Repo Men

MonacoMan

Love this episode, and I wish Jerry Rushing had had a recurring role as Ace, and shown up in more episodes...considering he basically was DOH, as they created the show mainly based off his real-life story!

But, the supposed Richard Petty wreck that Bo & Luke buy from Ace, is said to have been referred to as “Lee 1”...as it was originally a Charger turned into the General Lee—and was supposedly the very first jump on the show, in the Pilot. Which is said to be the jump over Rosco, in front of the Oxford College in Georgia, and forever included in the show’s opening.

It totaled the car (obviously :-P) and later was repainted & used as the wreck in this episode. The car was later found & rescued from a junk yard. The remains were sold multiple times over the years. However, the current owner is the one who finally had it totally restored to a General Lee. 

But, in my opinion this is somewhat inaccurate...it wasn’t the very first jump on the show! The very first jump was literally in the opening scene as the show premiered, and the General & Rosco jump over the railroad tracks. The “college” jump was later in the episode. 

However, perhaps it was the very first jump filmed, and that’s what they mean? 

Edited by MonacoMan

6 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

Love this episode, and I wish Jerry Rushing had had a recurring role as Ace, and shown up in more episodes...considering he basically was DOH, as they created the show mainly based off his real-life story!

But, the supposed Richard Petty wreck that Bo & Luke buy from Ace, is said to have been referred to as “Lee 1”...as it was originally a Charger turned into the General Lee—and was supposedly the very first jump on the show, in the Pilot. Which is said to be the jump over Rosco, in front of the Oxford College in Georgia, and forever included in the show’s opening.

It totaled the car (obviously :-P) and later was repainted & used as the wreck in this episode. The car was later found & rescued from a junk yard. The remains were sold multiple times over the years. However, the current owner is the one who finally had it totally restored to a General Lee. 

But, in my opinion this is somewhat inaccurate...it wasn’t the very first jump on the show! The very first jump was literally in the opening scene as the show premiered, and the General & Rosco jump over the railroad tracks. The “college” jump was later in the episode. 

However, perhaps it was the very first jump filmed, and that’s what they mean? 

Cuzin MonacoMan... As the Fonz Happy Days says "Exactamondo" scenes were shown out of sequence. The "actual" 1st jump is indeed the college. But not the 1st that we see. We see Elm St. 1st.

Y'all are so smart on all the nitty gritty information. There needs to be more time in the day so I can go back and watch it again. It's been forever since I actually watched a show. *GASP*  But I loved the whole Richard Petty reference. LOL. Y'all do realize I got my love for NASCAR from the Dukes...

43 minutes ago, Garrett Duke said:

Y'all are so smart on all the nitty gritty information. There needs to be more time in the day so I can go back and watch it again. It's been forever since I actually watched a show. *GASP*  But I loved the whole Richard Petty reference. LOL. Y'all do realize I got my love for NASCAR from the Dukes...

I binge watch whatever show I’m going through (and I have tons—I want my own copies, so other than Netflix I don’t do much streaming) every night before bed. But, I’m a night-owl, so I can sometimes go through a disc a night. :wink:

I’m actually currently going through Knight Rider, as a while back I got the Blu-ray set. But, DOH is always around in my house...and I watch episodes of it fairly regularly, too. I usually watch DOH in my basement family room, as that’s where I have all my memorabilia set up. :spin: I grew up with both shows, and are 2 of my all-time favorites!

I really wish DOH would get a remastered Blu-ray release...but with the whole woke cancel-culture garbage over the rebel flag, I doubt it’ll ever happen. But, I’m grateful for the DVDs! :tup:

1 minute ago, MonacoMan said:

I binge watch whatever show I’m going through (and I have tons—I want my own copies, so other than Netflix I don’t do much streaming) every night before bed. But, I’m a night-owl, so I can sometimes go through a disc a night. :wink:

I’m actually currently going through Knight Rider, as a while back I got the Blu-ray set. But, DOH is always around in my house...and I watch episodes of it fairly regularly, too. I usually watch DOH in my basement family room, as that’s where I have all my memorabilia set up. :spin: I grew up with both shows, and are 2 of my all-time favorites!

I really wish DOH would get a remastered Blu-ray release...but with the whole woke cancel-culture garbage over the rebel flag, I doubt it’ll ever happen. But, I’m grateful for the DVDs! :tup:

I'm the same with collecting favorite series and such. Just no time to watch them.  Sounds like you have a fun collection. 

15 minutes ago, MonacoMan said:

I like the DVD's just fine. It's just something more for us to buy!  It's like before DVD's, I have them all on VHS. It's just like LP's vs. CD's vs. cassettes! I was just fine with my cassettes. I'd buy the LP and tape it on Cassette and then save the LP. ( I had to re-tape every now and then when the tape dropped or was eaten up.) But NOW.......ohhhhh nooo!  :angry::angry::angry:

P.S. It's ok though....I'll come back here in a little bit ( Days of Shine and Roses is finishing up)  after I go to the bank,  and watch some more.....I'll keep you guys updated....I know you waiting with bated breath!   :)  ....and watch some more as I enjoy Duke Day ( Friday)  with my fav,. show and some adult beveriges!  :) 

Edited by Hobie Hartkins

12 minutes ago, Garrett Duke said:

I'm the same with collecting favorite series and such. Just no time to watch them.  Sounds like you have a fun collection. 

The only time I usually get is at night. I do have an interesting & even somewhat eclectic collection of shows from all decades (50s-Present), as well as tons of movies, both old & new. I usually have something to watch. :wink:

2 minutes ago, MonacoMan said:

The only time I usually get is at night. I do have an interesting & even somewhat eclectic collection of shows from all decades (50s-Present), as well as tons of movies, both old & new. I usually have something to watch. :wink:

You do have a good variety to watch! I got the Dukes, Blue Bloods (minus the last couple of seasons), and Numb3rs. I use to have a season of Sandford and Son and I'd love to have Starsky and Hutch as well as C.H.i.P.s but I don't have the money to add onto my collection or the time to watch them.  Maybe in four years when I graduate and am done with my online college classes...LOL 

4 minutes ago, MonacoMan said:

That's good. You are not a prisoner of all the anti-American Commie Anti-white stuff they're putting on the Tube nowadays!

4 minutes ago, Garrett Duke said:

You do have a good variety to watch! I got the Dukes, Blue Bloods (minus the last couple of seasons), and Numb3rs. I use to have a season of Sandford and Son and I'd love to have Starsky and Hutch as well as C.H.i.P.s but I don't have the money to add onto my collection or the time to watch them.  Maybe in four years when I graduate and am done with my online college classes...LOL 

Sanford and Son is one of my all time favorites..I have ALL of them in a collection, juat like the Dukes!

* See you guys back here in Hazzard, in about an hour! 

Edited by Hobie Hartkins

1 minute ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I like the DVD's just fine. It's just something more for us to buy!  It's like before DVD's, I have them all on VHS. It's just like LP's vs. CD's vs. cassettes! I was just fine with my cassettes. I'd buy the LP and tape it on Cassette and then save the LP. ( I had to re-tape every now and then when the tape dropped or was eaten up.) But NOW.......ohhhhh nooo!  :angry::angry::angry:

The DVDs are fine, and I’m grateful for them. But, especially with older shows, there is a definite difference between DVD & Blu-ray quality! From Knight Rider, Charlie’s Angels, Miami Vice, Magnum p.i., etc...the colors & picture quality are amazing on Blu-ray, even compared to the original DVD sets! 

But, how I do remember taping episodes of shows like mad, on VHS to try and get the whole show! :lol: It was fun at one time, but then became a huge pain in the butt...especially if whatever network took the show off before I got all the episodes—it took me almost 10 years & at least 2-3 different cable networks to finally get the entire Charlie’s Angels series on tape... and around that time they then started to release it to DVD, lol! :cornfused: 

Plus, if one tape got “eaten” by the VCR, or wouldn’t play right after so many years of viewing...then you were screwed! So, I am very happy with digital home video products. But, I still have my VHS tapes of my shows boxed up...I can’t get rid of them, too sentimental to me I guess. :)

1 minute ago, MonacoMan said:

The DVDs are fine, and I’m grateful for them. But, especially with older shows, there is a definite difference between DVD & Blu-ray quality! From Knight Rider, Charlie’s Angels, Miami Vice, Magnum p.i., etc...the colors & picture quality are amazing on Blu-ray, even compared to the original DVD sets! 

But, how I do remember taping episodes of shows like mad, on VHS to try and get the whole show! :lol: It was fun at one time, but then became a huge pain in the butt...especially if whatever network took the show off before I got all the episodes—it took me almost 10 years & at least 2-3 different cable networks to finally get the entire Charlie’s Angels series on tape... and around that time they then started to release it to DVD, lol! :cornfused: 

Plus, if one tape got “eaten” by the VCR, or wouldn’t play right after so many years of viewing...then you were screwed! So, I am very happy with digital home video products. But, I still have my VHS tapes of my shows boxed up...I can’t get rid of them, too sentimental to me I guess. :)

I don't have a Blu ray Player so I'm OK either way...

But I do have DOH on VHS as well as DVD. I don't have a VHS player any more since I couldn't get it hooked up thanks to the antenna I have to have...but I have them on DVD. They are Dukes, so I can't get rid of them. LOL  

6 minutes ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

That's good. You are not a prisoner of all the anti-American Commie Anti-white stuff they're putting on the Tube nowadays!

Definitely not!! I was born in the 70s, but not only grew up with current shows of that time & beyond, but I got to grow up with shows from the 50s & 60s too—thanks to Nick-at-Nite & TBS back in the-day. I do not  like a lot of current shows...as they’re purposely created with anti-American, anti-moral, racial, divisive, and woke/cancel culture themes. 

7 minutes ago, Garrett Duke said:

I don't have a Blu ray Player so I'm OK either way...

But I do have DOH on VHS as well as DVD. I don't have a VHS player any more since I couldn't get it hooked up thanks to the antenna I have to have...but I have them on DVD. They are Dukes, so I can't get rid of them. LOL  

I have region free Blu-ray players in my living room & bedroom. But, the basement family room TV still has an old DVD/VCR combo hooked up...so I can watch some old VHS tapes down there for the fun of it, if I want. :D

23 minutes ago, Garrett Duke said:

I remember Numb3rs...that was a good show! I have Starsky & Hutch on DVD, but I too still need to get C.H.i.P.s—thanks for reminding me of one I need to acquire yet! :awesome: I think my Walmart has a Complete Series DVD set on sale right now. 

1 hour ago, MonacoMan said:

Definitely not!! I was born in the 70s, but not only grew up with current shows of that time & beyond, but I got to grow up with shows from the 50s & 60s too—thanks to Nick-at-Nite & TBS back in the-day. I do not  like a lot of current shows...as they’re purposely created with anti-American, anti-moral, racial, divisive, and woke/cancel culture themes. 

I can't give anymore signs today but THUMBS UP COUSIN!! of course if you were talking  about anything depraved sick, anti-family, unAmerican ....you're ok.....THAT'S how far down we've gone! HERE...in Hazzard, we don't have to put up with all of that! :)

3 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

Cuzin Garrett Duke... Outta reactions so ❤ for you.

54 minutes ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I can't give anymore signs today but THUMBS UP COUSIN!! of course if you were talking  about anything depraved sick, anti-family, unAmerican ....you're ok.....THAT'S how far down we've gone! HERE...in Hazzard, we don't have to put up with all of that! :)

What is the deal with the “reactions”...all of a sudden I’m not allowed to leave any anymore?? I’ve never had that happen on fansites before? :blink:

But, sadly yes...anything wholesome, positive, moral, American, etc...is now considered stupid and sometimes not even allowed anymore! :cry: But, Hollywood is paying the price...both figuratively & literally! A large portion of audiences are sick of the woke crap and are not watching. I’ve seen several things recently talking about Hollywood going broke...like they say, go woke go broke! :wink:

But, that’s why I’m so blessed & grateful I grew up when I did, and I got to experience shows like DOH firsthand! I’m also grateful these shows have been put out on home video so I can have them forever anytime I want, regardless of the idiocy of the media & modern Hollywood. :D

3 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

I remember Numb3rs...that was a good show! I have Starsky & Hutch on DVD, but I too still need to get C.H.i.P.s—thanks for reminding me of one I need to acquire yet! :awesome: I think my Walmart has a Complete Series DVD set on sale right now. 

I loved Numb3rs. Even emailed CBS when they canceled it half season that I would no longer watch anything on CBS for that...but they outsmarted me and brought in Blue Bloods. I can't turn away from Donnie Wahlberg, so they won. HA! They made up with that and all is forgiven. LOL. I'd love to have CHiPs on DVD. I was obsessed with that show before I became re-obsessed  over the Dukes of Hazzard.