Map of Hazzard?

Duke of Chicago

I've seen one on the show itself, some episode where the bad guys are tracking down the Dukes. And someplace a fan might have drawn an artistic concept. And in Covington GA, they might have some kinda map of filming locations from the first few episodes, but I can't be certain.

That aside, I typed "Hazzard County GA" into Google Earth just to see what would happen. It actually brought up the southeast section of the country, and offered selections like "Cooter's Place" and Covington GA. Sonofagun!

Brian

You know a map of Hazzard is a really good idea. I've toyed with the idea of creating one myself. The trouble is.... Deciding where everything should be in realtion to each other, because you never really know that. And.... beside the staples, THe Dukes farm, Cooter's garage. The Boar's Nest... Everything else changed, alot. Like they may say lets meet a Benson's Bridge.... or something to that efect, but they never mention that location in Hazzard again. So the next thing is, choosing what's going to be on the map.

So if ya'll have any suggestions, feel free to let me know, cause I think I am going to create the offical (well, unoffical) map to Hazzard County GA.

Well there al lots of places that should be on the map, what about:

-Dukes farm,

-Cooter's garage,

-Boars Nest

-Boss' Bank,

-Boss' House,

-The Court house,

-The sherrifs station,

-The town square,

-The church.

-Mr. Ruebottem's store,

-MIss Tisdale's postoffice,

-the o'll Indian caves,

-the hazzard fishing pond,

-And what about the different still-sites (Although nobody exactually knows where they were of course.)

-Bronson Canyon with the red clay,

There are several creek's that could be mentioned

How's that creek called with that bridge that's was always out? Willow's Creek and Willow's Bridge. Well something like that.

You also had Dry Creek that I know for sure.

You also could show the four adjoining county's

Chickasaw county

Choctaw County

Hatchapee County

Yreka County

And well lot's of other things which I can't think of now.

Location will be a problem, but you can use your own imagination and that might just make it all of the more fun to do.

Good Luck,

JM

You know a map of Hazzard is a really good idea. I've toyed with the idea of creating one myself. The trouble is.... Deciding where everything should be in realtion to each other, because you never really know that. And.... beside the staples, THe Dukes farm, Cooter's garage. The Boar's Nest... Everything else changed, alot. Like they may say lets meet a Benson's Bridge.... or something to that efect, but they never mention that location in Hazzard again. So the next thing is, choosing what's going to be on the map.

So if ya'll have any suggestions, feel free to let me know, cause I think I am going to create the offical (well, unoffical) map to Hazzard County GA.

Well over in the TV heading under General Discussion there is a topic that I started called Hazzard County Locations. We are listing all of the road names and locations that we know of.

We have a pretty good list going.

Wow that's a lot of money to pay for a map of Hazzard! It would be great to see it, but I don't think I'd pay two hundred dollars for it...I'll just make my own.

Though I do know where you are coming from...things seem to change a lot from episode to episode. Especially from the first five episodes and the rest of the episodes...which makes it hard to write for. I just kinda make it up as I go along (as long as it makes sense)...but you always have to have the main buildings. ;)

There is Kissing Cliff...I don't know if anyone mentioned that one or not, but it just came to mind.

Keep it between the ditches

Garrett Duke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm currently working on a map myself. I'm watching all the episodes and putting the following on lists 1)people 2)businesses 3) roads 4)water 5)landmarks 6)other counties 7)other misc. I did this when the series came out but now that I have them all on DVD, I can "rewind" something if I didn't hear it clearly which is a huge help. There are many inconsistencies in things but I can work them out to my best judgement. I have to make lots of footnotes for accuracy so that when I actually put it together it will be right. For example, under the people catagory, if I knew the road they lived on, that would added (even though I would also list it under "roads".) I would love to hear from others to share ideas. RogerDuke

I created a map of Hazzard long ago episode by episode, and actually figuring out how roads, streams, etc connected with each other (right, left, east, west, etc...) It took a long time and was very detailed. But somewhere along the way, I lost it. I should recreate it if I can find the time.

But... Yreka County?? I don't remember that one. I remember Sweetwater (actually I think that one was on the other side of the TN line but I could be wrong), Hatchapi, Chickasaw/Choctaw (near as I can figure it was the same place - Sheriff Little's territory - and some writers couldn't figure out which name to give it), and Osage... maybe another one or two. But Yreka? Where was that?

Hey Lukas, Yea, you're right, I don't know where that person came up with that county. Plus, there's a lot more than 4 counties that border Hazzard. Thanks for answering my thread. I was hoping I could find someone who had the same interest. I can't talk now but I'll get back to you later. I'm new to Hazzardnet (and new to using computers) but I'm starting to get good at using this contraption. So far, the only thing I've found that it's good for is the Hazzardnet. Catch ya later. RogerDuke

Hey Lukas, (or anybody else for that matter) As you know, I'm new to this thing but I have a good story about the time I met Tom Wopat. Help me out with the standard procedure here. Should I A) put the story on this thread B) put the story on a thread related to Tom Wopat C) send it to you under private mail D) use channel 22 on my CB "Possum on a gumbush"