Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke

DaneyDuke

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We liked this episode too. Some say "Luke's Love Story" is the "Luke is a jerk" episode, but he ain't nearly the jerk in that one that he is in this one! My goodness, if Tom wasn't already cast as Luke Duke, he'da made one heck of a great villian. That look in his eyes just made you want to shudder. eeeee <sudders>

Oh yeah, and Bo certainly did show a lot of growing up, teaming up with Daisy as well as Enos when Luke was in trouble. And I liked Bo's line, "Sorry about this cousin, but it's for your own good" and he throws Luke over the hood. Shows Luke sliding across the hood on his head for the first time (I think).

• 4 weeks later...

Much like Jimmie's double role in Too Many Rosco's when he seemed to be enjoying playing the bad guy Woody, Tom looks like he's enjoying being such a $*!!% in this episode. LOL. The things he says to dang near everybody was vicious. The epitome of vicious for me was the scene at the farm house when they sit down to have lunch and Luke goes right ahead and serves himself while Jesse's saying grace and then he's disgusted by the food and he walks out. And then when Bo storms out after him he practically blew the porch door off the hinges!

Great episode. Watching the cast interact with one of them being 360 degrees the other way is great to watch.

he did indeed get fiesty........ but who didn't like that? At least a lil' bit? I know i did. Seeing Luke get away from the family was not what i figured would happen but the 'fun' he had...... Come on ....... I'm sure everyone here's wanted to just plow through some mailboxes before... right? I know i have. tehehehe. Sorry MaryAnne. This was one of my favorite episodes as well.

I always liked this one; this was one of the first episodes I remember watching.

I was kind of partial to the Hayride from Hell scene...or is is Hayride To Hell? :evil: Either way, it was a helluva lot more realistic than Bo "jumping" the patrol car into the stock miniature truck, landing on the tires and bouncing back onto the road....in one piece.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Now, I am one of the biggest fans of Tom Wopat, in this one....I just didn't like him....he wasn't a Duke at all and It scared me...I was rootin for Bo all the way, I wanted Bo to knock some sense into him! It really got me when he talked bad to Uncle Jesse in the house too...I was screaming at the tv! course mom looked at me funny, Im sorry but this was one time I didn't like Luke lol and its hard for me to say that to!

I really enjoyed Dr. Jekyell and Mr. Duke. Great episode.

I thought it was a nice change. Usually the Dukes are such great people, so (don't get me wrong here) it was nice to see them out of their element, you might say.

I don't think the rest of the family enjoyed that one too much, though. I think they were scarred silly. I liked it, though!

General Grant

General Grant, this might be the first time I've ever disagreed with you. I love all the Dukes episodes. Even the episode I like the least (Strange Visitor in Hazzard) is better than any other (non-Dukes) show I've ever seen on television or in the movies. That being said, the Dr Jekyell show would rank in my bottom 10 of Dukes episodes. I know it wasn't Luke's fault that he behaved that way but it was still tough for me to watch. It was also tough to watch the episodes where Dukes are hypnotized. During any of those shows all I can focus on is looking foward to when they become themselves again.

Sorry 'bout that Roger!

I do like the Dukes as themselves, of course, but I thought that it was a nice (okay, maybe that isn't the right word...) episode. I can imaging that Tom had fun with that one. I am sure that after so many years of doing the same character, the change is a welcomed one. I am sure that he was glad to get Luke back, though. I was glad that Luke wasn't permanetly that way!

Sorry Roger, but I actually liked Strange Visitor to Hazzard, and I don't even believe in aliens! I just thought it was funny. Then again, I don't think there is an episode I could really say I downright don't like!

Catch y'all later.

General Grant

Roger- I am sorry that we disagree about this one. :cry:

Hey Roger...

I dont think you dislike the epiosde, I think like many of us that you dislike the fact Luke is being so oranay and out of character. The way that Tom plays it makes us all feel uncomfortable and not being able to wait till he got back to being himself again, thus putting us in the place of the Duke Family. By commenting that you wanted Luke back to himself again, as many of us do, the episode obviously does what the writers intended which was to make us be drawn into the action and captivated by the desire to want Luke back again. So actually maybe what you should be saying is that you don't like the fact Luke is so out of character and mean, but it is one of the better episodes because of the way it makes us feel. :-P Can you tell I dont want people to not like this episode so much? lol