Shot phone

Skipper Duke

Y'all I think it's time for a new phone. I think this one is done for. It's doing some weird things. Like screen burn/ghosting. YouTube is still visible long after I close it out, and on Facebook, it does not make the popping bubble snap noise anymore when I click on like in the comments of posts directly. But odd that it still makes the noise when I click on comments of posts in my Facebook news feed. What do y'all think? On its last legs?

I don't know anything about cell phones but that does sound bad. My wife just bought me a cell phone. It's the first one I've ever owned. I'm not real interested in it but she wants me to take it with me when I go on walks in the woods. She also wants me to carry it when I get my new dirt bike and go on adventures. Good idea I guess but I still am not a big fan of cell phones....and I refuse to become a slave to it like most people are. Good luck fixing your problem Skipper.

On 3/7/2022 at 10:44 AM, Skipper Duke said:

Y'all I think it's time for a new phone. I think this one is done for. It's doing some weird things. Like screen burn/ghosting. YouTube is still visible long after I close it out, and on Facebook, it does not make the popping bubble snap noise anymore when I click on like in the comments of posts directly. But odd that it still makes the noise when I click on comments of posts in my Facebook news feed. What do y'all think? On its last legs?

It certainly sounds like it's time to change.

1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

I don't know anything about cell phones but that does sound bad. My wife just bought me a cell phone. It's the first one I've ever owned. I'm not real interested in it but she wants me to take it with me when I go on walks in the woods. She also wants me to carry it when I get my new dirt bike and go on adventures. Good idea I guess but I still am not a big fan of cell phones....and I refuse to become a slave to it like most people are. Good luck fixing your problem Skipper.

Did you get a smartphone, Roger? With your needs, a rugged, waterproof dumb phone might fit the bill better. Having said that, you can't check HazzardNet on a dumb phone!

• 2 months later...
On 3/8/2022 at 1:31 PM, HossC said:

It certainly sounds like it's time to change.

Did you get a smartphone, Roger? With your needs, a rugged, waterproof dumb phone might fit the bill better. Having said that, you can't check HazzardNet on a dumb phone!

He can do just what I do...use his desk top in the morning and then in the evening when he gets back! You ever notice how they come up with a new improved one every year and the cattle keep falling for it?  That kind of money on something that unnecessary is crazy! ( with the exception of a few jobs that need them.)

23 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

Update. It isn't just mine. My mom and everyone she asked is having the LG IMS keeps stopping issue.

Here's a fix  https://www.androidpolice.com/how-to-fix-lg-phones-t-mobile-ims-issues/amp/

Another thing LG is getting out of the cell phone business so it might be a good idea to get a different brand such as Motorola, Samsung, Apple etc...

Edited by Spike

32 minutes ago, Spike said:

Here's a fix  https://www.androidpolice.com/how-to-fix-lg-phones-t-mobile-ims-issues/amp/

Another thing LG is getting out of the cell phone business so it might be a good idea to get a different brand such as Motorola, Samsung, Apple etc...

OMG Cousin Spike... I will look into your link. Thank you so much!!!

Y'all I have excellent news! I called up my service provider Boost Mobile. Other customers have called the issue in. I'm not the only one. When I asked him "Is other customers having trouble with their phones?" He guessed my problem. I didn't even have to tell him. He said "Is it LG LMS keeps stopping?" I said "Yeah that's the problem." He said "Lots of customers have called that in. Bring it in my store I can fix it."

Update y'all... It's true according to an article I found on Google, Life's Good(LG)really is leaving the phone business. That's why everyone with their brand phone is getting an error message every few seconds. I went to my Boost Mobile store, and he printed me a sheet with directions for a fix. It did not work. Same exact steps that everyone online Facebook Messenger has suggested me thru.

3 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

TracFone is MY baby!!  :) 

Cousin Hobie... Is it that old Trac Fone where if you don't refill in time they make you change your number, or is it a new kind? I know that old kind. Dad uses it. It does not have internet? I need a phone that has it as a phone is my only device to gey online with.

On 5/26/2022 at 5:59 PM, Skipper Duke said:

Cousin Hobie... Is it that old Trac Fone where if you don't refill in time they make you change your number, or is it a new kind? I know that old kind. Dad uses it. It does not have internet? I need a phone that has it as a phone is my only device to gey online with.

You can buy the right Trac Fones ansd have internet. It's pay as you go though.