DUI charge

Bo_Duke_girl

The media do go too far with celebrities and their personal business, but these forums are designed for people to have their say on matters. Some sights are not letting people have their say and in my opinion, that's denying freedom of speech. As long as it's not defaming or rumoured material, we should be allowed to discuss it. It is something that happened....

The media do go too far with celebrities and their personal business, but these forums are designed for people to have their say on matters. Some sights are not letting people have their say and in my opinion, that's denying freedom of speech. As long as it's not defaming or rumoured material, we should be allowed to discuss it. It is something that happened....

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm not saying that no one has the right to comment on it. It just seems like, judging from what they say about it, like some people are upset because it was one the "Duke boys" that was drinking and driving. We all need to remember that Tom is Tom, a real person; and Luke is a fictional character. Real people make mistakes and can't always be expected to live up to fictional characters that they might play on tv.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm not saying that no one has the right to comment on it. It just seems like, judging from what they say about it, like some people are upset because it was one the "Duke boys" that was drinking and driving. We all need to remember that Tom is Tom, a real person; and Luke is a fictional character. Real people make mistakes and can't always be expected to live up to fictional characters that they might play on tv.

You have to look at it like this, I guess: If it was Tom Welling (Smallville) who'd done it, then his fans would say "but Clark Kent wouldn't do that".

It's just one of those things :evil:

You have to look at it like this, I guess: If it was Tom Welling (Smallville) who'd done it, then his fans would say "but Clark Kent wouldn't do that".

It's just one of those things :evil:

Ah ha, but Clark would do it, if he was wearing red kriptonite. lol

Don't pay any attention to me. It's late, I have a case of insomnia tonight, I'm tired and in a silly mood.

• 1 month later...

Nonetheless, they are people just like us. They shouldn't have the pressure of being perfect all the time. They aren't infallible. I will love Tom just as much as I did before this happened. I admit that drunken driving is a serious offense, and I know that he could have killed someone. But being that he was arrested, he is paying for it now. I have forgiven him.

Nonetheless, they are people just like us. They shouldn't have the pressure of being perfect all the time. They aren't infallible. I will love Tom just as much as I did before this happened. I admit that drunken driving is a serious offense, and I know that he could have killed someone. But being that he was arrested, he is paying for it now. I have forgiven him.
I know that he could have killed someone

Or himself.

I never said they weren't human. The only problem is that it's made public almost immediately. They do make mistakes. And that is why tabloids were invented. Speaking of which, I'm suprised I didn't see it in any tabloids. Then again, I don't read them all so that could explain it. I just kinda figured it'd be on the front cover of everything or something. If I were a reporter it would take precedence over Paris Hilton's new line of handbags.

~She-Wolf

At least Tom and no one else was hurt or injured. There have been too many drunk-driving accidents killing innocent people where I live.

The SADD (students against drinking and driving) clubs in the high-schools in my area have been staging mock accidents to show students that it could happen to you; whether you were driving under the influence; whether your driver was under the influence; or whether the driver of the other vehicle was under the influence. Some of these kids felt that these mock accidents were playing with their emotions while others still think it can't happen to them. I think the SADD clubs are doing the right think, hats off to them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok I am just reading all this for the first time, my internet was down in March. For starters, I don't agree with drinking and driving. I work as a correctional officer, volunteer as an EMT and Fire Fighter so I've see what can happen from several sides of the coin. Now everyone can lie to each other here but don't lie to yourself have you ever had a beer and drove home a couople hours later? Well, I don't make a habit of it but I'm 40 and sometime between 16 and now I have done it -- not proud of it but did and I was closer to our wise 15 YO's age than Tom's 54.

So Ok it wasn't right, we all know that, but if he were a star and particually Luke Duke it wouldn't have been a big deal. After all how many athletic stars have been arrested for possession of drugs and worse which blew over really quick! I hate it for professional image as well as the message it puts out to people who want to judge others, but hey, lets put this into it's proper prospective:

After all this is Hazzazrd County. Any Law officer who seen who it was saw himself as Rosco for just a moment and he had a Duke boy dead to rights! Rosco would have loved to have pulled them over and arrested them after one beer too much! Now the article I saw didn't say what his BAC level was so it was possible he was just over the limit and the officer was looking for a name. The officer could have towed the car, and called for someone to pick him up --- that would have been the tactful way to have handled it.

I too am just glad we still have Tom and that no one was hurt!

Any word on the outcome of the charges??

DixieDaveport

• 4 weeks later...