The Dukes of Hazzard R/C

Found it on ebay. Looks like a custom-made job...that ain't even done yet. Seller says it'll be done by end of October or early November? Seller is also a newer ebay member, doin' business since Feb 2005.

It looks interestin', but it ain't an "offical" product. Don't expect a warranty. Would be fun to have though, wouldn't it?

Auction ends in 6 days. Here's a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dukes-Of-Hazzard-General-Lee-Custom-RC-Car-Large-scale_W0QQitemZ6002909939QQcategoryZ20908QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• 3 weeks later...

I have to admit, I found this toy at Walmart, I bought it for myself, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. The car itself doesn't have a dixie horn, but there's a seperate little gadget that you can press a button on, to get it.

The car itself handles better and goes faster than I expected for the price. (Around thirty-five bucks.) A cute touch, is the little orange parking lamps in the front of the car actually work. So do the taillights when it's in reverse.

I have looked for the RC General Lee at other stores, but I have only found it at Walmart so far. So if you see one - you might want to buy it when you have the chance!

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

EJD I'm in the UK as are you :D

I run an R/C car club and an R/C General Lee is music to my ears, I know it's not really for racing , but it looks a great scale model!

£39 isn't so bad, it's $49.95 in dollars at some online shops , that's our usual conversion, sometimes the same in UK pounds sterling as in US dollars.

We have a store called 'Asda' which was bought up by Walmart, I wonder if they'll be stocking it - it would be nice !!

I still want to build a General Lee that goes fast and will jump and survive to jump again, I have a large Charger shell and replica secal set, but I don't have a car with a wheelbase to match - The darn things so long :p I know really it should be real wheel drive, possibly prop driven (most cars are all-wheel drive at the moment)

I really hope it comes to the UK, we do have ebay and that's another option !!

I love it, I love it Good News Good News :)

That's the body I have, the HPI one, cost's about £25 alone , it comes with a chunk of an engine sticking out of the bonnet, but there is an extra piece to 'blank' it over.

I think it'll go on a Tamiya car with a chassis extention, I don't want it on a silly monster truck, only thing is I don't think there are many wheels that match the real General. That's where the toy ones beat true models, attention to detail !