The Ghost of General Lee

• 2 weeks later...

That too is one of my top favorite episodes. :D

If yall remember when Boss was chasin the General Lee, they came to a train crossing, and a train was coming! :-o That train is my favorite! :p In addition to being a Dukes fan, Im a Railfan (someone who likes trains). You can see in my avatar picture. Also, if yall happen to watch that episode again, you will see what I mean. ;)

That too is one of my top favorite episodes. :D

If yall remember when Boss was chasin the General Lee, they came to a train crossing, and a train was coming! :-o That train is my favorite! :p In addition to being a Dukes fan, Im a Railfan (someone who likes trains). You can see in my avatar picture. Also, if yall happen to watch that episode again, you will see what I mean. ;)

Yes I'm a railfan too. I can't decide where I'm going on vacation this year. Either to the Conyers/Covington area to see where the first 5 episodes were filmed or to Wyoming to see all those coal trains being loaded in the mines.

Yes I'm a railfan too. I can't decide where I'm going on vacation this year. Either to the Conyers/Covington area to see where the first 5 episodes were filmed or to Wyoming to see all those coal trains being loaded in the mines.

Cool. I myself would LOVE to go to Conyers and Covington too. In One Armed Bandits I saw the Dukes pass a train station. I wonder if the tracks are still used :confused:. Thats my kinda place, General Lee and Trains :roll:8-).

• 1 year later...

personally although i liked the episode i couldn't believe that the boys were dead. I mean seriously after all the good driving the boys had done in the previous season I didn't believe that he'd just suddenly go into the pond.

another thing I didn't find believable was that a shirt and a pair of pants was enough to make everyone believe the boys were dead. Wouldn't it be more logical if they found bodies. No bodies, you can't prove their dead.

Maybe I'm thinking too much like a Vulcan about it or what I just said didn't make much sense, but the lake scene didn't make much sense and wasn't very believable to me.

LJ-Davenport

• 12 years later...

Becky Mae's Mother:"Now, I don't know what mischief you Dukes are up to! But I don't want you comin' around makin' trouble! Every time y'all come up here, my cow dries up, an' my hens stop layin'! Now git!" Luke:"Yes mam! Right away!" Bo:"Well, why are we runnin' around lookin' fer clothes?" Luke:"You got me. But I learned somethin' though Bo. A man ain't truly been insulted until he's stood buck naked in front of a woman, an' she didn't even notice." Bo:"Or care."

Edited by Skipper Duke

• 1 year later...

Although there are also others that definitely qualify for the spooky aspects,  and I’ll get to them eventually, because it is nearing the fall and Halloween season, I decided to rewatch “Ghost of General Lee”. 

I remember watching this one when it originally aired as a kid, and I’ll never forget it! It actually tugged at some very genuine heart strings and emotions, and was very popular at the time! 

However, one thing that I’ve not really ever given much thought before until now, is towards the beginning when they think the Duke boys have gone into & drowned in the pond, Rosco makes the comment that he can’t swim! What?? :-o How many times did he go into ponds himself...and have no trouble getting out? 

I find that statement pretty silly & non-believable...especially for DOH! But, I guess we’re supposed to just go with it for this one episode. :wink: Overall it’s one of my favorites...as a kid & as an adult. :cheers:

14 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

It is a great episode. Rosco wouldn't lie in a situation like that so I'm guessing that none of those ponds were too deep. 

That reminds me....Cletus had a learn to swim book in one episode because he was having a similiar problem. LOL

No, Rosco wouldn’t lie...in that kind of situation, lol! But, overall it just seemed odd considering how many times he ended up in ponds or rivers & was never scared or freaked out in those times. ;)