Trigger warnings on tv shows and movies

And more TV channels are at it now with posting those triggers before starting programs. Mom watched Rush Hour 2 last night on VH1. It probably showed all 3 because 3 came on when 2 went off. But anyway, as 3 was starting it said across the screen This movie contains language, cultural stereotypes that today might be offensive.

Sometimes you have to remind people that things have changed so that they don't have unrealistic expectations. I was just watching a 30-year-old sitcom where they visited two railroad stations, and both had manned ticket offices. You tell that to kids of today and they won't believe you!

54 minutes ago, HossC said:

Sometimes you have to remind people that things have changed so that they don't have unrealistic expectations. I was just watching a 30-year-old sitcom where they visited two railroad stations, and both had manned ticket offices. You tell that to kids of today and they won't believe you!

Cousin HossC Yep.

4 hours ago, Kait_Tucker said:

The so-called "trigger warnings" are for the protection of the station.  If someone is offended by a 40 year old TV show, it's either an act for attention or they are emotionally fragile.  My money is on the act.  It's an old show.  Accept it for what it is and move on.

Cousin Kait Tucker Yep! :)