A General Lee?

Well my dream car is a 68 or 69 charger i have had no problems finding one but cant afford it yet. So i figured i would post this for those of you who are looking for a charger as well. the only thing is i only know of the one place by me that always has the chargers, i don't know of anywheres else. I'm wokin on getin the site for it up on my computer now so if anyone wants to know just let me know. So just give a holler, i'll be around. :wink::lol:

Those new Chargers are extreamly fast, but like the GTO they don't look like muscle cars. They look bland. They new Chargers have nothing in common look wise. They had "Chargers in the 80's also that didn't look like Chargers... They looked like crap. They need to go more retro like the Thunderbird or the new Mustang. Until then I'll enjoy my '69 Charger!

If the dealership, your talking about is the Han's Ludke auto group, on Grand Ave. Avoid them. I have seen alot of bad things on the net about them. Also, look the cars over carefully, you will see bad paint jobs, bad body work, ripped seats. That is not even covering the mechanical work done. All they do is slap a coat of paint and decals on the car and its done. At the garage I work at, we just rebuilt onw of their general lees. A new engine, tranny, brakes, and everything else, it finally ran and drove decent. As for the paint job, the only thing the cust. kept was the decals. Your best bet is typing auto trader in the search engine, and look thru there. You should be able to find a decent charger for 10,000. The paint would run at the most 2000.00, and the decals for the car, is about 500.00. The only hitch might me the vector rims, and those are usually found on ebay. also look thru the confederate general lee club, (again use the search engine), and go thru there forums, they are helpful also.

I think looks wise the new charger, could be done better. But it'll smoke anything on the track.

Hey 1hellraiser thanks for your concern really, I will keep that in mind when do some more looking but the dealership is I am talking about is on Gratiot Ave. it has all kinds of muscle cars, and they all look great. But on some you can see the bondo they used or where they tried to cover up some rust. other than that most look great. Besides my cousin is a car expert so he helps me check them out. He even had his own 68 charger but had to sell it in order to have enough money to get married. Little does he know that my cousin Shannon is puttin together a "pot" for him to buy another one, because she feels guilty. So thanks again for the concerns but between my cousins and me we got it under control.

Here...... :wink:

www.showdownmusclecars.com

Ya'all enjoy tell me what ya think.

• 4 weeks later...

Evil...You enjoy your 1969...I enjoy my 1970. :) Someday I will own a 1969 Charger...And my brother had an 1980's Charger and it looked like crap. The new ones...not feeling the four door sedan look.

1hell...Oh yeah that company has a horrible rep on the net. I came thisclose to checking it out, but thank God I did some research on them. And now I see they have sold or have holds on all of their General Lee clones pretty much. I would not spend 24 grand on a car from them.

Alot of people want me to turn my 70 I just bought over the weekend into a Lee clone, but I keep telling them it was a 69. Now there is just slight differences between the years, but I am holding off for a year to see if any surprises show up on the body. It will be repainted and body fixed next summer. I did have a couple surprises on it already that I was not aware of when buying...it is in the shop right now for a possible U Joint going out...which the guy I bought it from is aware of now and when I find out for sure he wants a call back. I was not happy about this at all. I have driven the car less then 3 miles and I am itching to drive it a little more! lol So whenever you buy a car...an old one...no matter what...you never know what could happen.

When you get the site up you ought to go to moparts.com and places like that to promote it.

Evil...You enjoy your 1969...I enjoy my 1970. :) Someday I will own a 1969 Charger...And my brother had an 1980's Charger and it looked like crap. The new ones...not feeling the four door sedan look.

1hell...Oh yeah that company has a horrible rep on the net. I came thisclose to checking it out, but thank God I did some research on them. And now I see they have sold or have holds on all of their General Lee clones pretty much. I would not spend 24 grand on a car from them.

Alot of people want me to turn my 70 I just bought over the weekend into a Lee clone, but I keep telling them it was a 69. Now there is just slight differences between the years, but I am holding off for a year to see if any surprises show up on the body. It will be repainted and body fixed next summer. I did have a couple surprises on it already that I was not aware of when buying...it is in the shop right now for a possible U Joint going out...which the guy I bought it from is aware of now and when I find out for sure he wants a call back. I was not happy about this at all. I have driven the car less then 3 miles and I am itching to drive it a little more! lol So whenever you buy a car...an old one...no matter what...you never know what could happen.

When you get the site up you ought to go to moparts.com and places like that to promote it.

• 2 weeks later...

y'all are so dang lucky - i dont stand a hope in hell of getting any charger for a long time

i am looking at another option though, a Brittish General Lee, a ford granada done up like the Lee, the granada is pretty similar to the charger in terms of shape, styling is not as good, and has a smaller power plant, but it is the closest thing England has to a classic muscle car

y'all are so dang lucky - i dont stand a hope in hell of getting any charger for a long time

i am looking at another option though, a Brittish General Lee, a ford granada done up like the Lee, the granada is pretty similar to the charger in terms of shape, styling is not as good, and has a smaller power plant, but it is the closest thing England has to a classic muscle car

I tell you what...owning a old Charger is a money pit. I have so found that out with this 70. Always something needing to be done...and always finding more to be done.

I am taking it one step at a time. Have a list of things that need to be done asap...and things that can be done slowly (like the headliner and etc).

You may find a good Charger at 10 grand BUT plan on spending more then that to make it even better. So far I am up over that amount and still need to find rail repair underneath it (unibody). Rust is a killer. But it is kinda fun trying to track down the parts and etc that you need to fix it up. May take me a couple years to get it right where I want it...

I tell you what...owning a old Charger is a money pit. I have so found that out with this 70. Always something needing to be done...and always finding more to be done.

I am taking it one step at a time. Have a list of things that need to be done asap...and things that can be done slowly (like the headliner and etc).

You may find a good Charger at 10 grand BUT plan on spending more then that to make it even better. So far I am up over that amount and still need to find rail repair underneath it (unibody). Rust is a killer. But it is kinda fun trying to track down the parts and etc that you need to fix it up. May take me a couple years to get it right where I want it...