"Blue Collar TV" gives Hazzard a PC makeover

Officer Barbrady

I was reading my copy of Entertainment Weekly, and this issue happened to be the fall TV preview. The info for Blue Collar TV (Foxworthy, Engvall, and Mr. Git-r-done's show) does provide an interesting episode preview.

The executive producer mentions that in one episode "We do a politically correct Dukes of Hazzard. They've changed the Confederate flag to a rainbow with a unicorn, so as not to offend anybody. And Boss Hogg is now black."

Interesting....I really can't imagine a PC Hazzard. Any of y'all feel the same?

The executive producer mentions that in one episode "We do a politically correct Dukes of Hazzard. They've changed the Confederate flag to a rainbow with a unicorn, so as not to offend anybody. And Boss Hogg is now black."

I can't see a PC Hazzard either but already I see some flaws in their slaw.

The flag being a rainbow with a unicorn could very well be a subliminal poke at gays and lesbians, which will offend somebody. And making Boss Hogg black will offend the blacks as Boss was, as we all know, corrupt, sneaky, greedy and...well fill in your own descriptions about him. LOL. Anyway, blacks will be offended that a brother would be protrayed in such a light.

So, in turn their PC Hazzard won't be PC at all. Which might be their whole point. ROFL.

Shame on Foxworthy tho'... after saying at the 2005 CMT Music Awards about the big screen movie "They shouldn't mess with a classic!" I would think those boys would just leave well enough alone.

• 1 month later...

Come on Ya'll. It's called comedy. For starters, you've got about 25% of the American population that absolutely love DOH, and 75% that think the show was something put in place to lure people to fly rebel flags, play Dixie, and yell yeehaw while giving the finger to authority and minorities. All of us true DOH fans know different though. I think Foxworthy was simply talking to the 75% people. If they can pass judgement that we are nothing but a bunch of butt pickin', hillbilly, grease monkies, just because we like to watch the Gen Lee fly through the air..........well then, I believe Foxworthy can poke a little fun at the politically correct, corn holin', limp wristed, limp #@!%, put your kid in a corner don't spank 'em, (grit?.....what's a grit?), mouth breathin', pinko, sissy, whiners!!!!!! There. I'm glad I could get that off my chest. True comedy is achieved when you get the people who want to make fun of you to watch you make fun of yourself. But, only long enough to take the comedy and turn it about 30 degrees off course. This, gets them to start sweatin'. Then, you hit them with the full 180. Watch the look on their faces. Pissed off looks funny from a comedians point of view.

Foxworthy has been at it long enough to know what's funny. Making a "PC" Dukes skit is kind of like him giving the finger to the 75%.

"Life's a Garden. Dig it!"