Cletus Investigates Murder??

MonacoMan

I’m not sure the link below will work (as usual I can’t get photos to post on this site...no matter what I do they’re always “too big” :angry:), but have been watching Murder, She Wrote for a few weeks now...and discovered Rick Hurst (Cletus) in a Season 5 episode “Something Borrowed, Someone Blue” (1989).

I’ll be honest and say this was a rather silly & ridiculous episode, and Rick just added to it...as he was just as goofy in this as he was in “Dukes”. :-P He was the cop supposedly investigating the murder (with Jessica Fletcher doing most of the investigating)...but he was basically Cletus in a shirt & tie, lol! :lol:

However, it was cool to see him in something else besides “Dukes”...but, has he ever played a serious role? Just curious...

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/murdershewrote/images/a/af/Sheriff_Slocum.gif/revision/latest?cb=20130523100226

15 minutes ago, HossC said:

The image didn't want to display until I knocked off everything after ".gif". Being a hot-linked image, I can't guarantee that it won't disappear.

Sheriff_Slocum.gif

Thanks! I really wish there was an easier/better way to post pics. This is the only site I have issues on, and I’m not sure why? :unsure:

I’ll be honest and say this was a rather silly & ridiculous episode, and Rick just added to it...as he was just as goofy in this as he was in “Dukes”. :-P He was the cop supposedly investigating the murder (with Jessica Fletcher doing most of the investigating)...but he was basically Cletus in a shirt & tie, lol! :lol:

I guess that tells me what I need to know about Jessica Fletcher and Murder She Wrote!  :-P

26 minutes ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I guess that tells me what I need to know about Jessica Fletcher and Murder She Wrote!  :-P

Murder, She Wrote was a very good & enjoyable murder-mystery show! Angela Lansbury was superb as Jessica Fletcher! Just because this one episode was goofy, doesn’t mean the whole show was like that. :wink:

MSW tied the original Hawaii Five-0, as being the longest running crime drama, in 1996...as both shows were on for 12 years/seasons (H5-0: 1968-1980 & MSW: 1984-1996)! MSW also had 4 reunion/TV movies from 1997-2003. But, in 2003, the original Law & Order passed them both up with its 13th season. It went on to have 20 years...tying Gunsmoke as the longest running TV drama, period (Gunsmoke: 1955-1975 & L&O: 1990-2010). Now the L&O spin-off SVU has surpassed them all. Personally I don’t care for the L&O shows...but, to each his or her own. 

Anyway, just some useless but interesting TV trivia. :-P I grew up with “Dukes” and MSW...both were awesome & wholesome shows in their own ways, and have become icons of television (and both have huge cult-followings today)! :tup:

2 minutes ago, MonacoMan said:

Murder, She Wrote was a very good & enjoyable murder-mystery show! Angela Lansbury was superb as Jessica Fletcher! Just because this one episode was goofy, doesn’t mean the whole show was like that. :wink:

MSW tied the original Hawaii Five-0, as being the longest running crime drama, in 1996...as both shows were on for 12 years/seasons (H5-0: 1968-1980 & MSW: 1984-1996)! MSW also had 4 reunion/TV movies from 1997-2003. But, in 2003, the original Law & Order passed them both up with its 13th season. It went on to have 20 years...tying Gunsmoke as the longest running TV drama, period (Gunsmoke: 1955-1975 & L&O: 1990-2010). Now the L&O spin-off SVU has surpassed them all. Personally I don’t care for the L&O shows...but, to each his or her own. 

Anyway, just some useless but interesting TV trivia. :-P I grew up with “Dukes” and MSW...both were awesome & wholesome shows in their own ways, and have become icons of television (and both have huge cult-followings today)! :tup:

of course ....NOTHING beats TDOH!!! :) 

2 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

Thanks! I really wish there was an easier/better way to post pics. This is the only site I have issues on, and I’m not sure why? :unsure:

If you were as low tech as me you wouldn't have the ability to post pictures anywhere. No matter how many times I'm told how to do it on other forums I still can't figure it out. 

3 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

If you were as low tech as me you wouldn't have the ability to post pictures anywhere. No matter how many times I'm told how to do it on other forums I still can't figure it out. 

Anywhere else I can save or copy a pic & then post it on whatever site. This is the only site that I’ve ever had problems. I’ve not been able to figure it out, either. :-?