Let's make our own Dukes soundtarck - HazzardNet style

Capt_Redneck

Hey Ya'll ...

Let's make our very own HazzardNet Dukes soundtrack. Pick some of your favorite songs that should fit the Dukes and let's see what we can come up with. Maybe more of a Southern Rock/Country edge to it. ....

Darrell

1. Good Ol' Boys - Waylon Jennings - obviously has to be there

2. Take The Highway - Marshall Tucker Band - Great road song...

3. Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd - To me what the Dukes are .

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ya'll ...

Let's make our very own HazzardNet Dukes soundtrack. Pick some of your favorite songs that should fit the Dukes and let's see what we can come up with. Maybe more of a Southern Rock/Country edge to it. ....

Darrell

1. Good Ol' Boys - Waylon Jennings - obviously has to be there

2. Take The Highway - Marshall Tucker Band - Great road song...

3. Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd - To me what the Dukes are .

Alright I got a few more.....

1. Dixie - Black Oak Arkansas - Probably my favorite version, half singing half instrumental , all Southern Rock..

2. Gravel Roads - Black Oak Arkansas - Another one by Jim Dandy and gang. Listen to the song, goes good with the topic.

3. Wild Eyed Southern Boys - 38 Special - Title says it all

4. Born To Be Wild - Steppenwolf - The ULTIMATE driving song, although I love The Cult's a bit better....

Come on now , there has to be some others who can name some songs that would befit a Duke......

I'm gone

Darrell

Alright I got a few more.....

1. Dixie - Black Oak Arkansas - Probably my favorite version, half singing half instrumental , all Southern Rock..

2. Gravel Roads - Black Oak Arkansas - Another one by Jim Dandy and gang. Listen to the song, goes good with the topic.

3. Wild Eyed Southern Boys - 38 Special - Title says it all

4. Born To Be Wild - Steppenwolf - The ULTIMATE driving song, although I love The Cult's a bit better....

Come on now , there has to be some others who can name some songs that would befit a Duke......

I'm gone

Darrell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How about...

Mama's Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys (except substitute Duke Boys...see our alternative lyrics in the music forum)

I liked the way Bo & Luke sang that song in the episode " A Baby For The Dukes" . They sounded great with just them singing and the guitars.

I wish that version was included on the recent re-release of the original Dukes album and not the Willie/Waylon one(althought that is a great song)...

Darrell