I Got My Racing Shirt!

Hobie Hartkins

Has anyone ( besides me) seen the video of the guy in a local race of some kind and he just won and was standing in front of the crowd and the female reporter was interviewing him and it was LIVE.....so nothing could be bleeped out etc. The crowd was chanting..." F Joe Biden, F Joe Biden" and the reporter tried to cover it up  by saying , " The crowd is saying " Let's Go Brandon!" ( the first name of the driver). You could tell what they were really saying though. I just bought a  " Let's Go Brandon "  T shirt!  You obviously have some REAL Americans in that area!

I did briefly mention the '"Let's Go Brandon" memes over in the NASCAR thread on October 5th, but didn't go into details of its origin because, as you'll remember, this is a non-political forum!

From what I read at the time, NBC Sports reporter Kelli Stavast was interviewing Brandon Brown after his victory in the NASCAR Xfinity Series Sparks 300 race at Talladega on October 2nd. It's not clear whether she was trying to cover up the crowd chant, or if she genuinely misheard it.

11 minutes ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I don't see HOW she couldn't have correctly heard what they were saying !    Kelli Stavast was interviewing Brandon Brown-Thanks for the names...I knew his but not hers!

When the video first went viral, most of the comments were making fun of how the reporter had misheard the chant. It only seems to be later that people suggested that she was covering up the real words.