Happy Birthday Denver!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just noticed that Jesse's birthday wasn't on this thread laat year and then realized I did a special thread for him in 2020 on his 100th birthday. 

Happy 101 today Jesse. The nice thing about popping a Dukes DVD in, is that Jesse stays in his 60s forever (59 in Georgia). It gives me a sense of comfort knowing my hero is timeless. Catch ya at the Boar's Nest later today you old ridge runner.

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Maybe it's just a coincidence but it sure seems like the world was still sane when Denver Pyle was alive.....and it seems like it started turning crazy after he passed on. We miss you Uncle Jesse. Happy 103rd birthday in Hazzard Heaven.....a place where everything makes sense and the biggest ending is happy. 

23 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Maybe it's just a coincidence but it sure seems like the world was still sane when Denver Pyle was alive.....and it seems like it started turning crazy after he passed on. We miss you Uncle Jesse. Happy 103rd birthday in Hazzard Heaven.....a place where everything makes sense and the biggest ending is happy. 

It was still sane when Denver’s/Uncle Jesse’s generation was still alive...but, sadly we are losing most of them, as time moves on. He was the same age as one of my grandmas...she passed away just two years after him, in ‘99. I can’t wrap my head around the idea they’d ‘be’...103 (little rhyme there)! :-P RIP, God bless, and miss you both! 

On 5/11/2023 at 10:54 PM, MonacoMan said:

It was still sane when Denver’s/Uncle Jesse’s generation was still alive...but, sadly we are losing most of them, as time moves on. He was the same age as one of my grandmas...she passed away just two years after him, in ‘99. I can’t wrap my head around the idea they’d ‘be’...103 (little rhyme there)! :-P RIP, God bless, and miss you both! 

It's so tough to see people pass on. I look at Dukes stars like family and if one who was only on a single episode for a few minutes dies, it saddens me.....like people Rosco caught in the celebrity speedtrap, for example. 

3 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

It's so tough to see people pass on. I look at Dukes stars like family and if one who was only on a single episode for a few minutes dies, it saddens me.....like people Rosco caught in the celebrity speedtrap, for example. 

I know...I want those people to remain the ages at the time of DOH, but we all get older & no one lives forever. 

3 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I remember when Dottie West died. She died in a car wreck on the interstate right down the road from my house in Franklin Tn. I go to her home town almost daily ( McMinnville Tn., ).

12 minutes ago, MonacoMan said:

I know...I want those people to remain the ages at the time of DOH, but we all get older & no one lives forever. 

Through the power of TDOH,  they stay the same and the way they make you feel,  when you watch them  is always the same to! So...in a way, it keeps us all the same! :) 

1 hour ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Through the power of TDOH,  they stay the same and the way they make you feel,  when you watch them  is always the same to! So...in a way, it keeps us all the same! :) 

Exactly...the memories are forever captured on screen & for us to forever enjoy! :) But, we do have to live in reality sometimes, even when we don’t want to or it’s painful. However, we’ll always have the memories to cherish, and know & be grateful for what once was—especially if you got to experience them firsthand & when they originally impacted us. :D

2 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

Exactly...the memories are forever captured on screen & for us to forever enjoy! :) But, we do have to live in reality sometimes, even when we don’t want to or it’s painful. However, we’ll always have the memories to cherish, and know & be grateful for what once was—especially if you got to experience them firsthand & when they originally impacted us. :D

Yes, and I did! I was 14 when they first came on. 

31 minutes ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Yes, and I did! I was 14 when they first came on. 

Lol, I was a few years younger, but l still remember watching when the show originally aired! I was so angry when it went off the air...and just a year later, so did Knight Rider. :cry: I was devastated...but first came the beauty of reruns for both shows, and eventually home video sets! I can now forever enjoy both shows whenever I want. :tup:

On 5/14/2023 at 10:06 PM, MonacoMan said:

Lol, I was a few years younger, but l still remember watching when the show originally aired! I was so angry when it went off the air...and just a year later, so did Knight Rider. :cry: I was devastated...but first came the beauty of reruns for both shows, and eventually home video sets! I can now forever enjoy both shows whenever I want. :tup:

I still remember what it felt like when the DVD sets came out. I was walking on clouds! 

14 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

I still remember what it felt like when the DVD sets came out. I was walking on clouds! 

Me too...no more trying to madly tape every episode/rerun off whatever cable network, and hoping the VHS tapes lasted! :cornfused: The DVDs were a way to finally have every episode, digitally remastered (although not in HD), and official studio quality at the time! :banana:

23 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

Me too...no more trying to madly tape every episode/rerun off whatever cable network, and hoping the VHS tapes lasted! :cornfused: The DVDs were a way to finally have every episode, digitally remastered (although not in HD), and official studio quality at the time! :banana:

=1 !!