Didja see the "Making of Dukes of Hazzard" special

I caught most of it, and the stunt scenes look very cool. Saw another chase scene that hadn't been shown on the previews yet, and it was wild. The bar fight scene looked like good ol' mayhem too.

But no matter how many times they show Jessica with her "Something bounced up into my undercarriage" line, it doesn't improve.

Anybody else see it? Whad'ja think? Did it getcha more excited about the movie?

Brian

I caught most of it, and the stunt scenes look very cool. Saw another chase scene that hadn't been shown on the previews yet, and it was wild. The bar fight scene looked like good ol' mayhem too.

But no matter how many times they show Jessica with her "Something bounced up into my undercarriage" line, it doesn't improve.

Anybody else see it? Whad'ja think? Did it getcha more excited about the movie?

Brian

Hey Brian!

Saw the DOH movie special yesterday. And well... as you said, the car stunts look awesome, definitely worth the price of admission. Of course with the free ticket, thats covered! LOL. And I have to admit one line Jessica said sort of made me laugh the... those boys are going to get jailed and Ill have to go shake my hiney at someone. Talk about speaking truer words! LOL

I hate to say this, but I think all of us are going to enjoy this movie in terms of the action and the car stunts. Lets face it, we wouldnt be DOH fans if we didnt like that kind of fun. But I think all of us are going to have to go into this movie pretending we dont know who the Dukes are. If we just go in to see two guys in a suped up car running around causing trouble, I think we'll survive this movie! LOL course this is just my opinion!

Jax

Hey Brian!

Saw the DOH movie special yesterday. And well... as you said, the car stunts look awesome, definitely worth the price of admission. Of course with the free ticket, thats covered! LOL. And I have to admit one line Jessica said sort of made me laugh the... those boys are going to get jailed and Ill have to go shake my hiney at someone. Talk about speaking truer words! LOL

I hate to say this, but I think all of us are going to enjoy this movie in terms of the action and the car stunts. Lets face it, we wouldnt be DOH fans if we didnt like that kind of fun. But I think all of us are going to have to go into this movie pretending we dont know who the Dukes are. If we just go in to see two guys in a suped up car running around causing trouble, I think we'll survive this movie! LOL course this is just my opinion!

Jax

Yeah, I saw it. Taped it and watched it twice. As with most folks, I was skeptical about a Dukes movie. Not exactly on a list of things I though needed to be done. However, I actually got hooked when I saw the first trailer online. My first thoughts were, "This is going to be fun."

Seeing the "Making of..." last night reinforced that. A lot of folks are saying that this is going to ruin the show and all that it stood for. Well, I have two things to say: "Brady Bunch Movie" and "Brady Bunch Movie part 2."

In these, Greg has the hots for his sister (yeah, they aren't blood relatives, but still...) and he even kisses her. And then Marsha's female friend also has the hots for her. And you see Marsha undressing from behind a sheet. And let's not forget Katie Carry-All's (or whatever Cindy's doll's name was) underwear in the cake mix. You wouldn't have seen any of this on TV in 1970. And consider Carol's so-called ex-husband and his "mushrooms" that Alice found and put in his spaghetti sauce. Remember that scene? So, did these subplots ruin the original Brady Bunch show and what it stood for (whatever THAT was)? No! Did Nick at Night yank the reruns off the air because viewership plummeted (as some are saying will happen with CMT and The Dukes)? No! So lighten up, folks.

As for all the original cast members not wanting to have anything to do with the moive (as someone has mentioned), I read elsewhere that John Schnieder was at the premier, and Tom Wopat even mentions the movie on his Web site and how it will help introduce a new generation to "The Dukes."

-Bad Eye

Yeah, I saw it. Taped it and watched it twice. As with most folks, I was skeptical about a Dukes movie. Not exactly on a list of things I though needed to be done. However, I actually got hooked when I saw the first trailer online. My first thoughts were, "This is going to be fun."

Seeing the "Making of..." last night reinforced that. A lot of folks are saying that this is going to ruin the show and all that it stood for. Well, I have two things to say: "Brady Bunch Movie" and "Brady Bunch Movie part 2."

In these, Greg has the hots for his sister (yeah, they aren't blood relatives, but still...) and he even kisses her. And then Marsha's female friend also has the hots for her. And you see Marsha undressing from behind a sheet. And let's not forget Katie Carry-All's (or whatever Cindy's doll's name was) underwear in the cake mix. You wouldn't have seen any of this on TV in 1970. And consider Carol's so-called ex-husband and his "mushrooms" that Alice found and put in his spaghetti sauce. Remember that scene? So, did these subplots ruin the original Brady Bunch show and what it stood for (whatever THAT was)? No! Did Nick at Night yank the reruns off the air because viewership plummeted (as some are saying will happen with CMT and The Dukes)? No! So lighten up, folks.

As for all the original cast members not wanting to have anything to do with the moive (as someone has mentioned), I read elsewhere that John Schnieder was at the premier, and Tom Wopat even mentions the movie on his Web site and how it will help introduce a new generation to "The Dukes."

-Bad Eye

Brady Bunch doesn't really have much of a loyal fanbase. I mean, If there is such a thing as "BradyFest" I'm sure turnout is minimal.

This movie will be huge. For one, the number one movie right now is Sky High. Which means, The Dukes of Hazzard will have NO competition. Even people who don't like it will see it twice just because there's nothing out right now.

And the movie will be fun. But with a better cast, writers, and director, it would have put Star Wars to shame (well, close anyway). So, all the people who say "See? It's a hit movie! Take that you naysayers!" Keep in mind that being the #2 movie of the summer is basically a given with a movie titled "The Dukes of Hazzard."

Brady Bunch doesn't really have much of a loyal fanbase. I mean, If there is such a thing as "BradyFest" I'm sure turnout is minimal.

This movie will be huge. For one, the number one movie right now is Sky High. Which means, The Dukes of Hazzard will have NO competition. Even people who don't like it will see it twice just because there's nothing out right now.

And the movie will be fun. But with a better cast, writers, and director, it would have put Star Wars to shame (well, close anyway). So, all the people who say "See? It's a hit movie! Take that you naysayers!" Keep in mind that being the #2 movie of the summer is basically a given with a movie titled "The Dukes of Hazzard."

Dale, you make a good point - no matter how good the movie does, I think us longtime fans will be saying, "Coulda been better." And that's where I'm at. Tho' I'm curious about the movie, and I'll go see it.

But man...if this is the ONLY shot that the Dukes of Hazzard ever gets to have on the big screen....it'll be sad if it all ends in a tastless parody replete with bad T&A jokes and self-serving cameos by the Broken Lizard clan.

Worse, if the movie does well financially, WB will be convinced that they were right - and that nobody gives a rip about who's in the car, or who wears the shorts, or what people in Hazzard were supposedly like. And then a sequel will be bounced right up into our undercarriage.

No matter what side of the movie debate folks are on, it seems we all agree that the stunts will carry the flick. The question is...how far?

Brian

Dale, you make a good point - no matter how good the movie does, I think us longtime fans will be saying, "Coulda been better." And that's where I'm at. Tho' I'm curious about the movie, and I'll go see it.

But man...if this is the ONLY shot that the Dukes of Hazzard ever gets to have on the big screen....it'll be sad if it all ends in a tastless parody replete with bad T&A jokes and self-serving cameos by the Broken Lizard clan.

Worse, if the movie does well financially, WB will be convinced that they were right - and that nobody gives a rip about who's in the car, or who wears the shorts, or what people in Hazzard were supposedly like. And then a sequel will be bounced right up into our undercarriage.

No matter what side of the movie debate folks are on, it seems we all agree that the stunts will carry the flick. The question is...how far?

Brian

I am with Brian on this one. I was not even planning to see this movie, but the mere curiousity and the stunts are the main reason why I am going.

I grew up with Dukes of Hazzard and while I am glad to see my little 8 year old brother (big age difference between the two of us) enjoy Dukes to the point where he loves my Charger and walks around yelling YeeHaw...I will not take him to this movie. Not until I see it first and if what they say is true about the adult jokes and etc...then it is sad that I cannot take him to it.

I am curious to see how far this movie will go.

I am with Brian on this one. I was not even planning to see this movie, but the mere curiousity and the stunts are the main reason why I am going.

I grew up with Dukes of Hazzard and while I am glad to see my little 8 year old brother (big age difference between the two of us) enjoy Dukes to the point where he loves my Charger and walks around yelling YeeHaw...I will not take him to this movie. Not until I see it first and if what they say is true about the adult jokes and etc...then it is sad that I cannot take him to it.

I am curious to see how far this movie will go.

Loyal fans or not, the first movie apparently did enough box office $$$ to warrant a sequel. Point is, although the family was still stuck in the 70's, the "updates" to the plots weren't enough to destroy the original show.

-B

Loyal fans or not, the first movie apparently did enough box office $$$ to warrant a sequel. Point is, although the family was still stuck in the 70's, the "updates" to the plots weren't enough to destroy the original show.

-B