Luke—Making Sushi??

MonacoMan

Possible Spoiler Alert:

I watched an episode of Murder, She Wrote a while ago from the last season (Season 12) called “Kendo Killing”, from January 1996. I don’t remember seeing this one when it originally aired, although I saw the majority of the show during its original run.

But, it guest starred Tom Wopat, was set in Japan, and dealt with a lot of Japanese traditions—including sword fighting. However, Tom isn’t exactly the honest, trustworthy ‘Luke Duke’ in this! :o :-P

I’m not even going to try and post pictures of him from the episode here, as I can never get this site to allow me to do it. :angry: It always claims they’re supposedly too big no matter what I do. :roll: But, for those interested & have never seen the episode, it is kind of wild & fun to watch! :tup:  

Edited by MonacoMan

• MonacoMan changed the title to Luke—Making Sushi??

Sometimes it’s shocking or strange seeing an actor that’s so engrained in our minds as one type of character, play a totally different one. But, to me that’s what makes them more interesting & proves versatility with their craft. :D

As much as we love certain “characters”...we have to remember that the actors are not usually like them in real life. That’s why they call it “acting”. :wink:

However, I would think that an actor would bring a certain amount of him or herself to a character the longer they play it. :tup: 

13 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

Sometimes it’s shocking or strange seeing an actor that’s so engrained in our minds as one type of character, play a totally different one. But, to me that’s what makes them more interesting & proves versatility with their craft. :D

:tup: 

True. Young actors should never allow themselves to fall in a rut.

After all those years of watching Andy Griffith I remember I didn't like seeing him as a bad guy....I can't remember where....wasn't a series....movie I think. 

And I will never watch Schwarzenegger or Stallone in any of their comedy stuff....no way! I won't criticize anybody else for doing it but it's not for me.

7 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

True. Young actors should never allow themselves to fall in a rut.

After all those years of watching Andy Griffith I remember I didn't like seeing him as a bad guy....I can't remember where....wasn't a series....movie I think. 

And I will never watch Schwarzenegger or Stallone in any of their comedy stuff....no way! I won't criticize anybody else for doing it but it's not for me.

True, many times actors who have played a certain type of character on a show that becomes immensely popular have a hard time getting other types of roles later on...they become typecast.

So, if they get chances to play the opposite and/or something completely different than what they’ve played before, they’ll usually do it. But, sometimes it’s very difficult seeing an actor you’ve loved in one role suddenly playing something completely opposite. Other times it’s kind of fun & interesting. 

I’ve seen a couple of the “Dukes” actors, Angela Lansbury herself from MSW, the ‘Angels’ from Charlie’s Angels, Raymond Burr from Perry Mason, etc...all play bad guys/gals in other things. It’s strange...but kind of cool to see them do completely different things.

I’ll be honest though and say I’m not an Andy Griffith fan, as from what I understand he was not that nice in real life...but, again I have to remind myself that these folks are not really the characters they play. They were/are actors. Arnold Schwarzenegger is hilarious in Kindergarten Cop (1990) :lol:, by the way. But, I usually prefer his more serious action roles. :tup: