Repo Men

MonacoMan

1 hour ago, MonacoMan said:

What is the deal with the “reactions”...all of a sudden I’m not allowed to leave any anymore?? I’ve never had that happen on fansites before? :blink:

But, sadly yes...anything wholesome, positive, moral, American, etc...is now considered stupid and sometimes not even allowed anymore! :cry: But, Hollywood is paying the price...both figuratively & literally! A large portion of audiences are sick of the woke crap and are not watching. I’ve seen several things recently talking about Hollywood going broke...like they say, go woke go broke! :wink:

But, that’s why I’m so blessed & grateful I grew up when I did, and I got to experience shows like DOH firsthand! I’m also grateful these shows have been put out on home video so I can have them forever anytime I want, regardless of the idiocy of the media & modern Hollywood. :D

I am out of reactions too. Boo.

I agree. Blessed to have known the shows before all this started...this world has gone so backwards. It's sad. 

2 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

I loved Numb3rs. Even emailed CBS when they canceled it half season that I would no longer watch anything on CBS for that...but they outsmarted me and brought in Blue Bloods. I can't turn away from Donnie Wahlberg, so they won. HA! They made up with that and all is forgiven. LOL. I'd love to have CHiPs on DVD. I was obsessed with that show before I became re-obsessed  over the Dukes of Hazzard. 

Sadly in today’s world networks don’t really care about fan response or wants anymore...they do what they want. Blue Bloods is good, although I mainly have watched it because of Tom Selleck...he’s always been one of my heroes since “Magnum”. I don’t think BB would have lasted as long as it has if he hadn’t been as seriously involved. I kind of got out of it though, and haven’t watched much for the past few years.

I haven’t seen CHiPs since reruns on TBS, not long after it had gone off the air. I’d love to see it again...I’ll have to look into getting it soon. For DOH I re-found it in the 90s when reruns were on the cable network TNN, and this was the first time I’d seen the show since it was originally on when I was growing up. I taped some episodes, but I didn’t get the whole show. I didn’t get the entire series to see again until they started releasing it to DVD, around 2004/05. 

20 minutes ago, MonacoMan said:

Sadly in today’s world networks don’t really care about fan response or wants anymore...they do what they want. Blue Bloods is good, although I mainly have watched it because of Tom Selleck...he’s always been one of my heroes since “Magnum”. I don’t think BB would have lasted as long as it has if he hadn’t been as seriously involved. I kind of got out of it though, and haven’t watched much for the past few years.

I haven’t seen CHiPs since reruns on TBS, not long after it had gone off the air. I’d love to see it again...I’ll have to look into getting it soon. For DOH I re-found it in the 90s when reruns were on the cable network TNN, and this was the first time I’d seen the show since it was originally on when I was growing up. I taped some episodes, but I didn’t get the whole show. I didn’t get the entire series to see again until they started releasing it to DVD, around 2004/05. 

I bet you are right about the fan responses and them not caring. Just the whole way they did it at the time was upsetting. My mom likes Tom Selleck and that's why she likes BB. You may be right, but I do believe Donnie has some part of it's long tenure as well.  

I watched CHiPs when it was on TNT back in the day and I was in high school and then DOH came on TNN and caught my attention. I watched the Dukes when I was young and couldn't understand why it wasn't on TV any more. Was glad it was back on. Been a fan ever since...LOL.  I am loyal to a default...so when I like something, I really like it and stick with it...until forever. LOL. You can blame the Cubs for that one probably...i've been a die hard Cubs fan since I was four. I am beyond hope right now. LOL. 

1 hour ago, Garrett Duke said:

I bet you are right about the fan responses and them not caring. Just the whole way they did it at the time was upsetting. My mom likes Tom Selleck and that's why she likes BB. You may be right, but I do believe Donnie has some part of it's long tenure as well.  

I watched CHiPs when it was on TNT back in the day and I was in high school and then DOH came on TNN and caught my attention. I watched the Dukes when I was young and couldn't understand why it wasn't on TV any more. Was glad it was back on. Been a fan ever since...LOL.  I am loyal to a default...so when I like something, I really like it and stick with it...until forever. LOL. You can blame the Cubs for that one probably...i've been a die hard Cubs fan since I was four. I am beyond hope right now. LOL. 

I was a diehard fan of DOH from the beginning...lived and breathed it, Knight Rider, too! I cried when I learned each had been cancelled, but I was 9 when DOH was done & 10 when KR bit the dust. :-P But, I’m the same way...once a show is a favorite or I really like it, I’m loyal—forever! 

Tom Selleck is “The Man” in so many ways to me...who he is & what he stands for, not only on the screen, but in real life too. Donnie Whalberg is cool too, but his character annoys me a lot of the time on BB...but, I think it’s supposed to. :wink:

51 minutes ago, MonacoMan said:

:-P But, I’m the same way...once a show is a favorite or I really like it, I’m loyal—forever! 

I'm the same way. I've only loved a few shows but  Dukes is the only one that lasted a lifetime. Everybody was talking about it in 1979 and when I saw my first episode I was hooked. I'm not sure which one it was but it wasn't too long after the debut.  I was 19 at the time. I'm 7 days younger than John Schneider.

5 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

I am out of reactions too. Boo.

I agree. Blessed to have known the shows before all this started...this world has gone so backwards. It's sad. 

Out of reactions but your words are so true Garrett. It's a shame that kids growing up today will never know the fun we had. Most of them are slaves to a tiny screen glued to their eyeballs that is blocking their view of a wide world. 

37 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

I'm the same way. I've only loved a few shows but  Dukes is the only one that lasted a lifetime. Everybody was talking about it in 1979 and when I saw my first episode I was hooked. I'm not sure which one it was but it wasn't too long after the debut.  I was 19 at the time. I'm 7 days younger than John Schneider.

I’ve loved several shows over the years, but DOH is one of the first. I was a small child when “Dukes” first premiered... I don’t remember which was my first episode to see, either, but I don’t believe it was the Pilot. However, it wasn’t too far into the first season that we started watching...I’m sure my dad was watching & that’s how I first saw it. My mom was never thrilled with Daisy’s shorts, bikini, nor the beer & bar scenarios at the Boar’s Nest, lol! :lol: But, we all lived. :wink: I was hooked too & watched loyally till the end. It will always be a favorite...a fun, but also a comfort show for me! 

I do believe that the Ghost of General Lee is my all time favorite DOH episode. All the characters put so much emotion into that one. Especially Uncle Jesse. I just wanted to hug him at the Boar's Nest when Rosco told him the boys were gone. And the relief and excitement at seeing the boys outside of their wake is enough to make you smile in relief too. 

17 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

I do believe that the Ghost of General Lee is my all time favorite DOH episode. All the characters put so much emotion into that one. Especially Uncle Jesse. I just wanted to hug him at the Boar's Nest when Rosco told him the boys were gone. And the relief and excitement at seeing the boys outside of their wake is enough to make you smile in relief too. 

I actually can’t decide which episode is my all-time favorite, but “Ghost” is definitely one of them! :tup:

19 minutes ago, MonacoMan said:

I have heard of this “goof”...but, I personally don’t remember it? I will have to listen for it the next time I watch the episode. :wink:

Just watch the episode and when the Duke Boys have come back to life and  boss hears them on the CB, he says " Rosco, this is J P Hogg.....let me know if you find it....

Edited by Hobie Hartkins

1 hour ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Just watch the episode and when the Duke Boys have come back to life and  boss hears them on the CB, he says " Rosco, this is J P Hogg.....let me know if you find it....

Lol...this is cool, I’ve not noticed this before!  I’ll have to watch it soon and look/listen  specifically for that. I can’t at the moment, though. :wink: Not at home.