1/25 Georgia Era General Lee Parts

MoonRunner-01

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 2:12 PM, Meadowmufn said:

This is cool! I really need to get into the 3D printing thing. I think I'd have fun with it.

On 12/8/2022 at 2:37 PM, MoonRunner-01 said:

That makes two of us. I continued looking at the parts they carried, and they have some parts for the MPC Dodge Chargers. Aswell as a 1/25 Dixie Horns and Compressor

3d printing is great when you've got a need for specific parts and the ability to create them in 3D CAD.  Of course, there's also plenty of opportunity to just print other people's designs, but obviously that only gets you so far because you are dependent on somebody else having designed what you need.  If you can put in the time to learn a 3d cad program, then the sky is the limit in what you can do.  I got into 3d printing primarily because I wanted to be able to make custom parts for a lot of my RC car projects, and it's been great for that.  When I decided to take on some Dukes of Hazzard RC builds, it was the 3d printer that gave me the ability to do that.  Between finding & printing otherwise unobtainable parts like the vector wheels and Rosco's car, to using Fusion 360 to design my own custom parts like the 69 charger front grill, the push bar, and now the 69 charger rear taillight panel & tail lights for my next RC General Lee build.  It's also great for silly stuff around the house that breaks and doesn't have parts available.  There's a locking cap that broke on one wheel of my daughter's American Girl Doll toy car that rendered the car unusable.  20 minutes in 3d cad and another hour on the printer and I had a replacement piece that fixed the car and restored unchecked emotions in our house. :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2023 at 10:52 AM, Jim85IROC said:

3d printing is great when you've got a need for specific parts and the ability to create them in 3D CAD.  Of course, there's also plenty of opportunity to just print other people's designs, but obviously that only gets you so far because you are dependent on somebody else having designed what you need.  If you can put in the time to learn a 3d cad program, then the sky is the limit in what you can do.  I got into 3d printing primarily because I wanted to be able to make custom parts for a lot of my RC car projects, and it's been great for that.  When I decided to take on some Dukes of Hazzard RC builds, it was the 3d printer that gave me the ability to do that.  Between finding & printing otherwise unobtainable parts like the vector wheels and Rosco's car, to using Fusion 360 to design my own custom parts like the 69 charger front grill, the push bar, and now the 69 charger rear taillight panel & tail lights for my next RC General Lee build.  It's also great for silly stuff around the house that breaks and doesn't have parts available.  There's a locking cap that broke on one wheel of my daughter's American Girl Doll toy car that rendered the car unusable.  20 minutes in 3d cad and another hour on the printer and I had a replacement piece that fixed the car and restored unchecked emotions in our house. :D

I really should get into it just for the handiness of it Lol Especially for model builds. I would like to build Cooters Chevelle. But the hood used on the car might be hard to find and I'm not sure if I could find an exact copy of it, so why not learn to build one myself. 

• 1 year later...

Hey! I am the creator of those files, I closed my shape-ways store due to the prices being far higher than I wanted them to be, they also only profited me with 25 cents per sale and on some, Zilch! I tried to keep the prices as low as possible, if you need any I'm currently Making a full line of Dukes merch! the painted models are of 1/43 scale! sadly with no one who makes decals i am unable to provide them... though if you are interested hit me up on Facebook, or by email! Ointarifox4@gmail.com! there will be far more dukes items to come! if you want pricing i will be back here regularly to check if you or anyone else wants to know anything!

photo_2024-02-25_23-56-46.thumb.jpg.03f3fc45e71d4026e5e43ae6f9760364.jpgphoto_2024-02-28_22-28-18.thumb.jpg.d97335a28fb187bdc9b058fca2f65e00.jpgphoto_2024-02-28_22-28-19.thumb.jpg.4cd876a195d3ac43f5f2bd56ba20c7d2.jpgimage.thumb.jpeg.80d30b805f16a37c238e3b9a7fd998d1.jpeg