Dukes of Hazzard Cartoon Series

The_Dukes_Generl_Lee01

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

OK I really need to see this cartoon again. I can wrap my brain around Flash talking, kinda like Scooby Doo, but I really can't wrap my brain around General Lee talking. I just can't see him talking to Bo and Luke like KITT talked to Michael.

What did the General say?

"Bo you need to put more ballest in my trunk for those jumps?"

or

"Rosco doesn't know this short cut of yours so we should be able to loose him"

I obtained the Dukes cartoons from an ebay source years ago - and though the video quality was poor, it was still fun to watch. The bad news is, most of these cartoons have Coy and Vance in them. Bo and Luke only appear in about 4 eps.

The General Lee doesn't talk in the cartoon, I can put that much to rest. (what would the car say anyhow, that ain't already covered in "Yeehaaw?") The General does have some Mach 5 and/or KITT-like features though, that it suddenly displays at a moment's notice, never to be seen again.

The true stars of the cartoon series are Boss and Rosco, who are completely natural in animated form. The artists creating the cartoon did a decent job with likeness and expression, and when you add the vocal talents of Sorrell and Jimmie, it's pure fun.

Coy and Vance come across as dull as usual, but at least the cartoon versions of them had facial expressions that occassionally changed.

Brian

What year(s) was the cartoon? I watched the show until it went off the air from the time I was like 3 or 4 which was in 82' 83' until it went off the air in 85'. I don't remember but I'm sure even after it went off the air and no new episodes were made that there was rerun showings for a while at least there are now days. But I can't ever recall seeing the cartoon.

Brandy

I've seen one episode of the cartoon series, the one with the Australian cousin and his boxing kangaroo. LOL Boss and Rosco are hilarious to watch in cartoon form. They coulda just called it the Boss and Rosco show (Rosco and Bosswinkle?? ROFLMAO!! Sorry!!! :p ) and it woulda been a hit.

A couple of hard driving roughnecks,

Down Hazzard County Way.

We don't want no trouble,

They just want to play.

Just give 'em a race to run,

with The General Lee, sonofagun

ooh-wee, ooh-wee, we're gonna have some fun.

Uncle Jesse: Yessir, The Duke Boys and Daisy are racing Boss Hogg clee-ar around the world and they gotta win the prize money so's Boss can't forclose on the family farm, naturally greedy ol' Boss wants the prize money and the farm for hisself, so he's gonna cheat and a-scheme every foot of the way.

Just give 'em a race to run,

with The General Lee, sonofagun

Boss Hogg: Ohhhhh Them Dukes!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest DanielPHorse

Just a couple of hard-drivin' roughnecks

Down Hazzard County way!

They don't want no trouble, they just wanna play!

Just give 'em a race to run, The General Lee and son of a gun!

Woo-hoo, we're gonna have some fun!

Does anyone else remember that Jesse had a pet raccoon and a hound dog in the cartoons? And is it just scary that I remember that theme song, but can't memorize formulas for my college algebra class? :-?