A rare Dukes item... please help...

hi there this is all new to me but i have a dukes shelf that is my boyfriends that was his when he was a kid ,i believe it is a book shelf there are 3 shelves total and is about waist high ..alittle higher...i am lookin to sell it but i cant find one anywhere to compare it to for a price .it is really good shape it is missing just 2 screws.. i dont know how to add a pic but i have one

• 2 weeks later...

tfox80, that's a new one. While I'm not an expert on Dukes collectibles, I'm not a slouch. I've never heard of a Dukes bookshelf. Not that there couldn't be one - there's Dukes of Hazzard bedsheets, curtains, bedspreads, garbage cans....so who knows. It's not out of the question that there's maybe a bookshelf made to go with it.

As far as value, it's always in the eye of the bidder. The nature of the object can make a difference, too. For example there's lunchbox collectors who might buy a Dukes lunchbox so they have another item in the TV category of their collection. And of course a Dukes fan might by the Dukes lunchbox - without buying any other collectible lunchbox in their life.

Same thing with die-cast cars. General Lee die casts sell like crazy, snatched up by die cast collectors, and Dukes fans alike.

I don't know of too many folks that collect bookshelves, so that's kind of a tough one. But for somebody who had a room decked out with the Dukes bedding and curtain set, it could be an Artifact Deluxe.

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

Brian

• 2 months later...