What do you think of a dukes of hazzard comic book

wayne duke

I think a comic book would be an awesome idea. I also think that illistrating some of the magnificant stories here on Hazzardnet would also be an awesome idea. Speaking from an artists point of view, which i am the Dukes characters an characters owned by other authors are very challenging but not impossible to draw. Ive done a few rough "comic" style sketchs of some of the original DOH cast. Came out very interesting.

~Raz

• 1 year later...

Personally, I love the way marvel and DC comics are drawn. Really, if Warner Brothers wanted to cash out more on DOH, they should come up with a comic book of DOH.

The nice thing about comics are they are often timeless. What I mean by timeless is that they can be written forever and the characters don't have to age like actors do, you can do all kinds of plots and you can keep going as long as you have ideas, and they are probably cheaper to make than TV or movies. I'm not saying I think DOH should be replaced by comics but it's a way DOH can live on and we still can remember Bo and Luke as we always remembered them.

I wonder if Jimmy ever did any comic work with it? He is an artist. Just something I thought about off handedly...

Val

• 2 weeks later...

Manga-Anime Style Dukes of Hazzard Comic? OVER MY DEAD ROTTING CORPSE!

I agree with Val, traditional style comics would do DOH respect and dignity. Ya want Manga go watch the new Dukes movies, there about as messed up enough to match up to that.

However.... just because a comic is "traditional style" doesnt mean it has to be as "busy" looking as a marvel comic. Some of the greatest works of art are done by a solo artists own style. Ya gonna get more attention pulling a newbie off the street then ya are something thats been done over and over again and worn out.

Maybe someday when I get a scanner I'll do some comics, show ya what I mean. I did a few for alittle while, but there time consuming and have no way of paying for themself at this time.

~Dee

Only if they were to be done in Manga/anime style. I can't stand the artwork in Marvel type things.

~She-Wolf

I agree. 8-) Maybe in Ai Yazawa style (search in Internet who is Ai Yazawa and what's her style: Nana, Paradise kiss, Gokinjo monogatari). I like it very much

Manga dukes? No, just no. There are some things you just don't do that to. The Dukes have too traditional a feel for it to work, although I do agree that Marvel seems a little extreme, be it Ultimates or Jack Kirby/Stan Lee era, they'd need something with a softer feel than X-Men or Civil War (pardon the subtle irony). I think that if they did do a comic, they'd have to come up with their own unique style.

Manga dukes? No, just no. There are some things you just don't do that to. The Dukes have too traditional a feel for it to work, although I do agree that Marvel seems a little extreme, be it Ultimates or Jack Kirby/Stan Lee era, they'd need something with a softer feel than X-Men or Civil War (pardon the subtle irony). I think that if they did do a comic, they'd have to come up with their own unique style.

There are different manga styles from various mangaka (mangaka is who draws manga). For example, Yazawa's style is very cool. :)

Look at those images:

http://www.damagedsoul.net/nana/gallery/BW00.gif

http://www.damagedsoul.net/nana/anime/anime12.jpg

Am I convincing you? I think no, but I've tried. :oops:

I'm not a big fan of Anime, although I do know that there is a vast amount of it out there and there are numbers of catagories for it. I just can't really see it crossing over into a DoH comic, although I do think the idea of a DoH comic is a good one.

If someone were to ask me, I'd say I prefer a more traditional look for the characters. Although I'm probably a minority in saying this, those eyes in the Anime cartoons give me a quiver in my liver. I can't explain why, but they just score high on the 'Enos Fan's freak out counter'. I guess Anime is something people either love or hate. I'm afraid I just happen to fall into the latter of those two catagories.

Also, seeing as the Dukes are very 'American' in their stance and overall presentation, I am not sure it would work for a lot of fans to have them presented in an Anime style. That's just my opinion, but it just seems too weird a concept for me to wrap my brain around them being drawn in this way.

I hope I don't offend anyone with voicing that opinion, but that's my stance on it.

I'm not a big fan of Anime, although I do know that there is a vast amount of it out there and there are numbers of catagories for it. I just can't really see it crossing over into a DoH comic, although I do think the idea of a DoH comic is a good one.

If someone were to ask me, I'd say I prefer a more traditional look for the characters. Although I'm probably a minority in saying this, those eyes in the Anime cartoons give me a quiver in my liver. I can't explain why, but they just score high on the 'Enos Fan's freak out counter'. I guess Anime is something people either love or hate. I'm afraid I just happen to fall into the latter of those two catagories.

Also, seeing as the Dukes are very 'American' in their stance and overall presentation, I am not sure it would work for a lot of fans to have them presented in an Anime style. That's just my opinion, but it just seems too weird a concept for me to wrap my brain around them being drawn in this way.

I hope I don't offend anyone with voicing that opinion, but that's my stance on it.

You don't offend anyone, Enos fan. You're right: japan anime is something people either love or hate; I love it. Just a taste. ;)

I'd like to see Enos in anime style. I hope that you won't have nightmares tonight thinking about a japanese Enos engaging a japanese Daisy. :D :D

I kind of agree with Enos fan here. Anime just wouldn't work for a DOH comic book. I personally don't mind anime but not for Dukes. It just doesn't work in my mind.

The reason I suggest Marvel is because their drawing work is detailed enough that you can get that angusty feel from the pictures as well as the story line. Granted, I do agree with you guys that Marvel is a bit too busy for a DOH comic book but it would be cool if whoever was the artist gave the work a soft tone but able to pull out that detail and angust filled poses and dramatic jumps that the General can make. Whoever the artist is, should be able to drawn cars and draw them well because cool drawnings of the General Lee in action, angust filled moments, and detailed fight sences with the boys will sell a Dukes of Hazzard comic. I would love to see drawing profiles of Bo or Luke when they are about to get into a bar room brawl at the Nest. Infact seeing some of the fan fiction produced around here would be cool if it was made into comics.

That's just my view points on this, but a comic book would be awesome.

Val