Any goals in 2022?

RogerDuke

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
2 hours ago, HossC said:

Well, it turned out to be a 0-0 draw. England now have to play their neighbors, Wales, while the USA play Iran.

What would you rather see Hoss, a 0-0 tie or a 5-5 tie? I like high scoring sports events.....but a lot of fans love defensive contests. Give me a 12-11 baseball game any day over a 1-0 game. 

Edited by RogerDuke

9 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

What would you rather see Hoss, a 0-0 tie or a 5-5 tie? I like high scoring sports events.....but a lot of fans love defensive contests. Give me a 12-11 baseball game any day over a 1-0 game. 

I'm not a big soccer fan, and I didn't watch last night's game, but while you can get thrilling 0-0 matches, I'd always prefer a few goals. You don't often get 5-5 draws - most matches a won by one or two goals. From what I've read, last night's game wasn't one of the thrilling ones, and the England players were booed of the pitch.

BTW. Does US TV show each half of a soccer match commercial-free, or do they takes breaks during the play?

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Garrett Duke said:

Those are great ideas! In high school I use to be in Tae Kwon Do...I really do miss it. Doubt I'll ever get back to it.. I'd love to be rich too...

I started in TKD and hope to be back in it one day but for now I'm in Wado Ryu.. As far as being rich....time + compounded interest will get you there, which takes maturity and discipline!

5 minutes ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I started in TKD and hope to be back in it one day but for now I'm in Wado Ryu.. As far as being rich....time + compounded interest will get you there, which takes maturity and discipline!

I have never heard of Wado Ryu...but I bet it's fun! As for being rich...I don't have any of those, so maybe that's why I'm not rich. LOL

I have all 7 seasons of Dukes on DVD. You can't get richer than that. 

To answer Garrett's question, I do have goals for 2023 but they are a bit boring and personal. My most exciting thing is my new motorcycle that I just got a few days ago. I got rid of the Njnja and am going to be hitting the trails again. The Ninja was fun but just too tempting to go fast....which I did. I'm more of a trail rider anyways. It's going to be a blast hitting the trails I once roamed.

17 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I have all 7 seasons of Dukes on DVD. You can't get richer than that.

Amen! So do I! I try to go into " The Land"  ( Hazzard County) every day! My own world, my own people!!

Well I'm pretty rich myself then. I have all seven seasons on VHS and DVD. LOL. I just can't watch the VHS tapes. HA!

4 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

Well I'm pretty rich myself then. I have all seven seasons on VHS and DVD. LOL. I just can't watch the VHS tapes. HA!

All 7 on VHS? Did you record them on cable TV? I have a few episodes on VHS that somebody recorded for me. I had a friend in town record them. I live in the country and we didn't have cable in the late 80s....still don't....have a satellite dish. 

I don't have Satellite but cable.  Back in the '80's, I didn't even have that but I'd catch them on TV or someone would tape them for me. Some of them I bought on VHS.  Of course, now, they're all stacked up on the top shelf in my closet beside my DVD's,  that I watch ( like right now,  I'm watchin S1 E8. ( The Big Heist!) 

Edited by Hobie Hartkins

1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

All 7 on VHS? Did you record them on cable TV? I have a few episodes on VHS that somebody recorded for me. I had a friend in town record them. I live in the country and we didn't have cable in the late 80s....still don't....have a satellite dish. 

I did record a lot of them on VHS, but the ones I have was from a subscription from Columbia that they sent me two episodes at a time every week or month. It was a while ago.