Dukes of Hazzard Movie Review Thread - Post Reviews Here!

I saw it at the first showing at 1:30pm on AUGUST 5th i was the first one there at my theater and i watched and i am a true dukes fan as it gets and i thought it was as good as the original and it captured the spirit awesomely and it was perfect evn though there was some swearing it was really good and me and my grandmother who also loves the show and her and my uncles watched it every friday night when it first came out and they never missed an episode and neather have I and my whole family love the dukes it was an awesome show and still is too. I thought the movie was hillarious and awesome it may have minor swears but without the swears it wouldn't have been as a good as it was and there was 'bout 50 people there at my local theater to see it and the reason it was low was cause there was a lot of people still at work around here. The people who were there were ages 4 and up and they all loved the movie they all thought it was really good too. along with me.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry..........Don't think so about talking myself into liking it. I have been very openminded about it since the beginning.

Last thing I got to say about the movie...YEEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAA

-------Well Sparky, I`m just going by YOUR statement:

" I have been preaching on here for the better part of a year to give this movie a chance. You know something , I did and the movie was better than what I expected. Hearing Waylon's Good Ol Boys in the opening I knew this would be a helluva good ride."

.....That doesn`t sound too "openminded" to me, but more predisposed --or "Mind Made Up" if you prefer.

Even from "the opening" you KNEW that this was going to be bla-bla-bla...

My last word on the movie ..."YEEEEE---UCK !"

Sorry..........Don't think so about talking myself into liking it. I have been very openminded about it since the beginning.

" I have been preaching on here for the better part of a year to give this movie a chance. You know something , I did and the movie was better than what I expected. Hearing Waylon's Good Ol Boys in the opening I knew this would be a helluva good ride."

.....That doesn`t sound too "openminded" to me, but more predisposed --or "Mind Made Up" if you prefer.

Hey Goober, eh I mean PALADIN..........What is with calling me "Sparky" ?.....Just because you are a newbie on here and didn't like the movie, doesn't mean you do that....

Read into it what you want. But you are dead wrong buddy....I will not get into me explaining myself to you in this thread. Go back and read my posts about it for the past year......

I'm gone

Darrell

Hey Goober, eh I mean PALADIN..........What is with calling me "Sparky" ?.....Just because you are a newbie on here and didn't like the movie, doesn't mean you do that....

Read into it what you want. But you are dead wrong buddy....I will not get into me explaining myself to you in this thread. Go back and read my posts about it for the past year......

I'm gone

Darrell

Aug 6,2005

I went to see the new dukes movie today and it was pretty good except for some of the scenes. just in a nutshell Roscoe had an attitude problem the dukes dont do drugs uncle jesse is retired from the moonshine business bo didnt act like a geek in the classic series luke was alright jessie never cussed. A lot of Profanty. Positive about the movie the jumps by the General was awesome the chases was great classic duke chases of course especally the highway jump and the jump towards the end . The way i see it i wouldnt allow my kids to see it because i want them to remember the classic duke shows and are able to enjoy them as i did growing up.

dukes65 formerly grob

Aug 6,2005

I went to see the new dukes movie today and it was pretty good except for some of the scenes. just in a nutshell Roscoe had an attitude problem the dukes dont do drugs uncle jesse is retired from the moonshine business bo didnt act like a geek in the classic series luke was alright jessie never cussed. A lot of Profanty. Positive about the movie the jumps by the General was awesome the chases was great classic duke chases of course especally the highway jump and the jump towards the end . The way i see it i wouldnt allow my kids to see it because i want them to remember the classic duke shows and are able to enjoy them as i did growing up.

dukes65 formerly grob

I finally got to see the movie tonight. I will say...it was awesome! It was worth the wait all this time. Yes, some of the scenes could have been omitted, but I have grown into a fuddy-dud somehow. Jessica did a surprising job. The only problem I had was I was analyzing the movie/action scenes. It's hard to follow the plot when everyone in the theater is pointing out scenes of LSU, Laurel Street and I-110...when it was s'posed to be Atlanta. Dangit, I guess I have to go see it again.

Did anyone else have a problem with that white lady expressing her point of view of the flag? She was a little extreme with her non-verbal opinions.

I'll continue this review after I see it for the 2nd or 3rd time. I just hope the bloopers I saw in February will be on the DVD. They smoked the ones at the end of the film.

I finally got to see the movie tonight. I will say...it was awesome! It was worth the wait all this time. Yes, some of the scenes could have been omitted, but I have grown into a fuddy-dud somehow. Jessica did a surprising job. The only problem I had was I was analyzing the movie/action scenes. It's hard to follow the plot when everyone in the theater is pointing out scenes of LSU, Laurel Street and I-110...when it was s'posed to be Atlanta. Dangit, I guess I have to go see it again.

Did anyone else have a problem with that white lady expressing her point of view of the flag? She was a little extreme with her non-verbal opinions.

I'll continue this review after I see it for the 2nd or 3rd time. I just hope the bloopers I saw in February will be on the DVD. They smoked the ones at the end of the film.

I saw the movie last night, and all I can say is YEEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I thought this movie did a great job of capturing the spirit of the original. I know it was not the same, if it had been the same everyone would've complained thatg they were making fun of the classic. The jumps were awesome. The cast had good chemistry. I will definately own this when it comes out on DVD.

I thought this movie did a great job of capturing the spirit of the original. I know it was not the same, if it had been the same everyone would've complained thatg they were making fun of the classic. The jumps were awesome. The cast had good chemistry. I will definately own this when it comes out on DVD.

agree with ya completely and i loved the movie i'm gonna go again tomorrow on every showing of it too.

agree with ya completely and i loved the movie i'm gonna go again tomorrow on every showing of it too.

Okay, before my dukes story lookie here:

rticket.jpg

okay, now that ive done that the Spoilers are in Bold lettering, so If you Havent seen the movie yet Please Dont read those words!

Wow, for an afternoon showing boy was that theater packed! :o at the sign of the first jump about a bakers dozen cheered! (so i did too :lol: ) now as far as the characters go all of them did a hell of a job with how the dukes were portrayed. cooter was awsome. and as a Knoxville fan myself he played a good luke, he really set grounds for that character. as for scott he suprised me as well, he Wasnt a Complete moron. Now i can safely say that outside of the Fantastic car chases the cast really lifted this one off the ground. :D however im not sure if i liked how the movie started (as if it was the 3rd season on tv). im gonna have to watch it a few more times to come to a solid conclusion.

heres where it gets good though; there really getting chased, the General is actually getting the odd scrape and ding on the body for a change. Sweet! law enforcement is for real, Translation: The Atlanta Police Dept! (i didnt really see them F***ing around!)

i did see some things that Benny was warning us about. that being drugs, hand gestures & outspoken vulgar individuals. but heres the thing, thats what people would Really say in those situations! the dukes movie got Very Realistic with human nature. And i liked that. Alot. (aside from uncle Jessi. tsk tsk. :( .

But like Ive said, Alots changed in the past 30 years. alot of things are more acceptable.

I counted about 36 7ish year old kids there as well, and they like me loved it just as much then talked to the parents as we exited about Buying the DVD later on. Sweet! thats what i wanna hear! :D

Another thing i loved is that the movie had a running time of almost 2 hours, and it Never dragged on! :D (Sweet! ...again. :wink: ) but back to the cast for a moment I loved that they placed Knoxville as the "ladies man" and/or "player" of the 2 cousins. it added such a comedic twist that i dont think that the movie couldve lived without. And Scott was yes - a little slower out of the 2, but he was a great wheelman. Somehow always had a problem with the ladies... yet again funny as hell. But hey, watch it - you'll laugh with me, then. :wink:

now as far as the ending credits goes, STAY AND WATCH THEM!!! it is So worth it!!! On one of the leaps onto the hiway... the car Almost made it! Sweet! :D

so all in all I loved the kids being there, the movie being pretty much sold out and how many dukes related t-shirts i saw. will it be a repeat of the critics pulling there feet outta there mouths again like back in the late 70's saying "the show will never fly"? Im almost sure due to the appeal of the younger audiences. will More toys be put into production for little ones to play with in the sandboxes? I say YES! :D to say the absolute Least its an experience that I'll NEVER forget! :wink:

im gone.

-Brad

PS. God Bless the Super Troopers!

rticket.jpg

okay, now that ive done that the Spoilers are in Bold lettering, so If you Havent seen the movie yet Please Dont read those words!

Wow, for an afternoon showing boy was that theater packed! :o at the sign of the first jump about a bakers dozen cheered! (so i did too :lol: ) now as far as the characters go all of them did a hell of a job with how the dukes were portrayed. cooter was awsome. and as a Knoxville fan myself he played a good luke, he really set grounds for that character. as for scott he suprised me as well, he Wasnt a Complete moron. Now i can safely say that outside of the Fantastic car chases the cast really lifted this one off the ground. :D however im not sure if i liked how the movie started (as if it was the 3rd season on tv). im gonna have to watch it a few more times to come to a solid conclusion.

heres where it gets good though; there really getting chased, the General is actually getting the odd scrape and ding on the body for a change. Sweet! law enforcement is for real, Translation: The Atlanta Police Dept! (i didnt really see them F***ing around!)

i did see some things that Benny was warning us about. that being drugs, hand gestures & outspoken vulgar individuals. but heres the thing, thats what people would Really say in those situations! the dukes movie got Very Realistic with human nature. And i liked that. Alot. (aside from uncle Jessi. tsk tsk. :( .

But like Ive said, Alots changed in the past 30 years. alot of things are more acceptable.

I counted about 36 7ish year old kids there as well, and they like me loved it just as much then talked to the parents as we exited about Buying the DVD later on. Sweet! thats what i wanna hear! :D

Another thing i loved is that the movie had a running time of almost 2 hours, and it Never dragged on! :D (Sweet! ...again. :wink: ) but back to the cast for a moment I loved that they placed Knoxville as the "ladies man" and/or "player" of the 2 cousins. it added such a comedic twist that i dont think that the movie couldve lived without. And Scott was yes - a little slower out of the 2, but he was a great wheelman. Somehow always had a problem with the ladies... yet again funny as hell. But hey, watch it - you'll laugh with me, then. :wink:

now as far as the ending credits goes, STAY AND WATCH THEM!!! it is So worth it!!! On one of the leaps onto the hiway... the car Almost made it! Sweet! :D

so all in all I loved the kids being there, the movie being pretty much sold out and how many dukes related t-shirts i saw. will it be a repeat of the critics pulling there feet outta there mouths again like back in the late 70's saying "the show will never fly"? Im almost sure due to the appeal of the younger audiences. will More toys be put into production for little ones to play with in the sandboxes? I say YES! :D to say the absolute Least its an experience that I'll NEVER forget! :wink:

im gone.

-Brad

rticket.jpg

im gone.

-Brad

YEEHAW! The Dukes Rule, they are the best yeah! YEEHAW!

rticket.jpg

im gone.

-Brad

YEEHAW! The Dukes Rule, they are the best yeah! YEEHAW!

Hey Yall,

We took the kids to see it, and we all liked it pretty good. I almost fell outta my chair laughing at "uncle jessies" jokes. The whole theater laughed a lot. Bo and Luke theay ain't, but I thought it was pretty good. Really liked the General Lee scenes. I had to hold back a Yee Haa! when I seen the General take flight...... Remember one of the jokes willie nelson/uncle jessie told: What do you call a farmer with a sheep inunder each arm? A playboy.........Everyone busted out laughing at that one.

Y'all keep'em straight.....

Hey Yall,

We took the kids to see it, and we all liked it pretty good. I almost fell outta my chair laughing at "uncle jessies" jokes. The whole theater laughed a lot. Bo and Luke theay ain't, but I thought it was pretty good. Really liked the General Lee scenes. I had to hold back a Yee Haa! when I seen the General take flight...... Remember one of the jokes willie nelson/uncle jessie told: What do you call a farmer with a sheep inunder each arm? A playboy.........Everyone busted out laughing at that one.

Y'all keep'em straight.....

Saw the movie 2 times this weekend.......Haven't done that for a movie since I saw Raiders Of The Lost Ark when I was a little kid.....

I think it was even better the second time around. I had my kids with me and it was my 2 1/2 year old son's FIRST movie. He was really good and even did a YEEHAAA once when he saw the General Lee in one the jumps. Then he fell asleep........But it was his first movie and an awesome one .....

One thing I loved - Uncle Jesse - . It reminded me of my father, he passed away when he was 73. The jokes and the way he was was almost like my dad. My dad told those kind of one -liners and was flirtatious in a good way, always complimenting the women in his own way. Except no "smokehouse" antics for my dad. I know it might sound dumb, but it really did hit home with me a bit with Willie as Uncle Jesse.

The film rocked big time. I can't say enough about it. Probably will go one more time this week to see it again...

It is well worth it...

Darrell

Saw the movie 2 times this weekend.......Haven't done that for a movie since I saw Raiders Of The Lost Ark when I was a little kid.....

I think it was even better the second time around. I had my kids with me and it was my 2 1/2 year old son's FIRST movie. He was really good and even did a YEEHAAA once when he saw the General Lee in one the jumps. Then he fell asleep........But it was his first movie and an awesome one .....

One thing I loved - Uncle Jesse - . It reminded me of my father, he passed away when he was 73. The jokes and the way he was was almost like my dad. My dad told those kind of one -liners and was flirtatious in a good way, always complimenting the women in his own way. Except no "smokehouse" antics for my dad. I know it might sound dumb, but it really did hit home with me a bit with Willie as Uncle Jesse.

The film rocked big time. I can't say enough about it. Probably will go one more time this week to see it again...

It is well worth it...

Darrell

I just got back from seeing the movie, I dragged my father along, with the bride of a jumbo popcorn and Jessica Simpson in short shorts.

Personally, I though the movie was hysterical. Yes, not the tribute to the show we all know and love but funny in its own right, which was mindless enterainment with really rauchy humor

I loved the stunt scenes. If possible they looked better than the series did.

I would watch it again, in fact I will probably buy the DVD when it comes out.

Pendragon

Sidenote: Anyone else catch the preview for Corpse Bride. I love Tim Burton's work. I'll have to see that one.

I just got back from seeing the movie, I dragged my father along, with the bride of a jumbo popcorn and Jessica Simpson in short shorts.

Personally, I though the movie was hysterical. Yes, not the tribute to the show we all know and love but funny in its own right, which was mindless enterainment with really rauchy humor

I loved the stunt scenes. If possible they looked better than the series did.

I would watch it again, in fact I will probably buy the DVD when it comes out.

Pendragon

Sidenote: Anyone else catch the preview for Corpse Bride. I love Tim Burton's work. I'll have to see that one.

I thought the movie was pretty good for what it set out to do. It could have done without the drug references and Uncle Jesse's jokes got tiresome, but other than that I enjoyed it. I still wish Roscoe had been played more for laughs than he was.

This wasn't so much "Dukes of Hazzard" as it was 'the guy from American Pie and that fella from Jackass riding in a famous car.', but it was still a fun movie. I thought the part with the Confederate Flag was was pretty funny, and I was glad that Jessica Simpson didn't have a whole lot of scenes. The part with the female cop was a nice surprise as well.

Overall, it was fun, and the music was great, but I would have liked to hear a bit more of the "Good Ol' Boys" theme in the movie. The stunts/outtakes in the end credits looked great from what I saw of them too.

I thought the movie was pretty good for what it set out to do. It could have done without the drug references and Uncle Jesse's jokes got tiresome, but other than that I enjoyed it. I still wish Roscoe had been played more for laughs than he was.

This wasn't so much "Dukes of Hazzard" as it was 'the guy from American Pie and that fella from Jackass riding in a famous car.', but it was still a fun movie. I thought the part with the Confederate Flag was was pretty funny, and I was glad that Jessica Simpson didn't have a whole lot of scenes. The part with the female cop was a nice surprise as well.

Overall, it was fun, and the music was great, but I would have liked to hear a bit more of the "Good Ol' Boys" theme in the movie. The stunts/outtakes in the end credits looked great from what I saw of them too.