To all who dislike the cast

Virgin Enos

Some people have disliked the cast since the day that Stiffler and Jackass

where cast as the the Duke Boys. But the truth is the problem isn't the cast at all. The problem lies in the director and how he wanted the the charactors portrayed. Unfortanatly some of the new charactors had little or no resemblence to the originals. I think the cast did their best at playing the charachtors the way the director wanted them. Its no secret that when this movie got the green light some of the biggest names in hollywood wanted to be a part of this movie, so as fans along with people in general, many of us had had high expectatations for a really good cast with BIG names. BIG NAMES that could do the original charactors justice.

Perhaps if they had a better director who knew what he was doing . The Super Troopers director dosn't seem to have much respect for the original cast or the original charactors. Hes far more obsesed with Smokey and the Bandit and Burt Renolds.

The Action/Stunts where amazing and the basic plot stayed true to the show so we can atleast respect it for that...

I agree it's the sameway everyone fells about Coy and Vance I know i will be shot for this but if i had been older when the show had came out after Bo and Luke came back i would have never watched again becuase i real like Coy and Vance better. And like then it wasn't the actors fuilts it was the people who ran the show and the movie who real should be ashamed of theirself i liked the movie but they could have done it like the show. maybe the old cast that incouleds Coy and Vance because i want to see what they have been doing for 25 years can make a movie that older duke fans like.

p.s

sorry that was the long about way to agree with you oh well :oops:

I wonder what the guys that played coy and vance thought of the new movie? Sean and Johnny where surprising considering they got famus by acting like morons. They work well together their funny and some of the senes with them in the general where the best reminder of the show.

I agree with John Schnieder that the charactors that needed improvement where Boss Rosco and Jesse. Mainly Boss and Rosco where the ones that where the least like the origanals. OK since every one doubted him as Hogg I gess you could say that Burt did a good job as an EVIL Hogg but it was differnt. I still wish that they had hired Danny Devito instead of Burt. He was probobaly the most popular choice and would have been vary appealing to audiances. Besides Id rather see the Bandit behind the Wheel instead of counting money at the court house...

The supertroopers Guy was so sold on Burt as Hogg long before he got into this project that even if someone like Danny D showed intrest in the part, pulled off a perfect screen test The director would still cast Burt since he claims that theres no other man that could possibly fill Bosses shoes. LOL

Well i was over at IMDb.com a couple days ago and was reading Byron message board a woman had meet him at the bar he owns he told her he reel didn't what to see the movie at all. as fare as chris i real dont thank he would care one way or another becuase i read a interview along time ago that the dukes was just a pay check to him so i dont thank he would care beside Byron can't find him.