Confessions On What I Do ( Confession is good for the soul! LOL!)

Hobie Hartkins

OK....I've been watching  Dukes ever since they've been on and now for many years, I've been watching them when I go to bed at night. I'm usually gone in minutes...if not sooner!   My mother and my wife always said, it's because they're boring! ( All of us know that's not so!)  I think it's because they're comforting.....the place and the life where I wish I lived! Well anyway, just like we all have   episodes  we don't like  ( Strange Visitor or whatever the alien  episode is)  and we have a list of favorite  ones too. Mine are Days of Shine and Roses , Two Too MANY ROSCOES  etc.  Well, since the TV,  even with cable, lacks much of anything to watch, I'm going to start watching more Dukes at night  ( after Jeopardy of course!) ....Hey, more Dukes, how can I go wrong??? 

I never liked Strange Visitor...writers were really grasping I feel like. But it has Bo and Luke in it...so how bad can it be? ;)  I love the emotions they put in "The Ghost of General Lee" and the last episode of the series. I loved when they made up in Carnival of Thrills...but I hate to see Bo and Luke fight. There's so much to love about the show. Glad you are able to get back to Hazzard...wish I lived in Hazzard too. . .

Have you ever noticed one of the jokes that they play on the show....Gold Fever......every car was a " Limousine"........lol.... the car they wrecked at the first of the show was a " limosine" , they got away in Boss' courtesy limosine....lol!! It was a 4 door heap! LOL! They talked about this being a limousine and that being a limosine ...Ha! Ha! but they were all just regular cars!

Edited by Hobie Hartkins

I don't like Strange Visitor To Hazzard.  It doesn't fit the series.  I think they were trying to jump on the E.T. bandwagon.  

I love the first five Georgia episodes.  One Armed Bandits is my all time favorite.  It's so raw.  I love Daisy's Song(we get to see Boss Hogg with a young girl on his lap), Mary, Kaye's Baby(the General Lee wasn't in this episode).  I love the General Lee but it was nice seeing an episode where it wasn't overshadowing the characters, Repo Men and High Octane.  These episodes were less sitcom-like.

Days Of Shine And Roses is another favorite.  The old film at the beginning was great with Boss and Uncle Jesse.

Carnival Of Thrills was good but I didn't like Bo and Luke fighting.

Edited by Boss JD Hogg

3 hours ago, Boss JD Hogg said:

I don't like Strange Visitor To Hazzard.  It doesn't fit the series.  I think they were trying to jump on the E.T. bandwagon.  

I love the first five Georgia episodes.  One Armed Bandits is my all time favorite.  It's so raw.  I love Daisy's Song(we get to see Boss Hogg with a young girl on his lap), Mary, Kaye's Baby(the General Lee wasn't in this episode).  I love the General Lee but it was nice seeing an episode where it wasn't overshadowing the characters, Repo Men and High Octane.  These episodes were less sitcom-like.

Days Of Shine And Roses is another favorite.  The old film at the beginning was great with Boss and Uncle Jesse.

Carnival Of Thrills was good but I didn't like Bo and Luke fighting.

Your list looks a lot like my list Boss! The first five episodes were the best!

• 1 month later...