where could i find a charger to turn into a general lee?

edjr00

Okay, okay...how about a long meaningless relationship...as long as I get to drive the Charger every now and then. When it comes to that, I do windows. Every now and then I will Armor All too.

What'll be cool is this monster storm (Katrina) blowing out in the gulf knocks down some old barn and uncovers a primo Mopar. I'll snag it as it floats by.

To convert a 70 to a 69 you need a 69 hood,fenders,grill,bumper. Then on the quarters the side markers are lights ,not reflectors like on a 69 so you'd have to fill them in or try and convert them for a 69 reflector. Also expect to pay lots of money for any 68-70 Charger now even for a bad shape one.Here is my General. 455318_2_full.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have also been keeping my eye open for a 1969 Charger for a "fair" price. A couple of weeks ago I ran across a 1970 Charger while cruzing West on Hwy78 near Georgia/Alabama State line. It was sitting next to a garage with about two dozen other vehicles and most, if not all looked like pure junk. I guess the Charger looked to be in the best shape of all but BELIEVE ME it was a junker. At this time the garage was closed (Sunday) so I was unable to obtain any information about the car.

I went back by the shop on Tuesday and noticed that the Charger was gone. I asked one of the employees about the Charger and he started laughing! He told me they ran across the Charger in a junk yard about a week ago and had it towed to their lot to see if it would sell - as is!

This guy said the Charger was on the lot for about 6 hours before a passing motorist stopped and purchased the car for "around $9,000.00! I was then told that the buyer left the car on the lot over the weekend before he picked it up. The shop guy told me that about 10 people came by over the weekend wanting to purchase the car and offered more moneyAlso told there were about 2 dozen messages left on the shop's phone answering machine monday morning in reference to the Chargerl And this was all after they had sold the car on Friday!

This is good news if one has a Charger for sale but bad news for people like me , since I don't have a lot of $$$$ to spend on a car which will end up parked in a garage and hardly ever driven. After seeing what this 70 Charger looked like and what it sold for I am not too hopeful about finding one already "running" in my price range. Best thing I can say is wait a year or so and maybe the prices will come down. Right now with the new Dukes movie and the tv show being so popular everybody is wanting a 68-70 Charger. Next year people will want something else and Charger prices will come down - unless there is another Dukes movie!!!!!!

Yeah man, that's a shame! I hate all those trendies! I always wanted a Charger never had enough money. know that I could afford the prices they had some years ago, the damn prices went up and up!

Did u know what engine was in the car? maybe it was a hemi.... :-( Then the 9000 would have been cheap.

I believe it was an " R/T" model so I am guessing possibly a 440??? Still the car was trashed and a rolling rust bucket!! It would cost big $$$$ just to get it running and drivable/ street legal. It actually looked like some of the Chargers which are selling for parts only on Ebay. I am sure someone with the $$$$ to put into it can fix it up but it is way out of my price range.

I would be happy with a standard issue Charger with the 383 (to save on gas) - If I can just find one in the right price range. It is kid of funny since I actually owned a 1971 Charger about 15 years ago but sold it due to the high cost of keeping it up and the gas prices! It was army green with green interior and basically looked like a grandmaw car but it would run like the wind!

• 3 weeks later...