Dr. Cobra's psychology: Why we dream of Dukes

The Silver Cobra

I have noticed postings on this forum about recurring dreams of being chased...by Rosco P. Coltraine. I have dreamed many times about the Dukes, and after studying the phenomena, have discovered the cause.

We often dream of being chased. This happens to many people. Duke fans associate being chased with the General Lee, automatically. Therefore, it is not likely that Duke fans can dream of being chased without dreaming of the Dukes.

My first dream of this sort began by me being chased by a great flying beast of some sort. After a way down the road, however, the beast turned into Rosco, and I was in a car. I was eventually caught and had to outsmart Boss Hogg to let me go. After that I went out the the General Lee where the Dukes were waiting for me. I realized at that moment that I was one of the Dukes, and have dreamed of it ever since.

Is it just the association, or are the Dukes really reaching out to us in our subconcious dreams? Is that Hazzard's hospitality, letting us be a part of a world we love so much.

Awright, group therapy!! Here we go.

Your subconcious mind naturally brings up things, places and people that you spend a lot of your wakin' hours on. For example, I dream about my day gig a lot. Sad but true.

But, I offset dread responsibility with intense goofin' around in all that is Hazzard. So I've had car-chase dreams too. And if I'm working on a fanfic for months on end, it's not unusual for a scene to end up in a dream - messed up and weird, but recognizable.

Beware of dreamin' about those General Lee jumps, though. Ever dream that you're falling? Imagine dreaming about falling with a car, with the nose pointed down, and the car is starting to flip over on it's roof. I think that one was a "9" on the cardiac-to-wake-up-to scale. Yeeeek!!

Brian

Wished I had dreams 'bout the Dukes.

I'm watching episodes and wrighting fanfic's late al the time, but no dreams though.

To bad! Guess my life just ain't that exciting I can't relate anything with being chased. (LOL)

On the other hand, maybe it's for the better, cause I woul'd never wanna wake-up if I did.

Lov,

JM