rosco's cb handle

Under the character desription we have on the site (under the section called Original Series) I put that Rosco had a CB handle in one episode. I can't remember the episode off hand (I think it's the Christmas one) but there's a scene where Jesse is calling for "Bear and Chief" on the CB and he's calling for Rosco and Boss.

Of course, Boss had several other "handles" for Rosco include cowchip, lamebrain, peabrain, ect... :lol:

• 7 years later...
Wikipedia says Rosco's hand is Red Dog.

Strictly speaking, that wasn't a CB handle. It was Rosco's "military code" to be used on the field telephones he'd bought at the army surplus in 'Swamp Molly'. Enos was Blue Fox.

RedDog0106.jpg

Also in Rosco's code, Luke was Tweedledum and Bo was Tweedledee.

Tweedledee0106.jpg

Strictly speaking, that wasn't a CB handle. It was Rosco's "military code" to be used on the field telephones he'd bought at the army surplus in 'Swamp Molly'. Enos was Blue Fox.

Technically, it would be a "codename", which is often interchangeable with "call sign" or "handle", but I agree that it's military in origin and not a "CB" handle and was only used once.

As for "Bear and Chief" appearing in the Christmas episode, I think that was misheard and was really "bearded sheep", referring to Cooter and the boys running around in Santa outfits. If someone has the time and dvd, that could easily be checked out.

I put "military code" in quotes because the exchange between Rosco and Enos goes like this:

Rosco: Blue Fox, this is Red Dog. I'm on target.

Enos: Okay, sure. What now?

Rosco: Dang it, Enos, will you please use the military code?

Enos: Okay, Hound Dog.

Rosco: It's not Hound Dog, it's Red Dog, you dipstick.

Enos: Yes, sir.