What I'm Doing Right Now!

7 hours ago, floyd012010 said:

Did you know that the lady that was in this episode was the actress who played Mary Kay in Mary Kay's baby?? I think this is right, someone correct me if I'm wrong 

You're right. Jeannie Wilson played Mary Kaye in 'Mary Kaye's Baby' and Laura Bardsley in 'Treasure of Hazzard'. It's easy to miss as her hair changes from blonde to brunette.

Also, as you go through the seasons, you'll see that Doris Dowling, who appears as Stacy Williams in 'Treasure of Hazzard', comes back as Jenny in 'Go West, Young Dukes'.

4 hours ago, Kait_Tucker said:

Hey guys!

I haven't been here in forever.  I missed you all.  What am I doing now?  Enjoying the last day of my four day weekend while my towels are in the dryer :)  I hope all is well with everyone.

It's pretty good ma'am! ( I'm here in Hazzard looking for others to hang with the other citizens!)  I'm glad you're able to find your way back! I don't know where all the other regulars are!

I'm about to watch some of the DOH  cartoons....I still say they had basically the same plot with just a different city.....Morroco, France, whatever......that's not right! It should've been stuff going on  inside HAZZARD! I love Scooby Doo, Bugs Bunny etc. but I have to fight to keep my attention on DOH cartoons! I can watch the DOH over and over and it still holds my attention but the cartoon....? Forget it. I am, however, forcing myself to watch all of them. My wife got me the whole collection for Christmas many years ago and the pack of DVDs has just sat here by the computer like furniture!

16 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I'm about to watch some of the DOH  cartoons....I still say they had basically the same plot with just a different city.....Morroco, France, whatever......that's not right! It should've been stuff going on  inside HAZZARD! I love Scooby Doo, Bugs Bunny etc. but I have to fight to keep my attention on DOH cartoons! I can watch the DOH over and over and it still holds my attention but the cartoon....? Forget it. I am, however, forcing myself to watch all of them. My wife got me the whole collection for Christmas many years ago and the pack of DVDs has just sat here by the computer like furniture!

I remember you doing this a couple years ago. I like the cartoons. Sure some of them are goofy but they are cartoons after all. The best thing about them is the voices....all original! 

23 hours ago, Kait_Tucker said:

Hey guys!

I haven't been here in forever.  I missed you all.  What am I doing now?  Enjoying the last day of my four day weekend while my towels are in the dryer :)  I hope all is well with everyone.

Good to hear from you again! I've missed you too. So, what is new? Been watching any Dukes lately? 

7 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I remember you doing this a couple years ago. I like the cartoons. Sure some of them are goofy but they are cartoons after all. The best thing about them is the voices....all original! 

It's not that they're goofy...a lot of the DOH episodes are too but it's just they didn't put too much thought into the plots or the  episodes are almost carbon copies.....I find myself doing other stuff while they're on, like typing on here.....

I've noticed in the theme song, they're hard drivin' " Rough necks"....I guess Red Neck is a bad word now!  It's like Jeff Foxworthy on Scooby Doo, he would " If you......you MIGHT be a County Boy!" Don't want to corrupt children's minds with 4 letter words, like Red Neck!

10 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I've noticed in the theme song, they're hard drivin' " Rough necks"....I guess Red Neck is a bad word now!  It's like Jeff Foxworthy on Scooby Doo, he would " If you......you MIGHT be a County Boy!" Don't want to corrupt children's minds with 4 letter words, like Red Neck!

Cousin Hobie... And if you notice, that song is in the tune of Good Ol' Boys from the live action show. :)

17 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

It's not that they're goofy...a lot of the DOH episodes are too but it's just they didn't put too much thought into the plots or the  episodes are almost carbon copies.....I find myself doing other stuff while they're on, like typing on here.....

You are correct. The writing did seem amaterish. But maybe the writers were told to do that because they wanted to attract a young audience in hopes they would be fans of the show for decades...IT WORKED!

17 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I've never heard anybody complain about the label  roughneck. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens someday. Everybody gets so offended so easily now. I'm pretty sure the term came from oil rig workers. I'm not too far from where  The Valley That Changed The World is located. The world's first oil well is named Drake's Well and is a tourist attraction. But I think the term roughneck started in the Texas boom...could be wrong. Redneck came from coal miners. Pretty weird since they didn't get much sun. I believe it was to identify themselves in their gunfights when the labor disputes were going on.