DUKESFEST 2007?

lEaN

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If there is one Im sure it'll be next summer sometime. I hope to go, so as soon as anyone gets any info for the 2007 Festival (pending of course) please leme know, the sooner I can plan ahead the better. With the turn out that I heard about this year Im almost sure 2007 will be great.

~Chet Duke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm hoping for a reunion in 2007. Because I want to visit it also for the first time, because I am from Holland !!! I've to contact some dutch fans here, so i don't have to travel alone !!! Or I have tot contact someone frome here !!! But it's still far away, so i jst have to wait till there is a confirmation !!!!

Yeeehaaaaa :D 8)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Dukesfest is a GO!! Tentative for first weekend in June like last year but it is going to happen.If you own a Hazzard vehicle there has been a meeting with Miss Alma and a lot of the problems that occurred are supposed to be corrected and some special treatment for them as well. I can't give details yet.

That great! I was pretty sure it would happen but always good to have confirmation. I wonder who (of the cast, crew, etc) will be there in '07? Probably too early to tell entirely, but if I remember rightly I do think the general consensus for '06 was that it was a blast! Hectic... 100,000 people in one place yikes... but a lot of fun.

~Lukas

Yeah they way oversold tickets last year. That venue is really only designed for about 30,000 people at most.Hopefully they learned from last year and have a sold out point.Regardless if you intend to go just for autographs even at 30k you aren't likely to get more than one or 2 and your looking at 4-6 hour wait for say John, Tom or Cathy if you aren't there early.Hopefully the issues with the Hazzard vehicles will finally get resolved but I wouldn't count on that either.Each year since 2001 Ben and Alma keep promising things for us car owners and each year we get disappointed. Last year was really bad.They had better come through this year or else there will be very few or no Hazzard vehicles going in 2008 assuming it will continue past 2007. There are already a bunch of guys I talk to that are very hesitant to go this year because of what might happen. I can't say as I blame them.After you've spent thousands of dollars restoring a car showing your devotion to the show.Spend almost 3 bucks a gallon on gas on a car that gets poor gas mileage. Plus lodging.Then you get there and get treated like crap when your vehicle helps draw in the crowd. Yeah I'd be pretty angry. I haven't been able to attend with my General since 2002 the last one in Sperryville. Even then the event was getting to be very large.I waited 6 hours for Cathy then.

If you own a Hazzard vehicle there has been a meeting with Miss Alma and a lot of the problems that occurred are supposed to be corrected and some special treatment for them as well.

Will there be a special meeting for volunteers who never recieved their refund or t - shirt promised to them via email, telephone, and verbal communication with the event coordinators?

Yeah they way oversold tickets last year. That venue is really only designed for about 30,000 people at most.Hopefully they learned from last year and have a sold out point.Regardless if you intend to go just for autographs even at 30k you aren't likely to get more than one or 2 and your looking at 4-6 hour wait for say John, Tom or Cathy if you aren't there early.Hopefully the issues with the Hazzard vehicles will finally get resolved but I wouldn't count on that either.Each year since 2001 Ben and Alma keep promising things for us car owners and each year we get disappointed. Last year was really bad.They had better come through this year or else there will be very few or no Hazzard vehicles going in 2008 assuming it will continue past 2007. There are already a bunch of guys I talk to that are very hesitant to go this year because of what might happen. I can't say as I blame them.After you've spent thousands of dollars restoring a car showing your devotion to the show.Spend almost 3 bucks a gallon on gas on a car that gets poor gas mileage. Plus lodging.Then you get there and get treated like crap when your vehicle helps draw in the crowd. Yeah I'd be pretty angry. I haven't been able to attend with my General since 2002 the last one in Sperryville.

2006 Dukesfest Attendee point of view - Getting there early does not gurantee an autograph when thousands of people have that same idea.

The people I saw enjoying themselves the most were the ones who didn't go with any expections, and that includes replicia owners. Could be a dozen people and someone would still find something to whine about.

Very simply, choices are made. No one forces someone to make a General Lee or patrol car, bring it to any event.

It saddens me, this thread has another "certain selection of the fandom deserves more or is better" post.

DOH was/is about a community, just like Dukesfest. =)