What are you listening to???

bosbabysis

Right now I'm going back and forth between Toby's new song, American Ride...I love that song...n whats sad is what he is sayin is true....'Spill a cup of coffee make a million dollars.' that was the line that just played....well between that and The Oak Ridge Boys....pretty much any song of theres if I see it on youtube I click...lol...Im at the library so I have to use youtube....the ORB are in my cd player though....along with the cars cd player....lol...I just saw em in concert again on Saturday! YEE HAW! it was awesome!!! So they ain't gonna be leavin my cd player any time soon....though Johnny Cash, and Waylon Jennigs have been played in the past week....'If the shoe don't fit, phits gonna hit the shan" hmmm anywyas...lol...nother line of 'American Ride' *sings* Elvira, my hearts on fire for Elvira, giddy up omm papa omm papa mau mau.....She played tamborine with a silver jingle and she must have know the words to at least a million tunes...b-b-b-bobbie sue I wanna mmmmary you......Lord she never would have done it if she hadn't got drunk, dream on!! Hmmm sorry had an ORB moment there...lol...

Here are the lyrics to 'American Ride' by Toby Keith

Winters getting colder, Summer gettin warmer

Tidal wave comin cross the mexican border

Why buy a gallon it's cheaper by the barrel

Just don't get busted singing christmas carols

(Chorus)

That's us, that's right

Gotta love this american ride

Both ends of the o-zone burnin

Funny how the world keeps turnin

Look Ma, no hands

I love this American Ride

Gotta love this American Ride

Mama gets her box off watchin desperate housewives

Daddy works his can off payin for the good life

Kids on the youtube learnin how to be cool

Livin in a cruel world, pays to be a mean girl

Chorus

That's us, that's right

Gotta love this american ride

Both ends of the o-zone burnin

Funny how the world keeps turnin

Look Ma, no hands

I love this American Ride

Gotta love this American Ride

Poor little Lithamus, Americas town.

She gained five pounds and lost her crown.

Quick fix plastic surgical antidote.

Got herself a record deal, can't even sing a note

Platinum gettin bigger, Jesus gettin smaller.

Spill a cup of coffee, make a million dollars.

Cousins caught a thug with an airsoft can.

If the shoe don't fit, the fits gonna hit the shan.

Chorus

That's us, that's right

Gotta love this American ride.

Both ends of the ozone burnin.

Funny how the world keeps turnin.

Hot dog, Hot damn.

I love this American ride.

Gotta love this American ride.

Oh yeah,

Na na na na na na na na...

I don't like sad songs, but I do like Sissy's Song...I dunno why....n I still Like Bologna, I LOVE that song, it is true of today but unlike Toby's American Ride, I Still Like Bologna is about the simpler things not how the world is goin crazy, the wonderful economical n political n environmental nuts out there n all the crap in the US that shouldnt be goin on....if that makes any sense...lol..*sings I still lke bologna on white bread now and then* grrr...now its stuck in my head...oh wells! I love the song!

You can't go wrong with Alan Jackson no matter what song it is if you ask me. If you want country music, go to AJ's music. He is a hundred percent country if you ask me.

Really like Toby's music as well...him and AJ are amongst my favorites. I like his new song, but I have a little hard time understanding it. . .not all of it. What I don't understand is that he seems to be listing off the negativity that America is going through and yet he says he loves it? I don't know, that's the part I don't understand, but that is probably just me.

I like his new song, but I have a little hard time understanding it. . .not all of it. What I don't understand is that he seems to be listing off the negativity that America is going through and yet he says he loves it? I don't know, that's the part I don't understand, but that is probably just me.

I know what you mean Garrett...I have wondered that myself...The only thing I can think of, is maybe he is being sarcastic?? I dunno....I know what I mean but don't know how to get it spit out! lol...

I don't really mean against his other songs, just what he is saying in the song. He states stuff I would think of as being a bad thing and yet he loves the American Ride? That is what I had a hard time understanding.

I agree with what you are saying Redneck Girl...that is the only thing I can think of is that he is being sarcastic when he says it. Sometimes with Toby I find it hard to figure whether he is being serious or just sarcastic about stuff.

I don't really mean against his other songs, just what he is saying in the song. He states stuff I would think of as being a bad thing and yet he loves the American Ride? That is what I had a hard time understanding.

I agree with what you are saying Redneck Girl...that is the only thing I can think of is that he is being sarcastic when he says it. Sometimes with Toby I find it hard to figure whether he is being serious or just sarcastic about stuff.

Well last night I was at a Creed Concert with my brother and his girlfriend and we all happen to work at the same place and so we got the tickets for free as well.

As I said, that is what I figured. That he was being sarcastic. Leave it to Toby. :D He's great.

Well y'all wouldn't guess who I am listening to as of now. LOL. Kenny Chesney's Greatest Hits 2. Another great CD by him...has all his hits since his first Greatest Hits album - I already have all the songs, except one, on an album since I have most of his albums (the only one I don't already have is "I went out Last Night" which was new on this album) - but enjoy the hits all on one CD. If you like Kenny, it's a great album! :D

*sings: Poor little lithamas Americas town, she gained 5 pounds and lost her crown, quick fix, plastic surgical antidote, got herself a reccord deal, can't even sing a note!*

I wanna hear that song!!! GRRRR...lol...Yep I agree he is being sarcastic, or maybe he is saying that the people now a-days are so pathetic, that you just have to sit back, relaz and enjoy the ride....lol...anyways

GUESS WHAT!?!?!?! Y'all might not believe this, but for the first time in months I ain't listening to the Oak Ridge Boys at the moment!!!!!!!!! ahahahaha...lol....I'm listenin to Aaron Tippin's 'Super Hits'

*sings You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything, I got 16 speakers cross my backdash, a lil bobbin dog watchin everybody pass, dual antennas whippin in the wind, Lord there ain't a country station I can't tune in! She ain't a cadalac she aint a rolls, but there ain't nothin wrong with the radio! Lookin for my blue ahh oo ueee angel* hmmmm I shut up now....lol.

But I did have 'The Boys are Back' by the ORB in before Aaron...lol...

Hey!! I used to have that on 8-track in the late 70s!! It's from G.I. Blues, right?

"Angel walk on street. Earth boy walking too. All at once they meet. Ooooo Oooo Dreams come true. Now best part of story, like two doves in land of love they will always be. Happy angel is you. Happy earth boy is me."

Aww, it reminds me of when I met my wife. Sorry for getting all sentimental here but Emy started it. LOL

So Emy, did I remember those lyrics correctly?

Hey!! I used to have that on 8-track in the late 70s!! It's from G.I. Blues, right?

"Angel walk on street. Earth boy walking too. All at once they meet. Ooooo Oooo Dreams come true. Now best part of story, like two doves in land of love they will always be. Happy angel is you. Happy earth boy is me."

Aww, it reminds me of when I met my wife. Sorry for getting all sentimental here but Emy started it. LOL

So Emy, did I remember those lyrics correctly?

LOL...that song reminds me of Daisy and Enos

I wouldn't be surprised if Enos used to listen to it on his 8-track in the late 70s too. He probably thought of Daisy whenever he played it. He probably still does. That's one thing I like so much about my DVDs. No matter how many times I watch 'em, them folks in Hazzard County never get older. It must be the fresh air and cool spring drinking water.

*sighs* I wish I lived in Hazzard County.

I wouldn't be surprised if Enos used to listen to it on his 8-track in the late 70s too. He probably thought of Daisy whenever he played it. He probably still does. That's one thing I like so much about my DVDs. No matter how many times I watch 'em, them folks in Hazzard County never get older. It must be the fresh air and cool spring drinking water.

*sighs* I wish I lived in Hazzard County.

LOL I so agree

And i wish i lived there too