A Little Missunderstanding

One early morning at the Sheriffs station it was very quiet, Rosco was getting himself a cup of coffee and Enos was cleaning the locker room, when all of a sudden a women walks in, much to Rosco's surprize.

Rosco-"Howdy there, can I help you?"

Lady-"Well I think so, i'm looking for Enos Strate."

Rosco looked over her once more and thought,"Why would a girl like her be lookin' for Enos?"

Rosco-"Uh oh, Enos come out here!"

Enos came running out of the locker room, and ran right up to the Sheriff not noticing the woman at all.

Enos-"Deputy Enos Strate, reportin' as yelled for Sheriff."

Enos had his usual big grin on his face as he waited for Rosco to tell him what he wanted him to do.

Rosco-"Get that silly grin off your face, this nice young lady is lookin' for ya."

As Rosco pointed to her Enos got a surprized look on his face as he ran towards her and gave her a great big hug.

Enos-"Mary Lou, what are you doing here?"

Mary Lou-"I just came to visit with ya."

Enos-"You came all the way from California to see me?"

Mary Lou-"Yep, I missed seein' ya everyday."

While they were talkin' Enos had forgotten all about ol' Rosco who just stood there in amazement, as he thought to himself,"What would a good lookin' girl like that want with Enos? Daisy ain't gonna like this at all."Then Enos relized the Sheriff was still standin' there.

Enos-"Oh Sheriff, I'm sorry this is Mary Lou, she came all the way from California."

Rosco-"Nice to meet you...Enos I think you should really be gettin' on patrol, but since you have a visitor i guess it would be alright if you gave her a tour while you make your rounds."

Enos-"Really Sheriff!"

Mary Lou-"That's awful nice of ya Sheriff....Enos before we go could we drop my things off at your place?"

Enos-"Of course, lets go."

As Enos and Mary Louleft Rosco was still tryin' to figure out who Mary Lou was.

After Enos gave Mary Lou the tour and he finished his patrol, he had to go back to the Sheriffs department to clock out. As soon as they pulled up Bo, Luke and Cooter saw Enos and Mary Lou getting out of the car and going into the Sheriffs station.

Bo-"Did you see her?"

Luke-"Yeah....Was she with Enos?"

Bo-"That's what it looked like."

Cooter-"Maybe he finally got tired of lustin' after Daisy?"

They all looked at eachother and began to laugh.

Bo-"If Daisy sees Enos with that girl, she'll filp."

Just then Enos and Mary Lou came out of the Sheriffs station. but Enos didn't have his uniform on, he was wearin' civilian clothes. Then both of them got into the car and left.

Bo-'Was that Enos, not in his uniform?"

Luke-"Yeah."

Cooter-"Last time I saw him wear civilian clothes was about two years ago."

Bo-'Where do you think they're goin'?"

Cooter-"Maybe they're goin' on a date?"

Luke-"Well they better not go to the Boars Nest, Daisy'll kill him."

Bo, Luke and Cooter all jumped into the General and headed towards the Boars Nest, which Enos and Mary Lou weren't goin' to, they were just goin to Enos' house, he changed at the station because he spilt coffee all over himself and didn't have any clean uniforms, and he left his uniform at the staion because they were going to be cleaned that night.

When the boys and Cooter pulled up to the Boars Nest they didn't see Enos' patrol car, just Roscos' and Boss' caddy. When they went in Rosco was talkin' to Boss and Daisy was gettin' their drinks.

Luke-"Hey Daisy."

Daisy-"Hey fellas here's your drinks."

Then Rosco turned around and looked at the boys.

Cooter-"Howdy Sheriff."

Rosco-"Oh hush Cooter, I need to ask you boys somethin'."

Bo-"Well what is it Rosco?"

Now everyone was lookin' at Rosco especially Daisy, because he never asked the Dukes nothin'.

Rosco-"Well....it's Enos."

Daisy-"What about Enos?"

Rosco-"Well the last time I seen or heard from him was this mornin' when he left with Mary Lou."

Bo-"Oh so that's her name, we were wonderin' who that was with him."

Rosco-"He said she was from California...I just can't see what she would want with him."

Cooter-"When we saw them leave the Sheriff's station he wasn't wearin' his uniform, just wearin' regular clothes."

Rosco-"Ya think there's somthin' goin' on between them two?"

Daisy-"There better not be, or he's gonna know the meaning of pain."

Everyone looked at Daisy in shock, they could all tell she was furiouse with Enos, and they were all quite surprized because this was the first real affection she had ever really shown towards Enos.

Later that night when Daisy was drivin' home she remembered she had to pick somethin' up at her friends house so she headed into town. As she was drivin' through town she saw Enos and Mary Lou walkin' down the street, and they were talkin', they didn't even notice Daisy as she drove by, which was unusual for Enos.

When Daisy got back to the farm she was heated, she didn't say anything to the boys or Uncle Jesse she just went into her room and went to bed.

Uncle Jesse-"Wonder what's wrong with her?"

Luke-"It's probably that girl that's been hangin' round Enos."

Uncle Jesse-"Oh i don't think that boy will ever be interested in any other girl than Daisy."

Well the next day Enos was at speed trap #3 as Daisy drove by; she was goin' to meet Bo and Luke at Cooters.Enos decided that he was going to pull her over and give her the flowers he had bought for her earlier that mornin', but she didn't want to have any part of it.

(On the CB)

Enos-"Daisy would you pull over, please....I wanna give you somethin'."

Daisy-"Unless it's an explination I don't want to talk to you."

So Enos chased Daisy all the way to town where the boys were outside the garage talkin' to Cooter and Rosco.

As Daisy flew around the corner she quickly stopped a Cooters, Enos wasn't so lucky. As he turned the corner his car spun out of control and did a 360 and somehow managed to get his patrol car on the steps of the court house. All the men were surprized at what they saw, and they could tell Daisy was heated as she walked across the street to where Enos was.

Uncle Jesse-"What's wrong with her?"

Bo-"She probably saw Enos with that Mary Lou girl?"

Uncle Jesse-"Well who is she anyway?"

Cooter-"No one really knows. We've seen them together a few times and they're always talkin' or goin' somewhere."

Rosco-"Well lets go over there and see what's goin' on."

All the guys started towards the Court house as Daisy was approaching Enos as he was getting outta his car.And World War 3 began.

Enos-"Why wouldn't you stop Daisy, I just wanted to give you somthin'?"

Daisy-"You know perfectly well why I wouldn't stop."

Enos-"Daisy I have no clue why you wouldn't stop....could you tell me what I did?"

Now the boys, Cooter, Rosco, and Jesse were watchin' the scene that was takin' place.

Daisy-"Who's that girl you've been hangin' around with, and why haven't you told anyone about her?"

Enos-"Is that all Daisy, you don't have to worry about that."

Daisy-"And why not, because you love her and not me anymore?"

Enos-"Daisy you don't know what you're talkin' about."

Daisy-"Don't you lie to me."

Enos-"Daisy...will you just listen to me!"

Daisy-"Enos Strate, I never want to see or speak to you again!!"

As Daisy turns away Enos spins her back around.

Enos-"Daisy, you have no clue what you'r talking about."

Then she looked at him and slapped him right acrossed the face.Everyone was surprized as they watched himhold his cheek in amazement. Then Daisy got in her car and drove away.

Enos just stood there a minute, then decided to try to get his car off the steps, but couldn't so he got out of the car and walked into the court house.

Bo-"I wonder why she did that?"

Luke-"Well lets go find out."

So all of them went into the court house, and they found Enos sitting behind the booking desk doing paperwork. He didn't even look up as they walked in.

Rosco-"Hey Enos..are you OK?"

Enos(Still not looking up)-"Yeah."

Cooter-"What happened?"

As Enos lifted his head up you could see the big bright red hand print on his cheek.

Enos-"I don't know....she said she saw me with a girl...then she said that she never wanted to see me again, then I told her she didin't know what she was talking about, then she slapped me."

Luke-"Well I think she was talkin' about that Mary Lou girl."

Bo-"Yeah, last night when she came home she didn't talk to anyone, she just went to bed."

Enos-"Why in the world would Daisy be so worried about Mary Lou?"

Luke-"Well you've been spendin' alot of time with her, and I guess Daisy is jelouse?"

Bo-"Who is Mary Lou anyway?"

Enos-"She's my cousin from California."

Luke-"OOh... Daisy thinks ya met someone else."

Enos-"She what...I've gotta go over to the Boars Nest and talk to her."

Luke-"Well hold on now Enos, we could make this work to your advantage."

Bo-"OOh I see what your talkin' about."

Uncle Jesse-"Boys, now don't go doin' anything that's gonna get Enos in anymore trouble with Daisy than he already is."

Enos-"What are you boys talkin' about?"

Luke-"Well you wanna see if Daisy loves you, don't ya?"

Enos-"Well, I guess."

Rosco-"Ooooooh I see what your talkin' about..me and Cooter will help ya."

So Luke explained the plan to get Daisy to confess her true feelings about Enos by making her think that Enos and Mary Lou were involved.

Later that night everyone got ready for the big moment, when Enos and Mary Lou were supposed to the Boars nest and the plan will come together.Luke, Jesse, Cooter, Bo and Rosco were already at the Boars Nest, and they were tellin' Daisy all about Enos and Mary Lou and how they were involved with eachother, and Daisy was getting really heated.

Finally Enos and Mary Lou come in and sit at the table in the corner and ignore Daisy for awhile.Daisy finally get mad enough to go over and "see" Enos and Mary Lou, acting as if she's gonna give them somethin' to drink.

As Daisy walks up behind Enos with a glass of butter milk in her hand and a beer in her other hand she finally looses it, and dumps the buttermilk right on top of Enos's head.

Enos-"What the...what are you doing?"

Daisy-"Just givin' you your buttermilk and your girlfriend her beer."

Now everyone had their eyes on the three, amazed at what had just happened they didn't what to miss anything.

Enos-"Daisy, you still don't know what your talkin' about."

Mary Lou-"Dasiy you really don't know."

Daisy-"What don't I know....are you two gettin' married now?"

Mary Lou-"Married, why would I want to marry him?"

Daisy-'But I thought..."

Mary Lou-"I think Enos should explain somethings to you, I need to go anyways or i'm gonna miss my bus."

Enos-"See ya soon Mary Lou, tell everyone i said Howdy."

"OK"Mary LOu said as she gave Enos a kiss on the cheek and left.

Daisy-"What was she talkin' about Enos?"

Enos-"Well Daisy you never let me explain, ya see I know what you think...and it ain't true."

Daisy-"It's not?"

Enos-"No"

Daisy-"Well who is she then?"

Enos-"She's my cousin from California."

Daisy-"She's your cousin?"

Enos-"Yeah...but ya still didn't like seein' me with another girl did ya?"

Daisy-"Oh Enos, I'll never think anything bad about you again."

Enos-"Thanks Daisy."

Daisy-"Enos I need to tell you something, I...I.. I love you."

Enos-"You do....do you love me enough to marry me?"

Daisy-"Oh Enos of course."

As she responded he slipped a ring on her finger, because he was hopein' to ask her anyways.

As this was happening everyone was wonderin' what was goin' on because they didn't see Enos put the ring on her finger and they couldn't hear them, but they could all see that Enos now had both of Daisy's hands in his.

Enos-'Daisy, I love you too."

Daisy-"Oh Enos."

Now as they were kissing passionatly everyone was really wonderin' what was goin' on.

When they finally stopped kissing and Enos tried to stand up but had hadn't even began to recover from the kiss Daiys had just laid on him and he went weak in the knees and passed out right there on the floor. So everyone rushed over to Daisy leaning over his body , and they were all wonderin' what had happened.

Jesse-'Is he OK?"

Bo-"Daisy, I think you finally killed him."

Luke-"No, she just knocked him out cold."

Rosco-"Well I guess i've gotta pour this whole pitcher over water over him. Jit. Jit."

Cooter-"Wait Rosco, he already has buttermilk allover himself."

Uncle Jesse-"What did you do to him Daisy, I ain't ever seen him do that before, but I guess i've never seen ya kiss him like that before either."

Daisy-'I guess everything was to overwhelming for him."

Luke-"What was?"

Daisy-'Well, he proposed, and I said yes, then I kissed him and he passed out."

Rosco-"He did what....I guess he finally got the nerve."

Cooter-"come on boys, help me get him up."

So the boys helped Cooter get Enos up and they sat him in a chair, and flicked some water in his face, and he finally woke up.

Enos-"What happened?"

Bo-"Ya passed out ol' buddy."

Remembering what had happened Enos got a big grin on his face.

Enos-"Well what do ya expect when someone kisses ya like that."

Daisy-"Oh Enos."

Well acouple weeks went by, and the big day was finally here.Enos was as nervouse as a long tailed cat in a room fulla rockin' chairs, and Daisy was very excited.

Everyone was waiting in the Boars Nest as Enos, Rosco, Bo, and Luke waited for Daisy. But what everyone didn't know was that Frank Scalon had escaped from prision and found out about Enos and Daisy's wedding. So Scalon , willing to do anything to get Enos, he kidnapped Daisy as she was goin' around the Boars Nest to meet Uncle Jesse at the door so her could walk her down the isle.Meanwhile Enos was getting worried as Uncle Jesse began down the isle to Enos,then he approached Enos and whispered in his ear that he couldn't find Daisy anywhere. Enos ran down the isle and Bo, Luke, Rosco, and Uncle Jesse follwed instictively. Everyone was wondering what was going on as Enos ran to his patrol car and grabbed the CB.

Enos-'Daisy, where sre you, can you hear me?"

Everyone just stood around the patrol car as Jesse explaine to them what was goin' on.

Scalon(hearing Enos on the CB)-"Finally, it took him long enough, here tell him your fine."

Daisy-"No! I don't want him to think that I ran out on him."

Scalon-"He won't, just do it."

Daisy(Over the CB)-"Enos, i'm fine."

Enos-"Daisy where are you?"

Scalon-"Look here Enos ol' buddy, I want you to come to skunk hollow, alone, and I might let your fiance' go."

Everyone, especially Enos looked in horror as they recongnized his voice.

Enos-'If you so much as harm one hair on her head i'll..."

Scalon-"You'll what?"

Luke-"Settel down Enos, were gonna get her back."

Rosco-"It's ok Enos remember last time?"

Enos-"Yeah, but it won't work this time, he'll expect somethin' like that this time."

Luke-"I know he will."

Uncle Jesse-"You'll have to go get her Enos, but we're all comein' with ya."

Enos-"I think I have a plan."

Rosco-"Really?"

Enos-"OK I'll switch with Daisy and you guys can follow me and Scalon and..."

Enos finished explaining the plan to everyone and thay were all soon ready to go, and Enos made his way to skunk hollow to sitch with Daisy.

he was soon there and he saw Scalon and Daisy waiting for him.

Scalon-"OK, Officer Strate step out of the car."

Enos-"OK, just don't hurt her."

So Enos got out of the car and stood in front of his patrol car.

Enos-"Why don't you just let her go............you want me not her."

Scalon-"Yeah that's right but first .....i'm gonna let you know that if you try to pull a trick on me like you did last time I ain't gonna get confused, I'll just shoot this pretty little thing right here."

Enos-"We ain't gonna do nothin' like that, I promise.....so just let her go."

Scalon-"Fine. here's what I want you to do........I want you to start walkin' towords me and at the same time I'm gonna let her walk towards the patrol car."

Enos-"OK, just don't do anything foolish."

So Scalon let Daisy start walkin' towards the patrol car as Enos walked towards Scalon, soon Enos was standin' next to Scalon with his gun in Scalon's hand and Daisy was next to Enos's patrol car.

Scalon-"OK Missy you better stay here until five minutes after we leave, because youu don't know whether not not I'm watchin' you."

So Scalon pushed Enos in to his car and began to drive off, and they left Daisy there alone not knowing what to do.

Soon enough the boys and everyone else showed up and Daisy told them what had happened and which direction the man had taken Enos.

So everyone one decided to go after them despite Daisy's refusals that they would kill Enos.

Soon they had caught up to Scalon and Enos but they stayed back far enough to not let Scalon see them so he wouldn't do anything to Enos. After awhile of followin' Scalon turned off an old abandoned road which everyone knew led to the old Robbinson shack which had been abandodned for at least ten years. When Scalon had finally stopped at the shack the boys Cooter Daisy Uncle Jesse and Rosco all found a spot where they could all watch at a safe distance.

• 2 weeks later...

When Scalon had gotten Enos in the old shack he tied him up and left him un gagged so he could kinda tourment him with his plans, but what he didn't know was that Enos had plans of his own.

Scalon-"So Enos looks like I finally have you to myself."

Enos-"What are you gonna do Scalon."

Scalon-"Oh I wouldn't be too worried about that...but I can promiss you it will be real quick and painless."

As Enos and Scalon were having their little discussion the boys, and everyone else was filling Daisy in on Enos' plan to make Scalon think he was dead, so when the time came to watch Enos "Die" she wouldn't loose her mind. But she could make it look real. After the finished explaining it to her the went down to the shack to watch what was going to happen and to make sure their presence was known so Scalon could "kill" Enos.

When everyone had finally gotten down to the shack everyone went and hid behind it exept Daisy, Bo and Luke who got into Scalon's car and began to rev the engine, then Scalon finally came out with Enos in hand with a gun to his head.

Scalon-"What are you doing?"

Bo-"What...I can't hear you."

Scalon-"Turn off the engine and get out of the car."

So all three of them got out of the car and stood in front of it as instructed.

Scalon-"I told you not to follow me, so now you're gonna get to see you friend and your fiance' die."

so Scalon took acouple steps back from Enos and took three shots directly at Enos' chest leaving Enos lying in a puddle of blood. Now Daisy was crying hysterically into Lukes arms and Scalon had made a run for it when Bo ran after him. Acouple seconds later Bo finally tackled him to the ground and knocked him out. When Rosco had finally made himself useful and went and got his patrol car and cuffed him and took him to jail they tried to help Enos up.

Luke-"Ok Enos He's gone you can get up now."

Bo-"Enos are you OK."

Daisy(kneeling over his body)-"Enos wake up..Enos...oh no he's really dead."

As Daisy was crying into Uncle Jesse's arms Enos finally woke up after being unconsiouse for acoulpe minutes, because he was shot at such a close range three times.

Enos(opening his eyes)-"OOH that hurts!!"

Luke(Helping him up)-"Are you Ok..we thought we lost ya there for a minute."

Daisy(giving him a big hug)_'Oh Enos I thought you were dead."

Enos-"I'm not dead, but I feel like I am right about now."

Luke-"Here let me help you get that thing off."

So Luke heped Enos take his shirt off and take the bullit proof vest off.

Daisy(Looking at Enos)-'Are you Ok, you look alittle pail?"

Enos(Taking off his fake blood stained under shirt)-"Not really the only bad thing about all of this is the big bruises it leaves."

• 2 weeks later...

Now everyone was happy, especially Enos now that Scalon thought he was dead, and now with Scalon in jail Enos and Daisy could get along with their wedding plans. Now Enos and Daisy han't been around for a whole day, because Boss gave both of them the next day off because of everything that had happened, and people were starting to wonder where they had gone. Later on that night everyone was gathered at the Boars Nest like usuall and were all still wondering where in the world Enos and Daisy had gone off to, but they wouldn't have to wonder much longer.

Everyone was sitting at the same table or neighboring tables trying to figure out where they could have gone off to, since no one had see either of them since that moring.

Bo-"I just don't have any clue to where those two could have gone off to?"

Luke-"Well, lets see they could have gone shopping for a wedding dress, or a tux."

Uncle Jesse-'No, I don't thnk they did any of those things."

Rosco-"Well did they leave a note Jesse?"

Uncle Jesse-"No, they didn't that's why i'm so confused."

Just then the telephone rang, and Uncle Jesse went over to answer it.

"This is Jesse Duke speakin'.....where are you?....you're where?....you did?.....Is he ok?..that's good.......ok see ya in acoulpe of days."

Bo-"Who was that?"

Uncle Jesse(with a big grin on is face)-"That was Daisy."

Luke-'Where is she?"

Uncle Jesse-"Well her and Enos went over to Chickamahony, and go married this mornin', and they won't be back until saturday."

Rosco-'That figures, that dipstick didn't even ask for those days off."

Well finally Daisy and Enos had gotten married after a big ordeal, and everyone was happy for them. Enos had left a note on Rosco's desk in his office, but Rosco didn't find it until they came back and Enos had asked him if he had found the note. Since Enos left a note and hadn't used any of his annual three days of paid vacation they still had to pay him, which made Boss really mad, so he took it out of Rosco's pay.

~~~~~~THE END~~~~~~