The earliest we could expect to hear news about a sequel?

Whats the earliest we could expect to hear news about a sequel? I realize it's still in theatres and we have the DVD sales to look forward to, but I'm just wondering what it will take for the WB to declare the movie a success as well as greenlight a sequel. Also, I wonder if any of the cast were signed ahead of time in case a sequel was given the go ahead or whether or not is was just a one picture deal to begin with.

Well I'm not sure it made its money back yet. I think we still have 2 mill or something to make. And its slipping from the top 10 very quickly. Next week I'm sure it will get bumped. After taht I think it depends no how much it makes on DVD sales and its legs in the theaters.

Just because a flick makes big bucks in the box office doesnt mean that its time for a sequel! :-? in all honesty a sequel would ruin the dukes movie.

a sequel just wouldnt work (as much as id like to see one) with the general public.

"yea, ive seen the jumps, sliding across the hood, rosco, what more is there to tell?"

is what im afraid of hearing. but this is just one mans opinion.

im gone.

-Brad

Back, I hear what you're saying. Much to my dismay though, logic hardly plays into the making of sequels. I mean there was a Speed 2. And I heard rumors that Andrew Lloyd Webber was working on a Phantom of the Opera 2. What it all comes down to is....can more money be made?

Divia - Exactly . They have to milk it for every last penny. And if there is money to be made in a sequel then the studios will make one.

But I am pretty sure as I read somewhere that the actors in the movie are contracted for a second one if certain money goals were met. I am not sure of the actual wording or if there is an actual contract like that, just going going by what I read somewhere ( remember not everything you read on the 'net is true ) .

We shall see what the future holds for another Dukes movie...

I'm gone

Darrell

GAAAAAAAH!!! It must be true!! *gasp* <THUD>

Sequels!! Which means.....years of us all analyzin' and squabblin' and bickerin' and pickin' apart everything!

Which means....dammit, I've got to clean up some of these bazillion pages of old posts, so we can make room for the new bellyachin' and carryin' on and wild speculation we all gotta engage in!!

But...London? What's with this London gig, is that true? What, is this gonna be like a Smokey and the Bandit motive, where the Dukes are on some mad quest for fish and chips? Help me out, heah....

Brian

From what I have heard about the sequel, they are ripping off "The Dukes" cartoon series, where they race the General around the world, against Boss and Roscoe, who are scheming to win the big paycheck by using illegal racers to take out the Dukes. London is just a brief stop...but what do I know...I'm just a guy who would like to become a famous screenwriter...but all the good jobs are taken by guys who think they can write and please the "fanboys" but ultimately let them down in the end...

I'm gone...

GAAAAAAAH!!! It must be true!! *gasp* <THUD>

Sequels!! Which means.....years of us all analyzin' and squabblin' and bickerin' and pickin' apart everything!

Which means....dammit, I've got to clean up some of these bazillion pages of old posts, so we can make room for the new bellyachin' and carryin' on and wild speculation we all gotta engage in!!

But...London? What's with this London gig, is that true? What, is this gonna be like a Smokey and the Bandit motive, where the Dukes are on some mad quest for fish and chips? Help me out, heah....

Brian

Brian

Couldn't have said it better than that..That was my EXACT thoughts when I first read about it on the HazzardNet...

Oh Lord , please help us get through another round if there is talk of a sequel..

I'm gone

Darrell

I dont like this idea one bit. ...if they do it.

The thought of them racing around the world is just stupid to me. I'm sorry but it is. Part of what made the Dukes the Dukes was they were in the GA, in the country. That gave em charm. Them racing around into London for exmaple is just really lame.

• 2 months later...

I'm willing to bet it's gonna be as follows (humor me) :

Willie Nelson: Hey, Stifler, Jackass-

Scott and Knoxville: THAT'S BO AND LUKE!

Nelson: Sorry. Someone saw the cross-country race and you boys are going to London to race in the Stanfordton-on-the-marsh-by-the-abbey 500

Simpson: Lame British reference.

Next Scene:

Nelson: Here we are, jolly old England

(up comes General [insert british guy here] complete with union jack and god save the queen horn)

Longfellow Duke: Salutations, cousins, would you like a ride?

Scott: Sure. Ol' General's gettin' shipped over, soon as Cooter fixes him up to racing standards.

voices: hey, cuzes. good to see ya.

(out pop two very familiar faces)

Balladeer: Longfellow, Coy and Vance. See, kids, we did watch the show.

end, for now

If it really is anything like that, and it will be, I'm executing OPERATION: ORANGE SWARM. If you read my previous post, you know what I'm talkin' about.