ITS BEEN CONFIRMED!! JESSICA SIMPSON FOR DAISY!

This article was on the Internet Movie Database!

Britney Spears's hopes of landing the role of Daisy Duke in the forthcoming movie version of The Dukes Of Hazzard have been dashed - after bosses handed it to Jessica Simpson. While star Spears had expressed an interest in playing the sexy character from the '70s/'80s TV show, singer Simpson has been chosen as the blonde who will fill the extra-short shorts of original Daisy Duke Catherine Bach. Simpson's manager father Joe tells America's Star magazine, "She is really excited." Simpson herself adds, "I wanna wear those shorts so bad!" The film, about three redneck cousins, two corrupt public officials and a souped- up Dodge Charger car, begins production this summer.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this will effect anything with Jessica's Dukes movie involvement....but per Teen Hollywood magazine, Jessica is also being considered as a co-star in the next James Bond movie.

No offense to Jessica, but this may be where ol' Pierce Brosnan draws the line. This is his last James Bond flick, and somehow I don't see the chemistry match workin' here.

Apparently Catherine Zeta-Jones was the first pick but has schedule conflicts. Hello, what a nice problem...too busy to be in a James Bond movie?!

Ah well! It'd be even more ironic if Jessica turns down the Bond flick because of the Dukes movie. I think the Dukes movie is a better match for her persona, anyhow.

• 4 weeks later...

Sway Duke, I know how badly you wanted to land the role of Daisy. Your dreams of being a starlet have been brutally crushed by those Hollywood jerks, who led you on....made you empty promises....induced you to compromise yerself. Well, baby....this film would've just held your career back anyway. There's other opportunities out there, so walk away with your pride intact, and remember that Jessica Simpson ain't got half of your talent, even if she does have better legs.

Sway Duke, I know how badly you wanted to land the role of Daisy. Your dreams of being a starlet have been brutally crushed by those Hollywood jerks, who led you on....made you empty promises....induced you to compromise yerself. Well, baby....this film would've just held your career back anyway. There's other opportunities out there, so walk away with your pride intact, and remember that Jessica Simpson ain't got half of your talent, even if she does have better legs.

Her legs are better! My agent promised me...PROMISED ME! *sighs* Least she's from Texas. Blonde huzzy. Jessica Biel was my pick.

ol' Sway I am surprised that you wanted Jessica Biel , since she grew up in Colorado .....I guess she is not a Northener though....I would like to see someones legs though.....

Darrell

Getting technical with me...A-gin'. Lord. She's from Colorado? Then she's not persay a Yankee. Just like someone from Montana might not be persay a yankee. Lets not get technical alright.

"Getting technical with me...A-gin'. Lord. She's from Colorado? Then she's not persay a Yankee. Just like someone from Montana might not be persay a yankee. Lets not get technical alright."

Sway, ol boy, I am not getting technical on you , just pointing out facts. ...So it is just Yankees you dislike then? .....I will still sit down and have a beer with ya.....

Darrell

Capt'n Redneck, if yer sittin' down to a brew with Sway Duke, you'd best avoid servin' him any of them Yankee beers. Which means, ya must omit the followin' brands:

Miller

Budweiser

Old Style

Old Milwaukee

Pabst Blue Ribbon

Hamm's

Samuel Adams

This by no means is a complete list, but ya get the idea. Lest you o-ffend yer buddy, all due caution is recommened. So read the fine print on the label, and then enjoy a non-confrontational beverage with yer buddy.

As for me...I drink alone. With nobody else!

Brian

• 1 month later...

I think they are making a big mistake here, unless Jessica has some acting talen none of us has seen yet.

Daisy is a down to earth, clever, loyal, devoted to her family kind of person that quite honestly Jesica is nothing even like or probably even understands. I think people forget that there was hundreds upon hundreds of hot actresses playing various roles in the 70s and 80s but what makes characters like Daisy Duke stand out is the character and how well it was played.

Seems to me they casting director is just going after cheap big names here and not caring about quality of actors or how they will fit into the parts at all. They prob have a small budget and no will to put effort into finding quality cheap actors like was done in movies like LA Confidential or Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

The script better be real good is all I have to say.

Well if they want to go cheap and fast that is kewl, I will just wait until I can rent this from the video store.

This was just posted over at billboard.com

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000629485

Edited By Jonathan Cohen. September 14, 2004,

Simpson Puts Up Her 'Dukes'

Jessica Simpson has been cast as Daisy Duke in the film adaptation of the hit TV show "The Dukes of Hazzard." The role effectively serves as her feature film debut, though she did make an appearance playing herself in the 2002 feature "The Master of Disguise."

Seann William Scott and Johnny Knoxville have already had been cast as Bo and Luke Duke, respectively. The film will be directed by Broken Lizard comedy troupe member Jay Chandrasekhar, best known for directing "Super Troopers" and "Club Dread." Chandrasekhar and the rest of Broken Lizard will do additional writing.

Already an established recording artist, Simpson took her fame to a new lebel when her marital misadventures with fellow singer and husband, Nick Lachey, aired on MTV's "Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica." She has played herself in countless TV appearances and had a guest starring run on "That '70s Show."

The artist recently wrapped a summer tour in support of her latest Columbia album, "In This Skin." She and Lachey have also recorded a version of "A Whole New World" for the special edition "Aladdin" DVD, due Oct. 5 via Disney.

-- Borys Kit, The Hollywood Reporter

• 1 month later...

I think they should of looked further. The girl that plays Jackie on the 70's show (Mila Kunis) would of been a great pick! I think they are just looking for @s! and legs to fill those shorts. I'm afraid they are not gonna be true to the character that Catherine Bach created. But again, thats Hollywood! And has anyone heard if they are going to have a Cooter in the movie?