Your favorite cars....

I have to say #1 for me is my '70 Dodge Challenger...

I like pretty much all mopars though, would be very happy to own a '68 Super Bee or a '71 Demon.... My dad and uncle both have 2nd gen Chargers. Another uncle has a '66 Charger w/ a 440. It's the prettiest 1st gen I have ever seen.

My grandpa has a '47 Plymouth, Moonshiner special... It's actually what's called a business coupe. It's got a big trunk w/ a few hidden compartments.

Non mopar cars?

My favorites are '67 Fire Bird w/ the 400 Ram Air IV and a muncie 4 speed. Or a '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 Eliminator.

Any of the BOP GTOs or 442s or GSs... I like...

Just not really into Chevys that much... Or Fords... I like GT350s, Mach 1s, bosses... But that normal mustangs and torinos don't do squat for me... Neither do the chevelles or camaros...

except for one... a '71 Camaro RS SS. Now that's a bad ass car....

So what are some of ya'lls favorites?

'69 Charger of course, done up as a General Lee, but it is probably going to be a loooooooong time before I get that, if ever.

More realistic to own...I've had my eye on a '65 Impala that has been practically abandoned in town. If I had the money to walk up and offer cash for it, I would see if I could buy it. Guy's got it parked next to his garage and I haven't seen it move in almost 3 years (though the parking space occasionally changes).

I like the '65 - '68 Impala's, though it's got to have the fast back and be 2-door...not into the 4-door models.

LS3

• 1 month later...

for me it would have to be Eagle SS - very rare kit car - one of my best friends has one

http://www.eaglekitcars.co.uk/Cars/EagleSS/EagleSS_Cars/EagleSS_Register/Kenneth_Crane.htm

another fave car is the classic DeLorean DMC - excellent piece of engineering, shame about the engineers!

i also like the McLaren F1 GTR Longtail - nice car - shame about the gear stick

but my all time fave would have to be Dodge Ram SRT-10 Single Cab - a V-10 powered truck - excellent

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Chargers!!!!! 1969 Dodge Chager R/T with a big ol hemi!

I also like the 68 Mustang GT...like the one in "Bullit" Damn that's a cool car!

I guess I like all muscle cars! Damn the other day I saw a 67 Charger....it was a rag top!! And a cooooool yellow colour!! It was just sitting there at the grocery store, I was gonna wait till the owner came out an offer to buy it...but my mom wanted to go home.

As far as new cars go....I like the new Dodge Dakota...and that Nissan titan or whatever it's called...it's kinda cool too. Subaru's...those are cool two, all wheel drive is nice in da snow!

But you can give me the good ol orange stock car any dang day!!

Ooh, that's hard... I'm quite a car aficianado (or however you spell it). Here's a list.

'69 Dodge Charger

Lamborghini Murcielago

Aston Martin V12 Vanquish

Ferrari 550 Barchetta Pininfarina

'69 Chevrolet Camaro SS

'03 Dodge Viper RT/10

Jaguar XK

Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Ford GT/GT40

Mercedes 230 TE Estate(My dad's car!)

Chrysler 300C Estate

Cadillac Escalade

Grave Digger (Monster Truck) :D

Long list! :lol:

• 8 years later...

:previous: Nice Mercedes, Mufn.

There are loads of muscle cars I'd like, so I'll probably have to make at least one more post. Like Roth, I'd also go for a Chevelle, although I'd have the '70 (it was a good year ;)).

FavoriteCars1.jpg

My BMW choice would be a '80s 635 CSi.

FavoriteCars2.jpg

I've always preferred the original Audi Coupe Quattro to the Sport. This is the one they used on 'Life on Mars' sequel 'Ashes to Ashes'.

FavoriteCars3.jpg

I'll finish this post with another 2-door German coupe from the '80s - there's something I still like about the 500 SEC.

FavoriteCars4.jpg

I never liked Mercedes, but all the other ones are very nice! I might be wrong, but that those Gullwing wheels are not stock I think. They look more recent then the rest of the car.

Hoss, have you seen this verson if the SS yet?

01.jpg

I mean the grill. For the a grill running from one side through to the other looks way better in my opinion then one which stops before the headlights.

I never liked Mercedes, but all the other ones are very nice! I might be wrong, but that those Gullwing wheels are not stock I think. They look more recent then the rest of the car.

They're not stock wheels. The original ones looked like this:

FavoriteCars5.jpg

Never liked Mercedes? How about the updated version of the car above?

FavoriteCars6.jpg

Hoss, have you seen this verson if the SS yet?

01.jpg

I mean the grill. For the a grill running from one side through to the other looks way better in my opinion then one which stops before the headlights.

I know what you mean about the '68 and '69 Chevelles. Cooter and Petey Willis both had '68 Chevelles in Dukes. I'd still have to give my preference to the angular grille on the '70. It also appears on the El Camino - I wouldn't say no to one of these either!

FavoriteCars7.jpg

Never liked Mercedes? How about the updated version of the car above?

FavoriteCars6.jpg

The front of the SLS is very nice. But just as Jeremy Clarkson said, after the rear wheels they just stopped designing it. It all very good and aggressive looking at the front and the rear is all watery and sad looking.

I wonder when F1 will get a new Safety Car. I think Bernd Mayländer Doesn't want a new one a

I know what you mean about the '68 and '69 Chevelles. Cooter and Petey Willis both had '68 Chevelles in Dukes. I'd still have to give my preference to the angular grille on the '70. It also appears on the El Camino - I wouldn't say no to one of these either!

I would sell it if I had one to buy an orange clunker car. :p

I thought I should include some British cars in my list.

OK, the AC Cobra had some help from a Texan chicken farmer ;).

FavoriteCars8.jpg

The lines of the original E-Type Jaguar (XK-E) still take some beating.

FavoriteCars9.jpg

And now a couple of cars made even more famous by appearing in Bond movies. First, the Silver Birch Aston Martin DB5 which made its Bond debut in 'Goldfinger'.

FavoriteCars10.jpg

Or how about a Lotus Esprit Turbo?

FavoriteCars11.jpg

Top Gear had a review of a new sort of E-type produced by some other company, that one was very nice too. I believe Jeremy was so tempted by it he would almost call it the best car ever or something like that.

That New Jaguar reviewed on Top Gear was very good looking, Great sound and styling. I just wished remembered it's name...

The Esprit was in James Bond no? I remember a story from Top Gear when they said the head of Lotus parked a prototype car in front of the James Bond production office so everyone could see it. This meant the producer wanted that car in their next Bond movie.

A lot of Top Gear and guesses. But I'm quite sure part of what I just told happened. I remember quite a lot, but always forget some details about it. :-?

Top Gear had a review of a new sort of E-type produced by some other company, that one was very nice too. I believe Jeremy was so tempted by it he would almost call it the best car ever or something like that.

He was talking about the Eagle E-Type Speedster - yours for only £600,000 (€710,500/$978,000 at today's rates).

FavoriteCars12.jpg

The Esprit was in James Bond no? I remember a story from Top Gear when they said the head of Lotus parked a prototype car in front of the James Bond production office so everyone could see it. This meant the producer wanted that car in their next Bond movie.

A lot of Top Gear and guesses. But I'm quite sure part of what I just told happened. I remember quite a lot, but always forget some details about it. :-?

I think the story about parking in front of the production office was in Richard Hammond's 50th anniversary look at James Bond cars. That would have been to get the 1976 Esprit (the one that turned into a submarine) into 'The Spy Who Loved Me'.

oddly enough, and I didn't realize this until years later, my two VERY favorite cars are the 1987 Toyota Corolla GTS coupe ( The one with pop up lights) AND the 1987 Mercedes 450 SEL with winshield wipers on the headlights!!

Speaking of Toyotas, I've always liked the early-80s Celica Supra (also with pop-up lights :)).

FavoriteCars13.jpg