Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Boss JD Hogg

9 hours ago, Boss JD Hogg said:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my cousins in Hazzard County!

Thank you Boss! Same here! Merry Christmas to all my cousins here in Hazzard!  Also, though we haven't seen her in a while, Merry Christmas and happy New Year  to the main cousin we have here,  Our Supreme Superior, Commander, Meadow Mufn!! We love you and miss you Mufn!! :)  

6 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Merry Christmas everybody. We are more than half way through the storm and still haven't lost our electric. I hope it stays that way. Our daughter and her family are visiting from out of town so electricity is always nice with a full house!

We just received an email from our electric provider that there's the possibility of rolling blackouts for the next 24 hours due to the grid being pushed to near limits. I really hope not as our heater is electric and so is the stove. 

27 minutes ago, Spike said:

We just received an email from our electric provider that there's the possibility of rolling blackouts for the next 24 hours due to the grid being pushed to near limits. I really hope not as our heater is electric and so is the stove. 

we're having all that rolling black out crap where I am to!

I'm still lurking around here, Hobie. ;) We had an ice storm yesterday and managed to get through it without losing power. Last time we had an ice storm, we lost power for 3 days. Stay safe and warm, everybody. Wishing you peace and joy this Christmas, my cousins. And a Happy New Year!

11 hours ago, HossC said:

We had temperatures well below freezing about two weeks ago, but Christmas day is quite mild here (10°C/50°F) although a friend of mine had a brief power cut yesterday during a heavy thunder storm.

Happy Christmas everyone, and Happy Birthday to Meadowmufn.

Thanks! I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas! I have a birthday cheesecake I am dying to cut into later. ;)

On 12/25/2022 at 6:28 AM, HossC said:

We had temperatures well below freezing about two weeks ago, but Christmas day is quite mild here (10°C/50°F) although a friend of mine had a brief power cut yesterday during a heavy thunder storm.

Happy Christmas everyone, and Happy Birthday to Meadowmufn.

Oh yes, I hope you had a great BD yesterday MM! Thanks for the reminder Hoss.

We made it through the storm without losing electric although a lot of people weren't so lucky. Buffalo is 100 miles northeast of us and is still getting pounded with a deadly historic blizzard. Lake effect snow around Lake Erie can be pretty crazy. 

Edited by RogerDuke

On 12/25/2022 at 6:20 PM, Meadowmufn said:

Thanks! I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas! I have a birthday cheesecake I am dying to cut into later. ;)

We're all meeting at MM's house. You wrote the rules here MM so you should realize that it is violation of the terms of service to mention cheesecake without having enough for everybody. 

On 12/24/2022 at 5:14 PM, Hobie Hartkins said:

we're having all that rolling black out crap where I am to!

Electric car owners in warmer climates that got the extremely frigid temperatures found out one thing about their better for the environment vehicle's....they won't charge in such cold temperatures :lol::lol::lol:. One Tesla owner in Virginia found out the hard way when they tried charging at home and when that didn't work they drove to a nearby Tesla supercharger spot where it once again failed to charge, in fact it drained the battery further :lol:. That would explain why I only seen one electric car on the road over the frigid weekend.

This is why I say automakers should be throwing their money into hybrids instead of only electric cars. For one our national electric grid is not up to the task and is proving quite vulnerable to weather and attacks.

:previous:

One of the car-related YouTube channels I watch recently highlighted the poor performance of the Ford Lightning electric truck in cold weather (below). A previous video he made about the truck showed how the range dropped dramatically when towing. The towing video went viral after a conspiracy website completely misquoted it to further their agenda. He has since traded the Lightning for a Hummer EV. I accept that electric vehicles will take over eventually, but we're still a long way from that point at the moment.

14 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Any New Year's Eve plans? My wife never stays up until midnight anymore but I always do....usually watching Christmas cartoons. 

Nothing planned here. We are having our Christmas New Years day since my sister's family got sick over Christmas. I have no water at my apartment due to the pipes freezing below me despite telling the landlady in advance of water problems. Sooooo I'm at my parents house for now. I'm blessed they are near by and kind enough to put up with me. HA. I probably won't stay up to midnight either...LOL. 

On 12/27/2022 at 12:06 PM, HossC said:

:previous:

One of the car-related YouTube channels I watch recently highlighted the poor performance of the Ford Lightning electric truck in cold weather (below). A previous video he made about the truck showed how the range dropped dramatically when towing. The towing video went viral after a conspiracy website completely misquoted it to further their agenda. He has since traded the Lightning for a Hummer EV. I accept that electric vehicles will take over eventually, but we're still a long way from that point at the moment.

But the Electric Car is going to save our planet and save us all!! :) 

On 12/27/2022 at 6:06 PM, HossC said:

One of the car-related YouTube channels I watch recently highlighted the poor performance of the Ford Lightning electric truck in cold weather...

Yesterday, the guy who made the electric truck video posted a new video about his latest purchase - a survivor 1968 Dodge Charger. His very brief history of famous Chargers includes a name check for Dukes. As soon as he gets it back from Florida to Kansas, I'm sure we'll get another video showing everything that's wrong with it.

My wife and I had a 'Dukes' Style southern Christmas meal.  We made a ham, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, carrots, corn bread and collard greens.  Every year when we watch The Great Santa Claus Chase we say we are going to have a meal like the Dukes had at Christmas.  This year we finally did it.

Edited by Boss JD Hogg

4 hours ago, Boss JD Hogg said:

My wife and I had a 'Dukes' Style southern Christmas meal.  We made a ham, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, carrots, corn bread and collard greens.  Every year when we watch the The Great Santa Claus Chase we say we are going to have a meal like the Dukes had at Christmas.  This year we finally did it.

That sounds like a great Christmas Boss!

1 minute ago, Boss JD Hogg said:

We finally had our 'Dukes' Christmas.

I'm ashamed to say I never paid attention to the kind of food they had. The weird thing about that is that the Christmas party at the Duke farm is my favorite scene in the whole series. I love your idea of a Dukes Christmas! I don't like that I have to wait a whole year to have one myself. 

11 hours ago, Boss JD Hogg said:

My wife and I had a 'Dukes' Style southern Christmas meal.  We made a ham, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, carrots, corn bread and collard greens.

Is that also a standard American Christmas meal? In Ireland, the usual Christmas meal is turkey and ham with mash and roast vegetables. We don't have collard greens, but we do have the dreaded Brussels sprouts! Macaroni cheese (as mac and cheese is known over here) was a standalone dish when I was young, but seems to have fallen out of favor. I can't remember the last time I had it or saw it on a menu.