware of the damage he had create but the anger continues to grab a hold of him as he glances over at Ethan.

As quickly as his spinning head would allow Chet crawled away from his cousin an with aid of the wall pressed himself to his feet. He spat blood from his mouth onto the clean floor and hugged his arm around his aching chest.

Thank god Ethan had at least drawn his attention for now, long enough for him to get to his feet. Vicki returned to his side, her eyes fears stricken a deep with concern, he nodded to her that he was alright.

"I know she wasn’t in the plans Garrett.....but what else was I supposed to do...."Chet coughed an sputtered for a moment. "She got in the way by accident...."

"Hell like I care any more," Garrett sighs in defeat, "at the moment I don't care...period." Garrett reads the relief in the younger Duke's eyes at the sight of Ethan, "Yes thank-you Ethan for your do the right attitude." Turning back to Chet he says, "You shoulda attacked me while you had the chance." Garrett takes a deep breath before walking back into the office, fighting to decide what to do now.

Before Chet could say anything more Garrett disappeared into the sheriffs office, the young Duke boy hung his head shaking it as he picked his hat up off the floor and shook it off.

"Im sorry Ethan....Om' sorry you had to get in the middle of that. "Chet sighed deeply." Hes right....I should have asked ya'll what you thought about Vicki helping us."

Ethan takes a deep breath before glancing into the open sheriff's department to watch Garrett's back as the Duke sits upon Rosco's swivel chair lighting a cigarette. "I shoulda jumped in sooner," Ethan finally turns to Chet and Vicki, "no apologies needed to me at least...Garrett may owe you one, but I doubt you'd get it from him. Though the way he looks now, you just might," Ethan takes a deep breath as a spooky thought enters his mind to send a chill rushing down his back, "Welcome aboard, Vicki." Ethan offers her a smile before checking in on Garrett.

Down in the cells in the basement, everyone paused hearing the argueing voices that carried from the booking room.

"Sounds like they're fightin'," Boss observed.

"Yeah..." Rosco said.

The words were hard to make out, but there was no mistaking the "How the hell was I supposed to know that she was going to show up all of a sudden!"

Then there was some more exchange of words, and a female voice interjected, trying to smooth things over.

"Who is that?" Rosco asked.

MaryAnne shook her head. "I ain't sure....it sounds like Vicki."

"Vicki?!" Cletus said. "I thought she was in Chickasaw?" He paused. "Oh now wait a minute, you don't think she's involved in all this too?"

"Either that or she showed up at the wrong time," MaryAnne replied.

Eventually, the voices settled down. Either they had all killed each other up there, or had come to some kind of resolution.

"They stopped," Rosco said.

"Good," Boss said. "If there's one sound I can't stand it's a bunch of sqawking Dukes."

"Oh yeah? Well yer gonna git an earload of squawking Coltrane," MaryAnne said. She then turned to bars and the stairwell. "HEY! HEY UP THERE!!! WHAT'S GOING ON??! CHET!!! GARRETT!!! ETHAN!!! SOMEBODY BETTER GIT THEIR POSTERIOR DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW OR ELSE!!!"

"Or else what?" Enos asked.

"Or else I'm gonna go hoarse..." MaryAnne replied.

(Cue anybody!)

Somehow, Brian's entry to the booking room had gone unnoticed by the arguing conspirators. Perhaps they assumed he was part of the gang...or perhaps they were too involved with thier own concerns to care what he was up to. Brian was about to interrupt them and ask where MaryAnne and Rosco were...but then found his question answered by the yelling from the downstairs cells.

"That answers that." Brian walked downstairs to the main cells, and found them packed with all of the Hazzard County officials...including his own cousins. He strolled up to the bars, unable to keep the amusement off his face.

"Well, shut mah mouth!" He drawled obnoxiously. "I dreamed about seein' this someday...and damn, heah it is! I wish I had a camera! Just wait until you try the chipped beef for yer prison dinner, cousins. It's somethin' special."

Grinning, Brian stayed out of reach on the other side of the bars, unable to resist teasing the incarcerated just a little bit.

(Cue anybody!)

"Brian, how did you get down here---" Rosco started to say.

"Never mind that!" MaryAnne said. She glared at Brian. "For your information we were all forced down here by Chet, Garrett, Ethan and Riddick! Now wipe that grin off yer face and get the keys there and let us out of here or so help me I'm gonna...."

(cue anyone!)

"Awright, awright! I was just savorin' the event, that's all. Keep yer badge on."

Brian strolled over to the peg on the wall, and took the ring of keys off of it. "I should make me copies of these. Could come in handy someday." He walked back to the cells, and debated which key was for what door. "Hmm. Guess I got a fifty-fifty shot of gettin' it right the first time. This jailer-type stuff can't be all that difficult...."

Choosing a key, Brian stuck it into the cell lock that held MaryAnne, Rosco, and a few other folk.....

(Cue anybody! )

Suddenly the big cat bounded down the stairs and dashed into the room, with one mighty leap he pounced on the black clad Coltrane making an attempt to unlock the cell with the keys. He bored him to the ground with his sheer brute weight, bracing each of his front paws on Brian’s shoulders.

He growled and snarled barring his teeth in the mans face his claws set on the surface of Brian’s leather jacket on the brink of penetrating it.

“Big mistake!†Riddick snarled just barely holding his claws back. “That was a foolish move Brian.... if you have as many brains as you think....start using them.....or they will become part of my next meal.â€

The tiger moved one big paw up to the edge of Brian’s black shirt under his jacket, he placed his paw against Brian’s throat just over his jugular. His claws eased out an set on the surface of Brian’s skin then halted there, he didn’t want to hurt the Coltrane, but he would not allow him or the others to escape.

“Take my advice and corporate.†The big tiger said in a low voice, he turned his head to the left briefly to glance at the people in the cell watching. “I don’t want to hurt you....but you will not spoil this for the others and me.â€

(Cue Brian or anyone.)

"Point...taken." Being flat on his back and pinned down, with sharp claws menacing his throat, Brian didn't push his luck. The idea of becoming a big dish of Coltrane-flavored Cat Chow wasn't appealing in the least. He looked back at the angry cat with an involuntary swallow.

"Awright, Morris. You got nine lives...I don't." Brian sighed, then flicked his eyes in the direction of the jail cell. "If you want me in there, tho'...you gotta let me up."

(Cue the Cat )

"Good..." Riddick said near a whisper.

He backed up taking his paws off Brian and releasing him from being pinned down, but the tigers ears stayed laid back in warning.

"Go on open the door." He nodded towards the cell door and the key still jammed into the lock, and he watched the black clad Coltrane.

Again he glanced at the law officers within the jail, none of them had said anything during the whole ordeal.

(Cue Brian, MaryAnne or anyone. Nice job Brian, an thanks.)

Brian slowly got up and did as he was told. He turned the key in the cell lock and clicked it open. He left the key in the door and stepped inside the cell, as the other occupants moved back to make room.

After pulling the cell door shut behind him, Brian reached through the bars, removed the key from the lock, and tossed it away. It landed on the floor near the watchful tiger.

Brian muttered a condolence to MaryAnne and Rosco. "The chipped beef ain't that bad, once ya get used to it...."

(Cue anyone!)

A camera lens slid close. “This is gonna make some interestin’ pictures for their family scrapbook.†A brunette mused from behind Boss’s office door that was partly ajar. In their fighting, both Chet and Garrett had not observed her watching them. She didn’t know the young man who had spoke to the red haired woman. The temptation to slap Chet with his hat brought a smile to her lips. She tiptoed to the desk where a backpack sat open. Chatter from below, Rosco’s office and the main booking area covered the noise made in gathering items. She moved slowly to the other side of the room.

Maybe this was one adventure she could duck out of before someone exclaimed “Flapjacks on a ferris wheelâ€

She wrinkled her nose, not wanting to speculate anymore on Chet’s latest choices. The detective focused on successfully climbing out the window then thinking about Chet’s behavior. Casually, she went over to the small opening that allowed sunlight into the jail cells. She crouched down in the wet grass. Hazel eyes widened in surprise.

(cue anyone!)

The big tiger picked the keys up off the floor and carried them in his large mouth, allowing the old iron keys to just hang from his bottom jaw hooked on his large canine teeth.

“Thanks....â€

Sleekly he walked away, going up the stairs and back to the main room of the station, he placed the keys on the desk in the middle of the room without a word. For now everyone would just stay in that cell, safe, out of the way and completely under the power of the four of them....well five including there new recruit.

Riddick looked around, pausing to turn his big head and listen, all was silent for now and everyone seemed to be at peace. Feeling that he was not needed for the time being he went back out side in the cool night air, darkness had swallowed up the earth and only the street lamps lit up the quite town. Silently he laid down on the cement steps once again, lazily resting his head on his paws.

For the longest time he just lay there, listening and watching just like he had planned to and like he was supposed to. His white night seeing eyes gazed around, but nothing seemed to stir, the earth around him didn’t even appear to be alive.

Suddenly a sound gurgled from the night an he jerked his head up from its resting position on his paws. Growls and snarls echoed through out the silence as a pack of dogs came into view, there teeth bared and there noses wrinkled.

The big cats first natural instinct was to run as the dogs grew nearer and nearer at a run. In moments they would be right on top of him and he would have nowhere to run to. Agilely he leapt from the cement steps glancing over his shoulder as he cleared the bushes making a mad dash for the tree in the front yard of the station. He wasn’t sure he could climb it but it was his only chance, the pack was large and strong enough to make a mess of him.

As strong and as fast as he was, he was one and they were many, Razor came to the big Oak tree and proceeded to attempt to climb up high enough to be out of there reach. But his weight proved to be too much and his claws would not dig in deep enough to support him. Futilely he returned to the ground turning around to face the pack of 6 half starved, blood thirsty dogs.

They wasted no time in attacking all at once and storming there prey, quickly Razor backed away until he was against the building. Clawing, biting an snarling he mauled them brutally, while clawing one he would bite another, quickly he sent two yelping away leaving four strong attacking him, he backed up to the buildings rough cement wall.

Suddenly a bullet zipped by just barely missing the battling tiger and shattering the glass to the window. Just as Razor was about to bite into the neck of one of the dogs and swipe at another, a bullet reported from the darkness and blood exploded from high in the tigers front left leg.

The wounded leg refused to support the tigers massive weight and crumbled under him and the pack of dogs bore him the rest of the way to the ground. For a few short minutes he continued to battle despite the over whelming odds and the wounds that he had taken from the dogs bites.

While Razor’s attention was reverted to the pack of dogs six mean looking men emerged from the street carrying clubs and bats. They approached the battle going on and beat there own dogs off of the wounded cat, two men dragged the remaining four dogs away and packed them into an awaiting car.

The other four men surrounded the tiger laying on the ground beside the building, one held a .38 caliber hand gun, and the rest simply carried a club or a bat. They watched the big animal, there hungry eyes feasting on the blood leaking from the panting cats torn hide and bullet wound.

“Is it still alive?†One of the returning men questioned in a curled voice.

“Oh yes.....very much alive.†Another replied his eyes intent on Razor.

Riddick lay with his back leaning against the building, the blood soaked paw of his wounded leg tucked under him and his head raised high his bloody teeth bared. His muzzle coated in a thin layer of blood, his sides heaved in exhaustion and his face, shoulders and back bled from many open wounds made by the dogs tearing bites.

Altogether he counted 8 men, four surrounding him, two with the dogs and two in the car. Somewhere, some how he had no doubt that there were more men, these coyotes were like men he had once known in NYC, they all traveled in huge groups of somewhere between 10-15. These odds dawned on him like a thunder storms clouds in approaching with a raging wind.

(Cue anyone who dare. Preferably someone in the jail cell or someone new.)

“Lets cut it up and take its hide, its got to be worth a high....â€

“No! No.....were not going to kill it. Its our calling card, we’ll leave it right where it was on the front steps.â€

Riddick growled and snarled swiping the air with his good paw in warning for them to stay back. He raised his back up his rear feet trembling for a moment an then holding steady, his front right leg aided him in rising to his feet, but his left leg proved useless in its state.

One of the men raised a club an came at him the very moment he managed to get to his feet, Riddick tried to back away only to crumble back to the ground against the wall his wounded leg buckled under him.

“I did a number on his foreleg there, the beast will probably bleed to death.†One of the men said spinning his .38 on his hand cocky like.

“Lets just leave it there, its friends will come looking for it soon enough.â€

The big tiger snarled and hissed, his mouth open as he panted tiredly.

“Fine....lets get out of here.†The gang member paused an grew closer to the wounded animal. “You tell your friends were coming....†He said evilly an swiftly kicked the panting blue tiger in the ribs.

Just as swiftly Razor struck out with his good paw and twisted his head around, he hooked his claws into the mans leg an sprang his rear feet forward quickly bitting into the mans lower thigh. The gang member went down, bored to the ground by the sudden weak pounce by the tiger and he struggled his hands gripping at the animals face as it tore at his legs.

“Get off me!.....Let go!â€

Enraged Riddick bit an clawed pinning his prey to the ground with his massive weight and quickly proceeding his attack up to the gang members chest. Luckily for the struggling, frantic gang member his comrades came to his aid, there clubs and bats flew pounding the tar out of the attacking tiger.

Over come by the blows and weakening from loss of blood Razor stumbled back, crumbled to the ground and lay panting. His sides heaved, his nostrils flared an his tongue hung between the canine teeth of his lower jaw. The once beautiful white fur that lined his muzzle now lay stained and soaked thickly in blood.

His attackers helped there wounded into an awaiting car and pealed out disappearing into the night, leaving the wounded tiger lying in the front yard of the station. Purely exhausted Razor laid in the grass for nearly a half hour before forcing himself to his feet, his legs felt stiff and he hurt so very badly. But despite it all he dragged himself up to the steps, pausing to rest more then once, and slowly but surely he made his way into the station.

With out a single word he passed through the booking room on his way to the stairs, weakly, one step at a time he walked down the steep stairs until he came to the bottom. Swaying with dizziness, his limbs trembling in pain and fatigue he made his way over to the jail cell and plopped down beside it in a heap. With a audible groan Razor laid back flat on his right side wincing at the pain that it caused, his back pressed against the cell bars an his blood flowed freely onto the cement floor.

(Cue anyone.)

**Chet & Razor are used with permission.**

As Razor was coming downstairs, Vicki sat in a corner near the stairs, staring at the entire Hazzard County Police force locked in a jail cell.

She had known them all for a long time. She hated to see them in there. Maybe she can talk Chet into letting them out.

Just thinking about it, Vicki headed towards the stairs.

Chet caught up with her as she put her hand on the chain-link door. "Vicki, where are you going?"

Despite the stares from her former friends, especially Rosco, Vicki smiled at Chet. "I need to get some fresh air. We have been down here for several hours now. Plus I need to go make a phone call."

Chet put a hand on Vicki's shoulder, steering her back away from the jail cell door. "We'll go up in a little while, sugar," Chet drawled in a husky voice, kissing her on the cheek.

"Oh...okay," said Vicki as she stared at Rosco, winking an eye at him, telling him that it will be all right.

"I wonder what is keeping Razor," said Chet as he looked at the clock on the wall. "It's been over an hour since we left him on the Courthouse steps."

"Maybe we need to go looking for him," said Vicki as she opened the chain-link door then added as Razor stumbled in, "Oh...my...lord!"

Chet's dark eyes grew angrier as he saw a beaten Razor. "What happened to you, Razor? What did they do to you?"

"A gang..." hissed Razor, panting for breath. "Ambushed me...right outside the Courthouse..."

"I'm going to clobber them with my bare hands!" said Chet angrily walking towards the clain link door.

"Chet! Don't you Dare! We don't need for you to get hurt too!" said Vicki as she tried to stop Chet from going upstairs as everyone looked on...

**CUE: Whoever is ready to add!** :wink:

Chet Dukes mismtached eyes suddenly turned there attention to the wise mouthed black clad Coltrane within the jail cell.

"Yeah....yeah call a taxidemist....finish him off just like you planned." The young black haired Duke boys eyes narrowed.

"It was you...." Chet pointed his finger at Brian strutting up to the jail cell. "You and your Syndicate bullies did this to Riddick!"

Suddenly Chet whirled around and shouted up the stairs, his voice tremulous with anger and pinched in hate.

"GARRETT!!!....ETHAN!!!! Get down here!" He turned back to the cell sharply his eyes firery. "We got our selves some trash to take out!"

(Cue anyone.)

"We're full down heah!" Brian said. "No vacancies! Not acceptin' applications! Capacity has been reached! Standin' room only! Reservations ree-quired!"

Brian knew the only way one more person would fit in, was if one was taken out...and who knew what that could mean. After Chet's earlier outburst...Brian wasn't interested in leaving the confines of the cell.

(cue anyone)

It was the worst possible thing Chet could’ve done, using violence. Daney was upset at being given no choice but tried not to let it show. She would not retalitate in the same manner that Chet had. Brian's candid remark brought an impish smile to Daney's face.

She wrenched out of Chet's grasp, strolled over to a small table. A game of checkers had been left unfinished. Quietly, she sat down in one of the metal chairs. She glanced sympathically to the two cells full of folks.

"Chet, aren't you at all concerned about your friend, Razor?"

(cue MaryAnne! Rosco! anybody!)

Brian was right. There was one less person down there in the jail cells.

Without anyone noticing it, Vicki had sneaked upstairs as the commotion was going on downstairs. She was going to make that phone call tonight, no matter what the consequences was.

"I hope that Chet doesn't figure out what I'm doing, or I might end up in the jail cell with everyone else!" thought Vicki as she picked up the phone and dialed a number.

After a few seconds, a answering machine came on at the Chickasaw County Police Station. The recorded message said in a tone that sounded a lot like Sheriff Little, "You have reached the Chickasaw County Police Department. We are all out of the office, if ya leave a name & number, we will call you back soon. Thank you and Have a Nice Day!"

After hearing her boss's recorded message Vicki blurted into the phone, "Sheriff, this is Vicki. I am still in Hazzard, me and the entire Hazzard County Police Department are held at gunpoint by a gang! Please get me some help here!" Vicki said in a shakey voice as she hung up the phone.

Still hearing the commotion downstairs, Vicki slowly walked downstairs and back into the Jail Room without anyone noticing that she disappeared...

**CUE: Anyone! :wink: **