Real General Lee

Wondering if anyone knows what happened to this car?  I saw it at Grand Bend Mopar Weekend back in 1998, we were walking back to our campsite after the days show had ended and it had just pulled in and was registering (yes he drove it there).  The guy said he bought it off an ad that was in the back of hot rod magazine, and used the money they had saved up to put down on a house for it - and the wife left lol.  It was not a show car by any means, pretty rough around the edges.  Anyone now what happened to it or where it is now? 

9OAOXwU.jpg

• 1 month later...

Doesn't John Scheneider owns him? He [John Schneider] teased us with him on the movie "Tres Leches" (they only showed "01").

My favorite TV cars are: General Lee, K.I.T.T., Pontiac Firebird Trans, and the Impala (Supernatural).

This list is an absolute disaster: https://www.scrapcarcomparison.co.uk/blog/the-ultimate-list-of-must-see-car-movies/

Smokey and the Bandit is number 23 while the crappy Dukes of Hazzard movie is 12? It makes no sense.

6 hours ago, Philip_Duke said:

Smokey and the Bandit is number 23 while the crappy Dukes of Hazzard movie is 12? It makes no sense.

The list certainly has quite a few questionable entries. What I found weird is that the picture they used for #23 is a publicity shot of Joaquin Phoenix as The Bandit from the re-make 'Smokey and the Bandit Rides Again' which was originally due for release in 2020. As far as I can see, this reboot has disappeared without trace.