Bye Bye, Boss

MonacoMan

Watching this 3rd season episode again. Love this one...plenty of action, humor, and the plot was fun with Boss Hogg being the target. 

The scenes with the drunk driver Hobie crack me up :lol:...as nowadays this would be considered a serious & dangerous offense (and rightfully so), but back then a little DUI action was no big deal...maybe a night in jail to sober up & a fine. 

Also, the hardware store owner, Homer Griggs-(sp?) I thought was kind of gullible & ridiculous to think the Duke boys would actually rob him...I mean, he’s known them & Uncle Jesse for who  knows how many years, and how long have the Dukes been coming in there to pay for screen, fencing, and whatever else? And suddenly out of nowhere they suddenly decide to rob him?? He should have known something weird was up. :duh: 

But, this one is one of my favorites from the season, and it’s always a blast watching it! :cheers:

Edited by MonacoMan

You are right. This is a great episode. There is a lot I don't like about modern times but you are correct that it is good that we have cracked down on drunk driving. 

Homer Griggs' store just kinda popped up out of nowhere since Rhuebottoms has always been the place to go. But in the Georgia episodes they even showed a Western Auto hardware store. I bet every town had one of those. 

6 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

Watching this 3rd season episode again. Love this one...plenty of action, humor, and the plot was fun with Boss Hogg being the target. 

The scenes with the drunk driver Hobie crack me up :lol:...as nowadays this would be considered a serious & dangerous offense (and rightfully so), but back then a little DUI action was no big deal...maybe a night in jail to sober up & a fine. 

Also, the hardware store owner, Homer Griggs-(sp?) I thought was kind of gullible & ridiculous to think the Duke boys would actually rob him...I mean, he’s known them & Uncle Jesse for who  knows how many years, and how long have the Dukes been coming in there to pay for screen, fencing, and whatever else? And suddenly out of nowhere they suddenly decide to rob him?? He should have known something weird was up. :duh: 

But, this one is one of my favorites from the season, and it’s always a blast watching it! :cheers:

Rosco:"Homer, are you sure it was the Duke Boys?" Homer:"I saw the General Lee drive off just now, didn't I?"

22 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

Did you notice how Homer told Rosco that the "Duke boys just robbed me. Picked me clean as a chicken.", yet Rosco immediately upgraded the crime and told Boss "You know, there's nothing like starting the day with a good armed robbery." Homer never claimed that the Dukes were armed, he just said that they'd robbed him.

BTW. A bit of Dukes trivia: In which other episode does Homer Griggs make an uncredited cameo?

2 hours ago, HossC said:

Did you notice how Homer told Rosco that the "Duke boys just robbed me. Picked me clean as a chicken.", yet Rosco immediately upgraded the crime and told Boss "You know, there's nothing like starting the day with a good armed robbery." Homer never claimed that the Dukes were armed, he just said that they'd robbed him.

BTW. A bit of Dukes trivia: In which other episode does Homer Griggs make an uncredited cameo?

I NEVER noticed that!! WOW! ( all the times I've seen the episodes)  .....ok....you got me on the cameo...please tell us!

21 hours ago, HossC said:

19 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I NEVER noticed that!! WOW! ( all the times I've seen the episodes)  .....ok....you got me on the cameo...please tell us!

18 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Got me too.

It's a season later in 'Bad Day in Hazzard'. Homer and three townsfolk are in his shop when Boss is forced to make his evacuation broadcast on the radio.

HomerGriggs0423.jpg

On 10/19/2022 at 12:23 AM, Skipper Duke said:

Rosco:"Homer, are you sure it was the Duke Boys?" Homer:"I saw the General Lee drive off just now, didn't I?"

I know he said those lines...but he should have known the Dukes would never do something like that. He should have known something weird was up! ;)

On 10/19/2022 at 4:28 PM, HossC said:

4 hours ago, HossC said:

It's a season later in 'Bad Day in Hazzard'. Homer and three townsfolk are in his shop when Boss is forced to make his evacuation broadcast on the radio.

HomerGriggs0423.jpg

Awesome...I grew up with the show originally, and I’ve watched it many times in the years since, but I did not remember the guy who played Homer showed up in another episode! Cool! I’ll  look for him again later, when I get to that season. :tup: