How much do you really love the show?

Few I think love the TV show the Dukes of Hazzard more than I do. Let me express it this way theres a story behind my affection. Back in 1981 when at a crossroads in my car building business in Idaho, I was in the march of going to the 1981 Salt Lake City Autorama. We at the shop had a different car nearly built, when on a scouting trip to find white go-go boots for the display, I ran across a duplicate General Lee. That was so exact it was teriffc. So then, the guy who built that car was going on a LDS Mission, and needed to sell the car, so I did what any good Duke fan would do, I bought it. Touched it up, replaced the 318 with a tweaked 440, and entered the Salt Lake City Autorama, see the February 1982 Popular Hot Rodding Magazine issue, it was in there. After the car show, got to thinking I do not look like Bo, or Luke, but I did resemble Crazy Cooter both in life as well as looks, I too drove and still drive a tow truck in a very small country town. So I made a phone call to Paul Picard, don't ask me how I got through, but I did. I talked to him and Skip Ward the producer of the Dukes, asked if I could use the name Hazzard Garage for my shop, they said yes and so it goes. When my mom passed away a year later, I was really hit hard. Somehow the cast and Picard had heard about her passing, and not only offered me their kindness, but showed up in our little town of Hagerman Idaho( 96 miles south of Boise) After that Hagerman was nick named Hazzard Idaho. So yes in many ways not only did I watch the show, but have every single episode on VHS Video, but in many ways I lived the show in my own way. I created an unofficial Dukes club and custom ride group rolled into one. With the name of the group taken loosly after the Hollywood Knights, a movie of the time that also featured besides other Popular Hot Rodding Magazine' car Project X Yellow 57 Chevy. We called our club the Hazzard Kounty Knytes Kustmz Association. So am I a true fan? Do I love what the Dukes stood for? Answer, more than anyone could know. Am I trying to make money off that image or images, no. I just want to preserve it.

• 3 months later...

Dear sir,

I really enjoyed reading you message and Im glad to see that someone

is trying to preserve something from our past. They just dont make TV shows like the Dukes of Hazzard anymore. I was hooked from the very first episode "One Armed Bandits" and I am absolutley crazy about the General Lee Dodge Charger. I have always hope to own my own someday

but they are really getting rare. thanks again for the great story.

• 2 months later...

Rebel wolf,that is one awsome story of your experience,i was really touched by it,and I mean really touched!

I've cherished that show since i was 9 yrs old,and I've been obsessed with "The Dukes Of Hazzard" ever since ! That is my dream to have A '69 charger R/T someday,so I can make my own general lee from scratch.

Money wise I'm financially challenged,but last year i got a break,my friend 's uncle has a junk yard 2 hours away from me,he has never crushed or got rid of any cars in the past 20 years!

My friend said he'd help me pick the best charger ,that has a good frame and under carriage,then take parts off other chargers and put it all on a flat bed,all I have to do is pay for the towing fees and that's it!

Might cost me $ 200.00,but man i'll get the money somewheres! This is my dream,and I prayed to GOD,not to take me from this world untill I have acheived this goal!

I have all the dukes episodes on video also,except for the coy and vance ones,only two I have with them in it( the mean green machine & welcome back bo & luke)

I might be old fashion,but to me no one can be dukes,no other hazzard can existe,and this movie ??????not gona like it!

But I told everyone here,( after i said I was sorry for trashing the new movie),that I will go see it and keep an open mind, so I will,no promises that I'll watch it all though!

Once again rebel wolf,your story really touched me deep,thank you for sharing that and keeping hazzard alive! You're an awsome duke fan! :D

Hey My Names Craig I am a huge fan of DOH I am so obsessed with it. You see I have severe depression and am sometimes (more often than not) suicidal but everytime I feel like that I put on one of My Favorite episodes (Lulu's Gone Away, Jude Emry etc...) and I can't help but to smile. So I would go as far to say that The Dukes Of Hazzard as actually saved my life.