This is SO cool!

EJD

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've always wondered:

What do they do w/ the Chargers when they're done w/ them? Do they just go to a junkyard or do they re-build them to jump again?

Was thinking if I ever got my own '69, then I'd have to find it in a junkyard as it would be pretty cheap.. or at least that's my hope anyway..

• 1 month later...

I've seen this clip a very long time ago,and It tore me up to see people wrecking such an awsome car,especially when it's so hard to fullfill my dreams of having one.

I know a guy who has a blue and white vinyl top charger,and when he let me drive it around town,I felt I was in 7th heaven,such a big car when you sit in it,imagine my feeling when I drove it....woooooowwwwww!!!!!

I told him,if her ever sells it,I want first offer,guess what it'll look like once I get my hands on it.....lol!

Don't worry dukefan. That car they jumped was a wreck.It was a 68 conversion to a 69 and every panel on the car was literally covered in bondo.It took a combination of 2 or 3 cars to piece together this car.In fact it had a total of 5 gallons of bondo in the car! The grill was held in by zip ties and the windshield held by duct tape. Believe me you would not have wanted to attempt to restore this hulk when they first started on it. The car looked good from 20 feet away but up close a disaster.I was there to witness this jump.

TimDuke

Male, 40-49, Midwest US

1 Posts Wednesday, March 01, 2006 5:56:58 PM

For anyone dissing this jump,let me give you some facts.The car was specially built for this jump from donated pieces from 3 different cars.The ultimate care was taken as far as safety devices for the stunt driver.The driver is one of the best stunt drivers in Hollywood who did Dukes back when it was filmed.He purposely asked for no counter ballast in the trunk as he explained to me the front takes the brunt of the impact and less chance of back injury than to land on all 4 tires and no if you don't know about Dukes of Hazzard this jump would mean nothing to you. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You tell them Tim. :D

Isn't that jump on one of the season dvd extras?