DUKESFEST 2007?

lEaN

True getting there early doesn't guarantee any autographs but it would increase your odds I would think. Also true no one forces us Hazzard vehicle owners to build these vehicles and come to Dukesfest.Most all have been built out of love or devotion of the original show .Imagine being so impacted by a TV show so much that you decided to spend months or years of time and hard earned money to build a replica of one of the vehicles from it. We don't claim to be better than any other fan. Yet in your opinion after all our hard work we don't deserve any special treatment even though we contribute to the event.Especially after it has been promised to us for the past 5 years.Even Ben and Alma have clearly admitted to how poorly the vehicle owners were treated last year by posting an apology on his website.How would they react if no Hazzard vehicles show up? Sure there still would be a crowd but I think it would cut attendance quite a bit if they knew there were no vehicles going to be there other than the ones Ben has himself which is only 2 or 3.

Impacted by a TV show so much that you decided to spend months or years of time and hard earned money to build a replica of one of the vehicles from it. We don't claim to be better than any other fan. Yet in your opinion after all our hard work we don't deserve any special treatment even though we contribute to the event.

Dukesfest 2006 - car owners were only guranteed free admission and the parade. Which they got. I'm sorry if you were misinformed.

Actually, my opinion is fanfic writers carry on the DOH legacy through written form. Probably folks out there who have spent thousands on cast member merchandise. Everyone of those people is equal to someone who built a replicia car.

Car Owners are not the only ones to contribute, volunteers do also.

Put up with upset people and try to make the situation better with little or no help from any event cordinator.

Who is most responsible for getting people to Dukesfest, lots of people. It's grown throughout the years. 2007 may be the best one yet. =)

Dukesfest 2007 will be better. I can't say there won't be any logistical problems - hell, there's always logistical problems, and it only gets bigger every year.

Each Dukesfest, there's more Generals showing up, more fans showing up - even more cast members showing up. More media shows up. How does the event grow, and include more fans, without getting completely out of control ?

There's nothing else like this on the planet. It's a car show. It's a stunt show. It's a concert. It's an autograph session. It's a festival. And it's all up for grabs.

Man, I'd be happy just to see decent food at these things. Last year I was served a cold hot dog and a flat Coke for five bucks.

Anyhow - what do ya do? Raise ticket prices way up, and have fewer people attend?

Keep the lower ticket prices, but limit access, reduce events, get people in and out in an eyeblink after they've traveled 15 hours to be there?

Hey, I remember when scoring a venue with a flushing toliet was an accomplishment.

All that said - I agree that the participants , from the car owners to the volunteers to the cast members, need to be treated well and have things organized, so that all fans can have the best possible experience.

If Dukesfest stops being fun - or safe - then it's time to call it quits.

Brian

This is getting old. Tim all you have been doing scene June is B***h about how the car owners where treated. Get over it. Ben and Alma do the BEST they can do. They work there buts off to make it better then the years before. It wasn't even there fault. So for you put the blame on them wrong. Man get over it it's the past.

This was my first Dukes fest I had a blast. There where people that came from all over the world. I meet this one guy that has been to Dukes fest every year. He said it get's better every year. He said you never know what to except. There are going to be good thing and bad things. Your bond have a few problems when you oraginze something that big. You can't make everyone happy but you can sure ass hell can try. This is the first year that I heard that anyone had any compliants. There are bond to be problems. Nashville speedway was not prepared for how many fans where going to show up. There was over 100,000 fans way more then they thought was going to come. We should be thanking Ben, Alma, John, Tom, Rick, James, Sonny, Cathy, the stunt crew and the people that sold the food and drinks, people selling Dukes stuff and all the others that did what they did to make this Duke fest a sucess. They took time out of there lives to do this. Something they didn't have to do, but did because they love the show just as much as we the fans do.

Also true no one forces us Hazzard vehicle owners to build these vehicles and come to Dukesfest.Most all have been built out of love or devotion of the original show .Imagine being so impacted by a TV show so much that you decided to spend months or years of time and hard earned money to build a replica of one of the vehicles from it. We don't claim to be better than any other fan. Yet in your opinion after all our hard work we don't deserve any special treatment even though we contribute to the event.

But Tim you say that if wasn't you the Hazzard vehicle owner Dukes Fest wouldn't be what it was. Your wrong more then hafe of the fans came to see all five cast members together again. They came to see the stunt drivers wreck a cop car or jump the general lee. We come to Duke fest to feel apart of the Dukes family. We come to show them that even though the show is no longer in production we still love the Dukes and no matter what it will be the greatest show ever. It has taught millions of people what whole some family values showed be. That we hope to pass on our kids. And for one person to say that they deserve more special treatment because they built a hazzard vehicle. Then a fan that doesn't own Hazzard vehicle. We are just as much of a fan as they are.

I just love how people take things out of context and start putting words in my mouth.Did I ever say it was totally all Ben and Almas fault the there were problems.No I didn't.I wasn't even there for cripes sake. I'm just passing on what many of the car owners have told me. I'm sure Ben and Alma do their best.I know you can't make everyone happy. Did you pole all 100k people to determine that half of them were there just because of the castmembers? From what I was told most the problems came from the security company that was hired which they aren't supposed to be rehired this year. For an event thats had plenty of time to prepare and co sponsored by CMT a major corporation. It wasn't very well organized from what I was told. When you put on any event you have to over prepare for what you're expecting to be there. They knew that venue would only hold 30-50k max which is what they expected.Why would you sell past that point knowing your going to have more headaches? Reason $$$. You don't see other major events overselling too much over what the venue will hold especially twice what it will hold. That's what sold out points are for. Brian was speaking about safety. You can't sit there and tell me 100k people in a place only designed to hold half that is very safe. I don't have all the answers. They should move it back to Bristol or the other track at Nashville where there would be no problem holding that many people.Regardless 100k fans wanting a signature in 2 days from 5 or 6 castmembers isn't going to happen.

.Why would you sell past that point knowing your going to have more headaches? They should move it back to Bristol or the other track at Nashville where there would be no problem holding that many people.

Local advertising on tv and radio, kids under a certain age not needing a ticket. Nice weather are considerations for the over crowding.

Other venues speculation - cast member/stunt crew schedules are not easy to schedule around. And maybe where they wanted it to be held, had already been booked for an event.

Rather than hash over what can not be changed, enjoy hearing about what Dukesfest 2007 will be offering.

To remark on something Tim mentioned - yes, there was a problem with security. Specifically, the private Nashville company of "Rock Solid Events", I believe it was called. Of all the things that didn't go right that weekend - that's probably the worst. The safety of the fans and the cast is the top priority.

Don't anyone get me wrong, I love DukesFest. This past year, however, I saw things getting out of control. Fortunately, Dukes fans as a norm are among the most patient and well-behaved folks out there.

Certainly, the Ticketmaster sales can be counted and there's some measure of prediction for attendance. What can't be predicted though, is the number of people showing up at the gate, buying same-day tix.

This wasn't as big of problem in Bristol TN, because Bristol ain't exactly a huge town and it's not a tourist mecca. Nashville was a whole 'nuther ball game and the thing blew wide open.

Tim is correct, there has been much gnashing of teeth from the General Lee club about certain issues. I also heard complaints from fans who paid for a ride in the ski car - who never got the ride and never got a refund.

I heard a lot of happy stories from fans, too. But plain and simple, there was double the attendence this past year and there were twice the problems.

I do believe, however, that in having a better idea what to expect this year, that the problems will be reduced. There were some amazing things in the 2006 DukesFest - a fantastic concert with the full cast, and the incredible jump, just to name a couple. I think the 2007 DukesFest will be great.

Brian

That's the point I was trying to get across Brian that hopefully lessons were learned and corrections will be made to make it a better experience for everyone involved.Apparently at least to a few of you feel that the Hazzard vehicles attending add or have very little significance to the event.I'll be sure to pass that on. I probably won't be able to attend because of work and finances.Now that I see that our vehicles are not appreciated, I would have second thoughts about attending even if I were able to. It's amazing how a handfull of club members from the Official fan club decided to try a convention back in 98 for fans to share memories, exchange merchandise and see some props from the show.Now it has transformed into this huge event.

I for one have been to Duke Fest for the past four year with two of my three kids as well as their friends -- all of which were not born when the original shows aired.

We all loved Duke Fest! There is something there for everyone whether it is the Music, the stars, or the CARS!!! Which I LOVED!!! I for one appreciate the time, effort and dedication that it takes to have and keep up the beloved muscle cars!!

I look forward to Duke Fest 2007 and spending some time once again in Hazzard County!

DixieDavenport

I don't think it was said even once that the cars were not a major attraction for Dukesfest. It was only pointed out that the cars were not the only reason people attend. I have not been fortunate to attend any Dukesfest for financial reasons, but I would love to see everything from the stars to the cars

I don't think it was said even once that the cars were not a major attraction for Dukesfest. It was only pointed out that the cars were not the only reason people attend. I have not been fortunate to attend any Dukesfest for financial reasons, but I would love to see everything from the stars to the cars

I never said that car little significance to the event. I said most people where there to see the cast. Tim you complain about people putting words in your mouth but you did the same thing to me. I've got an ideal lets put this to rest. It's getting real old. Dukefest 2006 is in the past. For the ones that went we know we had blast. Let's Just wait for 2007 Dukefest. It's only going to get better. They can fix what problems they had. Let's just enjoy it and go for the ride.

Let me get this straight here. It sounds as if a couple of you guys are saying that having the General Lee replicas, Hazzard County Sheriff car replicas, and any other "Hazzard" replicas in attendance is not an important factor in the overall success of 'DukesFest'. If that is what you're saying, you guys are dead wrong. Just ask Ben Jones if you don't believe me. Sure, fans come out to see the original cast members, but they also come expecting to see a lot of General Lee replicas, as well as other replicas from the series.

Does owning a General Lee replica or any other "Hazzard" replicas make a person a bigger or a more dedicated fan than a person that doesn't own a replica? Absolutely not. Still, I feel that replica owners should have "special privileges" at 'DukesFest'. Afterall, they are part of the event.

GADuke01

• 3 weeks later...

I might go this JUNE! WOO-HOO, My dream come true that I have waited for years since I have watched "Dukes"!

I will see John there and he will recongize me from a car show here in Ohio that time back in 2000 we met and I'll ask him for a ride and fly into his GENERAL LEE that I wanted so bad for my dream since I was little. CROSS FINGERS for this June!

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I only hope that everyone who attends has a wonderful time. On the DVD that covered Dukesfest, I was surprised to see that someone came from France to experience it. I would love to follow in that fellow's footsteps, but sadly it's not going to happen. Germany is quite the commute, it would be expensive for my husband and I to get there. I do hope that everyone does enjoy it.

The thing that saddened me about it is that regular fans lost money through it. The organizers need to know about these things, if for no other reason but to correct the problem. I do know, first hand, about losing out on money and feeling like I've been 'shucked and jived' by a group or promoters. I lost over 100$ last year when I bought tickets to two concerts that didn't even happen. When I went to try and get my money back, the news came down that the promoter filed for bankrupcy and I'm basically I'm out that money. It's discouraging when that sort of thing happens, and I understand people being upset about it, I'm still upset about getting taken for a ride by the group/promoters. So, when it happens in relation to Dukesfest, then yeah, I can understand fans being upset about it, and I can also understand why they vent their grievances here. No one likes to be taken for a ride.

I sincerely hope that they manage to give all of you an event to remember and to all of you who are going, have a wonderful experience.

Maybe I can swing it in 2008 or 2009. I hope at any rate, but who knows?

I only hope that everyone who attends has a wonderful time. On the DVD that covered Dukesfest, I was surprised to see that someone came from France to experience it.

There was people from at least 15 different countries other than the US. That was one of the best parts for me, meeting other folks. At this moment, it's on track for me to go two years in a row!