Dukesfest 2006?

I'm not sure about entrance fees for cars, I do know that there are admission fees for the gate, as well as autograph fees. Admission for this years festival was like $15 for one day or $25 for the weekend. Autographs usually run between $10 and $20 per actor. The food there is pretty expensive, but I think you can bring in your own cooler, as long as you don't bring glass.

All in all it's a fun time.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Dukesfest this year and there was an article in one of the local papers that said the movie people tried to get in on Dukesfest this year and Ben Jones wasn't having it. Something about if they didn't want to have anything to do with the original show/cast, why should he allow them to come and promote their movie. I don't remember exactly what it said but something very similar so I really, REALLY doubt the cast of the movie will ever be invited to a Dukesfest.

I went to Dukesfest this year and there was an article in one of the local papers that said the movie people tried to get in on Dukesfest this year and Ben Jones wasn't having it. Something about if they didn't want to have anything to do with the original show/cast, why should he allow them to come and promote their movie. I don't remember exactly what it said but something very similar so I really, REALLY doubt the cast of the movie will ever be invited to a Dukesfest.

I've went to Duke Fest the past 3 years. If you haven't been and can go --- I promise you'll have a good time.

I'd hope Ben and the powers that be will stick to their guns and not let the 'new' guys come. I haven't seen the movie yet. I think it will be at our local theater this week -- because of what Ben has said I may not go but if I do it won't effect the box office $$$$ which is all the promotors will look at. I have the ticket from the 3rd season so even IF I do decide to go they won't be getting my money. A sad way to feel about a movie about a show that I loved since show one, BUT I think they should have at least followed the morals the show was based on!

DixieDavenport

I've went to Duke Fest the past 3 years. If you haven't been and can go --- I promise you'll have a good time.

I'd hope Ben and the powers that be will stick to their guns and not let the 'new' guys come. I haven't seen the movie yet. I think it will be at our local theater this week -- because of what Ben has said I may not go but if I do it won't effect the box office $$$$ which is all the promotors will look at. I have the ticket from the 3rd season so even IF I do decide to go they won't be getting my money. A sad way to feel about a movie about a show that I loved since show one, BUT I think they should have at least followed the morals the show was based on!

DixieDavenport

My son and I would love to go next year...we could not afford it this year. We live in Bangor Maine so it would be quite the trek and I have no idea how much it would cost to fly and then hotels...bla bla bla...how long a drive is Maine to Tenn?? Or will it be somewhere esle next year? Anyway...I just gotta be there!! If nothing else...te meet that beautiful Bo!!!

My son and I would love to go next year...we could not afford it this year. We live in Bangor Maine so it would be quite the trek and I have no idea how much it would cost to fly and then hotels...bla bla bla...how long a drive is Maine to Tenn?? Or will it be somewhere esle next year? Anyway...I just gotta be there!! If nothing else...te meet that beautiful Bo!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I heard through the grapevine that 2005 was supposedly the last Dukesfest as far as Ben was concerned he said it was getting to be too much hassle and strain on him. But it asks on his website if you want to to it next year so maybe he's reconsidered or maybe since CMT co-sponsored this years fest they maybe gonna take the whole thing over and Ben is just gonna be a guest.

Dukesfest has been in Bristol, TN for the past 2 years (someone please correct me if I'm wrong!). There are lots of hotels nearby - if you go to the Bristol Motor Speedway website there are plenty of references to local hotels. I believe there is also camping nearby. Also Bristol is partly in TN and partly in VA, so if you look at Bristol, VA there are plenty of hotels there as well.

Merchandise at the festival does tend to be a bit pricey - but I don't think any more than at any other event.

LS3

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, me and my brother are going next year to dukesfest. I can't wait!! My younger brother is soo excited. His birthday is in 2 1/2 weeks and he's having a Dukes party...lol. For his birthday I'm getting him those matchbox cars like Dixie, General Lee, Boss Hoggs white convertable, and Roscoes patrol car. te he. Oh, also for Halloween he's dressing up as Bo Duke.lol. He bought the yellow button-up today, a cowboy hat and he already has his cowboy boots. lol. He's soo cute ((he's only 6 years old)) lol.

• 3 months later...