In memorie of Columbia & its Crew

Riddick

I cant think of any other way to put into words how we will remember and honor the heros lost today [Feb, 1 2003].

The Dance" BY: Garth Brooks

Looking back on the memory of

The dance we shared 'neath the stars alone

For a moment all the world was right

How could I have known that you'd ever say goodbye

And now I'm glad I didn't know

The way it all would end the way it all would go

Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain

But I'd of had to miss the dance

Holding you I held everything

For a moment wasn't I a king

But if I'd only known how the king would fall

Hey who's to say you know I might have chanced it all

And now I'm glad I didn't know

The way it all would end the way it all would go

Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain

But I'd of had to miss the dance

Yes my life is better left to chance

I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance

Rid, I agree. A few days ago was the anneversery of the Challanger Launch where the first teacher who was schedualed to go into space lost her life, along with the rest of the crew.

It was realized back then that sometimes temperatures can cause something like that to happen, if their in the extremes.

I will remember hearing about what happened today i guess. They gave their lives for science. Sometimes things happen sometimes which aren't in our control though.

Bless them, and I know that no matter how long from now it is, their families will always feel some pain over it, but i hope that over time, the pain gets numbed a little so they may get on with their lives like those on the Columbia would want them to.

Yeah, it was sad. This is the second explosion that I saw. I remember seeing the 1st one when I was 14 back in 1986. :cry:

Maryanne, that teacher you're talking about, I think that she lived in Oklahoma back before the explosion. There is a middle school here in Tulsa that is named after her. That's an interesting fact... :o

That Garth Brooks song really says it all. The original video has a little bit about the astronauts in it!

It was a sad day for us to see that happened! :(

I've discovered there are a lot of middle schools and elementary schools named after her. There was a picture in our local paper the other day of some students in a hall walking past a memorial of Christa McCauliffe at their school. I thought it was a school here in town or in the state. When I read the caption it said the school was in Green Bay, Wisconsin and it was named for her.