The Dukes of Hazzard:"Unrated"

GADuke01

A few other Dukes-related message boards are reporting that the unrated version of 'The Dukes of Hazzard' that will be released on Tuesday along side the theartical released version of the film, is really raunchy. From what I understand, anyone looking to purchase the "unrated" version of the film can expect to hear more profanity, more sexual inuendos, nudity, and drug use. I still have trouble believing that they did this to a movie called 'The Dukes of Hazzard'.

GADuke01

This "Unrated" version is definately further away from the original Dukes than the theatrical version. I was a big fan of the new movie but I refuse to buy anything so raunchy that it has nudity, so I did a little research and found some reviews of the unrated dvd. from what I've read it definately contains the f-word at least twice and the new unrated scenes and bloopers contain mostly nudity, and Willie Nelson smoking weed through an apple. So I will be sticking to the regular version wich has everything minus the nudity. Here's a link to one of the reviews.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/dvd.php?id=2145

Well, after watching every thread of the DVD this morning, I've come to this conclusion:

The best part about the DVD was about the special features on the General Lee. The second best part is that, besides the included stupid video, there's not much pertaining to Jessica Simpson (we still don't like her down here much). Jay's interview shows he is VERY proud of putting his...er...I mean, Broken Lizard's input into the script. Knoxville put it best when he blew his nose into the script on-set. Yeah, I know it was meant as a joke, but it looked good to me.

Other than that, it sure did sound good in the living room!

:D Amen Scott! He should've not only blown his nose with Broken Lizard's script, he should've used it for something else as well involving his backside. And did you stop motion and slow mo the Road Runner jump about fifty times like I did? Man, I wish they would've done that in slow motion in the movie, it was a beauty of a jump! And, I'm tickled the orange beast got so much footage in the "how to throw" a car bit. It did tick me off that they gave so much credit to the 2nd unit director for the Gomobile and the RDV cars when you and I both know Elia Popov and his guys designed and built those cars. See ya' round dude! Later from Tater! :wink:

Road Runner? There was a Road Runner in the movie? Just kidding! I was bummed not to see our names in the credits either. I do believe someone just picked and chose what they wanted. As far as the footage from the 2nd unit crap, I was very surprised to see Tim in there. And PoolMan had a brief shot in the DVD too, setting up one of the jumps (proud of him!). There should have been way more of the garage stuff at Team Toyota. Such as the cars being prepped and tested, shots of the garage crew (Original Builder AJ!?!) and Boss Hogg's STEEL bullhorns. Woulda made it far more interesting. Kinda like the Too Fast Too Furious extras...

Oh well, it was still fun. By the way, Garnet STILL hasn't seen it!

A few other Dukes-related message boards are reporting that the unrated version of 'The Dukes of Hazzard' that will be released on Tuesday along side the theartical released version of the film, is really raunchy. From what I understand, anyone looking to purchase the "unrated" version of the film can expect to hear more profanity, more sexual inuendos, nudity, and drug use. I still have trouble believing that they did this to a movie called 'The Dukes of Hazzard'.

GADuke01

Rented the unrated verison to see what all the hoopdeedoo was about.

Honestly, think it comes down to what a viewer is comfortable with.

Expected much worse than what was shown/heard.

Hazzard County is a special place in the hearts of many people and always will be.

Daney

• 2 weeks later...

I bought it all off amazon, both rated and unrated, though i noticed after that my wal-mart had penty of both..i still saved a lot off each pre-ordering from amazon though.

i just wish they had made the rated version widescreen, that makes no sense at all, i mean most movies that do the unrated and rated have options and i hate fullscreen..oh well.

• 1 month later...

I found and downloaded the unrated Dukes of hazzard.

To be honest, it wasn't much different then the one they showed at the theatre.

The part where Bo and luke look for ,dang forgot her name.Anyways,when the are at the dorm ,looking in each room,and the last one was girls smoking up,but in unrated movie,they are just all naked,wich is better then Bo and Luke comming out of a stoner room.

And instead of Jessie comming out of some hut with the mayer smoking up,they had him bitting on an apple with a joint in the middle.

One part they didn't show at the movies and is in the unrated one,is when jessie went into boss's office and punched him across the face.

Other then that,the rest is exactly the same.