Boss Hogg is the good guy

Ty68

This might get everyone fired up but....

Did anyone consider that Boss Hogg was not the bad guy? 

Bo and Luke were ex cons running moonshine, they were speeding around all over Hazzard County in the General Lee and refused to pull over when the police were chasing them. Usually ending up in a terrible accident that destroyed one of the sheriffs cruisers. They would drive like Maniacs in the city putting the public in harms way. Meanwhile he has this dumbass relative as a sheriff that would not think to arrest the Duke boys at the Boar's Nest while they were getting liquored up to go on a drunk driving expedition. All of the property damage each week was pretty expensive and Boss Hogg had to turn to crime in order to pay for all of the damage that Sherriff Roscoe and the Duke Boys would cause. No insurance company would insure the Sherriff's Dept of Hazzard County. 

I think Boss Hogg is a misunderstood soul. :)

Thoughts? 

Well I'll take the bait. 

Was Boss a bad guy? Yes and no. He was greedy and went out of his way to cheat innocent people out of money and belongings with only himself in mind. But he never intended harm on anyone. Under that white suit, he did have a heart and did care. As did Rosco. Rosco just attempted to do what Boss told him to do. 

Bo and Luke were ex moonshine makers/runners due to their family business. Still illegal. Still wrong.  But they kept true to their word (for the most part) and stopped the shine business once they were let out on probation. They went out of their way to protect the innocent people from Boss' greed and to do the right thing. And to make sure no one got hurt. They may have gone to the Boar's Nest to have a drink, but I never saw them drive drunk and I don't believe Jesse would ever let the boys do that. That goes beyond all that they stand for, in my opinion. 

All the damage that Rosco did or the boys' could have done, could have been prevented if Hogg didn't hire the bad guys to frame the Duke boys or to rob his own people.

Boss Hogg may have a misunderstood soul, but that's due to his own greed.

There's my two cents worth on it...don't go spend it all at once, now. ;) 

8 hours ago, Ty68 said:

This might get everyone fired up but....

Did anyone consider that Boss Hogg was not the bad guy? 

Bo and Luke were ex cons running moonshine, they were speeding around all over Hazzard County in the General Lee and refused to pull over when the police were chasing them. Usually ending up in a terrible accident that destroyed one of the sheriffs cruisers. They would drive like Maniacs in the city putting the public in harms way. Meanwhile he has this dumbass relative as a sheriff that would not think to arrest the Duke boys at the Boar's Nest while they were getting liquored up to go on a drunk driving expedition. All of the property damage each week was pretty expensive and Boss Hogg had to turn to crime in order to pay for all of the damage that Sherriff Roscoe and the Duke Boys would cause. No insurance company would insure the Sherriff's Dept of Hazzard County. 

I think Boss Hogg is a misunderstood soul. :)

Thoughts? 

Welcome to the HazzardNet Ty. Waylon said many times that things are done differently in Hazzard County.....and he was right. If things were normal in Hazzard County it would have been a pretty boring show. And boring is....well.....boring. And if it was boring, it would have never succeeded. And if it didn't succeed we'd never have had the HazzardNet. And if we never had the HazzardNet, you and I wouldn't be here having this fun conversation. And if we weren't here having this fun conversation we'd probably be doing something like watching a different show on TV. And it wouldn't matter what that different show was....because whatever it was, it wouldn't be as good as The Dukes of Hazzard. And that would be boring.